Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jan 2014, 10:16 (Ref:3361530)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
....... JB is out today !
in "Nellie".
Old 29 Jan 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3361553)   #27
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
seems the wet weather test just seems to be a "slightly moist" test
Old 29 Jan 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3361579)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Good to see the budget cuts making it easier! (NOT)
There aren't any 'budget cuts' at present. Ferrari and Red Bull are still chucking as much money as they can get their hands on, at these cars. The real problem is that the teams which don't have those kind of budgets are going to be even less well prepared than they were last season. The lack of sponsorship stickers on some of the cars, tells its own story.

From that article.

"I don't know how the little teams are coping,"

"There are several cars here without many (sponsorship) stickers."

Christian 'money bags' Horner.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3361606)   #29
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It appears we've had the first flame-based turbo failure, on Vettel's car.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3361616)   #30
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Looks like Renault are having some real teething problems, only completed 11 laps so far today in total between all the Renault powered teams.

Mercedes on 115 laps so far.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3361620)   #31
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I wonder how much missing the test will hurt Lotus. Other teams are accepting that running the new cars is a voyage of discovery, even down to in garage procedures that are vastly different due to the ERS, heat from turbo's, etc, etc.

They are finding things you can only discover by running the cars, so I would suggest that Lotus will be behind on the curve and at the next test other teams will be testing what they have learnt this week, whilst Lotus will be in the discovery stage. Although they will gain some knowledge from Renault on faults found this week and possible things they should look at.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 15:15 (Ref:3361648)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
From that article.

"I don't know how the little teams are coping,"

"There are several cars here without many (sponsorship) stickers."

Christian 'money bags' Horner.
Franz Tost's response also from that article:

'The boss of one of those smaller teams, Toro Rosso's Tost, admitted that the necessary annual budget had increased by 25 per cent over the winter.

"And that money is only to build a car and perform at about the same level as last year. In short, the situation is difficult," the Austrian told Russia's f1news.ru.'

for the smaller teams and the lack of new sponsor announcements i wonder where is that extra money coming from?
Old 29 Jan 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3361686)   #33
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big problems for the Renault teams so it seems

all other teams have done more laps by themselves than all Renault teams put together
Old 29 Jan 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3361697)   #34
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I've heard of the new engines from what I've been able to find on YouTube so far from the Jerez test the sound is nowhere near the travesty against F1 that was being speculated in some quarters.

Yes, they are not as shrill as the old V8s, but that has been replaced by a throaty growl which I think does the cars justice. How much quieter they are is harder to judge, but there seemed to be plenty of sound bouncing off the scenery from what I could tell.

I never got to see/hear the late '80s turbos trackside at a race circuit, but judging from what I have heard on TV footage and the Goodwood FOS there is a hint of them, to my ears anyway, in the current 2014 engines.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3361700)   #35
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I wonder how much missing the test will hurt Lotus. Other teams are accepting that running the new cars is a voyage of discovery, even down to in garage procedures that are vastly different due to the ERS, heat from turbo's, etc, etc.

They are finding things you can only discover by running the cars, so I would suggest that Lotus will be behind on the curve and at the next test other teams will be testing what they have learnt this week, whilst Lotus will be in the discovery stage. Although they will gain some knowledge from Renault on faults found this week and possible things they should look at.
as a mate quite rightly points out, i'm sure lotus won't have enamoured themselves and their outstanding bills to renault after tweeting a catty comment about red bull's mileage

https://twitter.com/Lotus_F1Team/sta...66762657832960

silly boys.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3361709)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes a bit daft. I suspect there will be changes in the Social Media and Information Dissemination Control Department. Heads, or indeed fingers and thumbs, will roll!
Old 29 Jan 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3361729)   #37
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
their latest one is equally as daft. who's responsible for telling them they jumped the shark a while ago....

https://twitter.com/Lotus_F1Team/sta...96373475184640
Old 29 Jan 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3361738)   #38
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Renault has admitted there is a problem with their energy store. Its ment to be mechanical in nature. There are also problems with integration of the various systems in the cars.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/199882/...t-problem.html

If it is one basic problem that is affecting all the Renault powered cars then it should be solveable but if there are a number of different ones then its a different story.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3361963)   #39
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
as a mate quite rightly points out, i'm sure lotus won't have enamoured themselves and their outstanding bills to renault after tweeting a catty comment about red bull's mileage

https://twitter.com/Lotus_F1Team/status/428566762657832960

silly boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
their latest one is equally as daft. who's responsible for telling them they jumped the shark a while ago....

https://twitter.com/Lotus_F1Team/sta...96373475184640

Are Lotus using Renault engines this year?
Has it been confirmed?
Old 30 Jan 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3361965)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Renault has admitted there is a problem with their energy store. Its ment to be mechanical in nature. There are also problems with integration of the various systems in the cars.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/199882/...t-problem.html

If it is one basic problem that is affecting all the Renault powered cars then it should be solveable but if there are a number of different ones then its a different story.
I read somewhere that there may b e a crankshaft problem too.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3361985)   #41
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if the FIA approve a considerable increase in the number of testing days allowed before the season gets underway.

At the moment there's a very real chance that none of the cars will finish the Australian GP.Even just 3 or 4 cars isn't going to look good on TV!
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3362034)   #42
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear, Caterham out, Toro Rosso out, and just then, Red Bull out on track for the first time today, but only did one sector when smoke appeared from the back of the car. Renault engines are proving to be unreliable. Mercedes engines are having a very good run so far.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3362036)   #43
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that there is only one word to describe the events in Jerez. That would FARCE !
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3362041)   #44
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bernie's plan to make F1 more interesting will have backfired if half the cars won't even make it past the installation lap in Australia!
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3362054)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
10:58 Red Bull is out. Daniel Ricciardo takes to the track for the first time in the RB10, which has completed just 11 laps so far in 2014 testing.
Quote:
11:00 Red flag. We're not sure what the cause is yet.
Quote:
11:00 It's the Red Bull...
Old 30 Jan 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3362063)   #46
brandscooper
Rookie

brandscooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
Bernie's plan to make F1 more interesting will have backfired if half the cars won't even make it past the installation lap in Australia!
Ah, the old internet forum over reaction! I love it! Keep these gems coming. This is pre-season testing. Of course there are going to be issues thats why its called testing. We're all dooomed. Cancel F1. Aahhhhhhhhrgh, save me Tom Cruise.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3362068)   #47
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would have expected the engine manufactures to have been able to run the power trains on test rigs for thousands of miles, I am assuming the majority of the issues are not fundamental flaws in the design but rather issues with respect to integration into the cars? Thing not getting hooked up just right, components overheating as they haven't got the cooling just right, etc.

Richard
Old 30 Jan 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3362076)   #48
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was that Ricciardo who crashed?
Old 30 Jan 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3362078)   #49
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandscooper View Post
Ah, the old internet forum over reaction! I love it! Keep these gems coming.
Over the past year on this sub-forum I've seen more posts such as your own complaining about us complaining than posts including complaining about the sport itself.

Complainception
Old 30 Jan 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3362079)   #50
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the FIA approve a considerable increase in the number of testing days allowed before the season gets underway.

At the moment there's a very real chance that none of the cars will finish the Australian GP.Even just 3 or 4 cars isn't going to look good on TV!

Chilton for WDC?