Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2013, 02:27 (Ref:3254797)   #51
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As described in this NBC press release, the combination of a live NBC national broadcast and the glamour of Monaco, F1 got its best US TV ratings in years.

Monaco GP on NBC is most-watched F1 race in U.S. since 2007
Tony DiZinno
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com
May 28, 2013, 4:09 PM EDT

NBC’s live broadcast of the Monaco Grand Prix this past Sunday morning was watched by nearly 1.5 million viewers, making it the most-watched Formula One™ race on U.S. television in six years, and up 241% vs. last year’s race, which aired on SPEED, according to Fast National data provided today by the The Nielsen Company.

The Monaco Grand Prix (7:59-10:30 a.m. ET/4:59-7:30 a.m. PT), which was broadcast live on U.S. network television for the first time, was watched by 1.456 million viewers and scored a 1.0 household rating. It is the most-watched F1 race on U.S. television in six years, since FOX broadcast the Canadian Grand Prix in the afternoon in 2007 (6/10/07, 1.494 million).

Viewership for the race was up 241% vs. last year’s Monaco telecast on SPEED (427,000 viewers), and was up 40% vs. FOX’s four-race F1 average last year (1.038 million), all of which were broadcast in the afternoon.

NBC tallied triple-digit increases vs. SPEED’s telecast last year among two key demographics, Adults 18-49 (461,000 vs. 127,000, up 263%) and Adults P25-54 (674,000 vs. 160,000, up 321%).

The next F1 race is the Canadian Grand Prix, which will air live on NBC at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, June 9. For more information on the NBC Sports Group’s F1 coverage, including the Canadian Grand Prix, click here.
Old 29 May 2013, 03:57 (Ref:3254811)   #52
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They did a wonderful job televising the race. Not many commercial breaks at all (I counted 1 total break w/o side by side). Great to have the announcers on-site, and I appreciated the seamless transition between NBCSN and NBC during the pre and post race. If they promote Montreal well it could set records, considering 2PM is a much more optimal time.
Old 29 May 2013, 04:20 (Ref:3254812)   #53
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canadian GP goes head to head with a Nascar race June 9th. I know the audiences don't really overlap but I'm likely to watch more of the Nascar race.

Not that I or anyone without a Nielsen box matter to ratings.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 02:51 (Ref:3306917)   #54
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you're in the U.S. and you want to watch qualifying live from Singapore, you can only watch it on NBC Sports Live Extra Saturday morning, September 21 at 9AM EDT. There is no live TV broadcast of Singapore qualifying in the U.S. Also, you must have a subscription to cable TV in order to watch the online broadcast.

There will be a delayed TV broadcast of Singapore qualifying Saturday afternoon at 3:30 PM on the NBC Sports network, the normal broadcast channel for F1 in the U.S.

More details:

via press release:
FORMULA ONE DRIVERS RACE “UNDER THE LIGHTS” AT SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX LIVE ON NBCSN THIS WEEKEND

Formula One’s Night-Time Event Highlights More Than 15 Hours of Motorsports Coverage This Weekend

Live Coverage of Singapore Grand Prix Begins Sunday at 7:30 a.m. ET on NBCSN

STAMFORD, Conn. – Sept. 19, 2013 – Formula One’s top drivers will race “under the lights” this weekend at the SingTel Singapore Grand Prix, highlighting NBCSN’s 15.5 hours of motorsports coverage. Live coverage of the Singapore Grand Prix, Formula One’s original night-time race, will begin on Sunday at 7:30 a.m. on NBCSN.

NBCSN’s live coverage of the Singapore Grand Prix begins with practice on Friday at 9:30 a.m. ET. Coverage of qualifying will be live streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra – NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices and tablets – on Saturday at 9:30 a.m. ET, and can be seen on NBCSN at 3:30 p.m. ET. F1 Extra, NBC Sports Group’s half-hour post-race show, will air immediately following the conclusion of the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday...

Fri., September 20 F1 Singapore Grand Prix – Practice NBCSN 9:30 a.m.

Sat., September 21 F1 Singapore Grand Prix – Practice (Encore) NBCSN 1 a.m.
F1 Singapore Grand Prix – Qualifying NBC Sports Live Extra 9:30 a.m.
F1 Singapore Grand Prix – Qualifying NBCSN 3:30 p.m.

Sun., September 22 F1 Singapore Grand Prix – Qualifying (Encore) NBCSN 1 a.m.
F1 Singapore Grand Prix NBCSN 7:30 a.m.
F1 Extra NBCSN 10 a.m.
F1 Singapore Grand Prix (Encore) NBCSN 1:30 p.m.
F1 Extra (Encore) NBCSN 4 p.m.
*Dates and times subject to change

FORMULA ONE ON NBC SPORTS LIVE EXTRA: NBC Sports Live Extra — NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, and tablets — will provide live comprehensive streaming coverage of the Singapore Grand Prix, as well as practice and qualifying in the days preceding the race . Coverage will be streamed via “TV Everywhere,” the media industry’s effort to make quality content available to MVPD customers both in and out of home and on multiple platforms.

For desktops, NBC Sports Live Extra can be accessed at NBCSports.com/liveextra. The NBC Sports Live Extra app for mobile devices and tablets is available at the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, and on select Android handset and tablet devices within Google Play.

Coverage airing on NBCSN will live stream to PCs, mobile devices and tablets through NBC Sports Live Extra, and to the digital platforms of participating cable, satellite, and telco services, via “TV Everywhere,” which is available on an authenticated basis to subscribers of participating MVPDs.

Click here for the participating cable/satellite/telco companies offering NBC Sports Live Extra:
http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/20...tra-providers/
Old 21 Sep 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3307045)   #55
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I could not find live qualifying this morning ? It used to be so easy with Speed TV ...

Time Warner cable does not support live extra... What a joke !
Old 21 Sep 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3307065)   #56
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I could not find live qualifying this morning ? It used to be so easy with Speed TV ...

Time Warner cable does not support live extra... What a joke !
For Charter I needed my Charter password, I have no idea what they are talking about, I never had a password >=(

very frustrating
Old 21 Sep 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3307066)   #57
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
For what we pay here to subscribe to cable, we should just be able to select the channel and watch the show ...
Old 24 Sep 2013, 01:50 (Ref:3308509)   #58
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
I also could not access the NBC Sports Live Extra stream during live qualifying. My cable company, Time Warner, provides the NBCSN TV network as part of its regular digital HD package, but it was not listed among the cable & satellite companies that provide the online version of the channel.

NBCSN Live Extra should work like Watch ESPN, the online version of ESPN. Once you subscribe to a cable package that includes ESPN, you register on your broadcast TV provider's Web site (Time Warner for me) and then you log in to Watch ESPN with whatever login and password you registered with your broadcast TV provider.

I think NBCSN has done a pretty good job of broadcasting F1 this year, but they alienate their core viewers when they don't provide consistent, reliable coverage of a key live event. I understand that live qualifying got bumped off NBCSN by programming that had wider appeal (Premier League) but they should have switched qualifying over to CNBC or MSNBC, both of which were running infomercials at the time of qualifying.

Oh well, at least NBCSN is showing a replay of the race in prime time tonight.
Old 21 May 2014, 00:47 (Ref:3408449)   #59
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I've said if before (in Spanish), May is the month of motorsport. NBC agrees, but calls this weekend the Biggest Day in Motorsports:

Quote:
STAMFORD, Conn. – May 20, 2014 – NBC Sports Group will present more than 50 hours of motorsports coverage this week leading into the “Biggest Day in Motorsports”, highlighted by NBC’s live presentation of the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday
This weekend it's the premiere of /Drive on NBC Sports:

Quote:
The premiere follows hosts Chris Harris, Matt Farah and Mike Spinelli on an adventure across Europe to Monaco in three Formula 1-inspired supercars from F1 constructors Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz AMG and McLaren
Also, it's Off The Grid episode 2 Barcelona, with Will Buxton and Jason Swales featuring the F1 Spanish Grand Prix.

On Satuday, Berinie Ecclestone's documentary "1" will be premiered.

They will air 6 hours of the Indianapolis 500 Carb Day.