Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 May 2016, 19:17 (Ref:3640686)   #101
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Personally, I'd like to see them moving GTE over from ELMS to the Michelin Cup and making ELMS a prototype-only series. That way they could also get rid of the grid limits for the P3s and ELMS' GTE + the 11 GT3s from the Michelin Cup would actually make for a decent field.

Don't really see it happening, though.

I actually agree with you to some extent. My argument to counter is the joy of watching P2s lap cars, but I guess more LMP3s make that happen anyway, so I guess it'd be good all round
Old 10 May 2016, 20:23 (Ref:3640704)   #102
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Saturday: ELMS GT 3 Hours (GTE, GT3, GT4, CUP)
Sunday: ELMS Proto 3 Hours (LMP1-Nonhybrid, LMP2, LMP3, CN)

No grid limits

Would be nice
Old 10 May 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3640720)   #103
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Saturday: ELMS GT 3 Hours (GTE, GT3, GT4, CUP)
Sunday: ELMS Proto 3 Hours (LMP1-Nonhybrid, LMP2, LMP3, CN)

No grid limits

Would be nice

Winning combo
Old 11 May 2016, 09:42 (Ref:3640823)   #104
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DSC says the Riley LMP3 will be at the LM round. But given tghat Murphy hasn't been able to field one even for Imola, I remain slightly cautious
Old 11 May 2016, 10:52 (Ref:3640834)   #105
Deleted
Veteran

At LM, it's the Ferrari Challenge that gets the support race slot #1 following the morning warm-up. So Road to Le Mans is moved to 11.10-12.10 local time. I fear this might substantially lower the chances of Eurosport covering it then, but hope not.
Old 11 May 2016, 23:04 (Ref:3641013)   #106
Bcarr6
Veteran

Slight boost for the numbers- TF Sport likely to enter a second car from the 3rd race of the season, for Devon Modell and Andrew Jarman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 May 2016, 18:09 (Ref:3641181)   #107
Bcarr6
Veteran

Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup

Dean Koutsoumidis and James Winslow announced behind the wheel of one of Graff Racings Ligier LMP3s for the Le Mans race.

We officially have three LMP3s announced

EDIT: make that 4- PS racing will be bringing their Adess 03 for the pre Le Mans race. Angelo Negro and Philippe Prette driving.

Last edited by Bcarr6; 12 May 2016 at 18:15.
Old 12 May 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3641201)   #108
Deleted
Veteran

Where did you get the info?

Anyhow, great news about ADESS! So we have Onroak, ADESS and (subject to readiness) Riley. Of the existing makes (not Dome, not Norma) that means only Ginetta is missing.
Old 12 May 2016, 20:47 (Ref:3641224)   #109
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Where did you get the info?

Anyhow, great news about ADESS! So we have Onroak, ADESS and (subject to readiness) Riley. Of the existing makes (not Dome, not Norma) that means only Ginetta is missing.

Endurance Info, not the sturdiest source but comes with a pretty good visual of the car in team colours

The car, nicknamed 'Moneypenny' will do the Road to Le Mans race followed by a go at the new Asian sprint cup and ASLMS

http://www.endurance-info.com/en/ps-...dess-03-lm-p3/
Old 12 May 2016, 20:58 (Ref:3641226)   #110
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Lots more GT3 cup news tmw - there's a 12th car for the race at Imola - Lots of confirmed LMP3s for LM24

If interested in which teams said they will enter more cars later in the season see out coverage on DSC from the official Paul Ricard test.

TF, FF, AF (lots of 'f's s!) all said they'd bring more cars for future rounds
Old 13 May 2016, 10:07 (Ref:3641312)   #111
Bcarr6
Veteran

As Mr Goodwin suggested, there is an additional entry this weekend in the Sports and Classic Ferrari,bringing total to 12. Also confirmed is the second TF sport Aston Martin from the Le Mans round.

Old 13 May 2016, 10:10 (Ref:3641313)   #112
Bcarr6
Veteran

LMGT3 CUP LINEUP 2016

FF Corse - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Johnny Mowlem / Ivor Dunbar

FFF Racing Tean by ACM - McLaren 650s GT3 - Adrian Quaiffe-Hobbs / Hiroshi Hamiguichi

FFF Racing Tean by ACM - Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - Andrea Caudarelli / Sean Fo Songyang

Tockwith Motorsports - Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 - Phillip Hanson / Nigel Moore

TF Sport - Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - Salih Yoluc / Euan Hankey

AF Corse - Ferrari 488 GT3 - Thomas Flohr / Francesco Castelacci

AF Corse - Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia - Felipe Barreiros / Mads Rasmussen

AF Corse - Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia - Rui Aguas / Pierre Marie De Leener

Villorba Corse - Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia - Cedric Mezard / Steeve Hiesse

BMS Scuderia Italia - Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia - Luigi Lucchini / Matteo Cressoni

Mentos Racing - Porsche 911 GT3 R - Egidio Perfetti / Klaus Bachler

Classic and Modern Racing - Ferrari GT3 458 Italia - Nicholas Misslin / Maxime Vaxivivre

FROM SECOND ROUND ONWARDS

TF Sport - Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - Andrew Jarman / Devon Modell

LM ONLY

United Autosports - Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 - Phil Burgan / TBA

Graff Racing - Ligier LMP3 - Dean Koutsoumidis / James Winslow

United Autosports - Ligier LMP3 - Martin Brundle / Christian England

United Autosports - Ligier LMP3 - TBA / TBA

UNDER CONSIDERATION

Pegasus Racing - Callaway Corvette C6 GT3 - TBA / TBA

Villorba Corse - Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia - TBA / TBA

Old 13 May 2016, 12:45 (Ref:3641347)   #113
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
12 cars.

Scheduling the race on the same weekend as the BES round at Silverstone was foolish to begin with but will the scheduling powers (are the same folks in charge of the AsLMS calendar???) ever understand...
Old 13 May 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3641359)   #114
Bcarr6
Veteran

Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
12 cars.

Scheduling the race on the same weekend as the BES round at Silverstone was foolish to begin with but will the scheduling powers (are the same folks in charge of the AsLMS calendar???) ever understand...

They seem to be little keen to pretend the Blancpain series doesn't exist... Which is foolish.

Ignoring the biggest power in GT3 is nuts

I still think they should have just brought The GT OPEN and improved that by getting it on ELMS calendars. Now there's two euro series fighting for the same cars
Old 13 May 2016, 14:54 (Ref:3641370)   #115
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
They seem to be little keen to pretend the Blancpain series doesn't exist... Which is foolish.

Ignoring the biggest power in GT3 is nuts

I still think they should have just brought The GT OPEN and improved that by getting it on ELMS calendars. Now there's two euro series fighting for the same cars
Not easy to buy something if it isn't for sale.
Old 13 May 2016, 16:51 (Ref:3641409)   #116
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not easy to buy something if it isn't for sale.

Totally true, I just think a more collaborative effort could have made a strong single series. Hopefully they pick up through the season though!
Old 14 May 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3641590)   #117
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are so many options för GT3 teams today, that If you want to start a new series, I think some serious outside the box thinking is in order.
Old 14 May 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3641591)   #118
Bcarr6
Veteran

First race has just gone green, p1 and p2 off track in first lap, now a brilliant Aston vs McLaren battle happening on track

Old 16 May 2016, 20:07 (Ref:3642246)   #119
Deleted
Veteran

Road to Le Mans LMP3/GT3 Schedule (local French times)

Wednesday
20.30-21.30 Free Practice 1

Thursday
14.30-15.30 Free Practice 2
18.00-18.30 Qualifying

Saturday
11.10-12.10 Support Race

Total track time is 3,5 hours. Ferrari Challenge has 15 minutes less, only because their race is just the regular 45 minutes.
Old 19 May 2016, 14:41 (Ref:3642893)   #120
Deleted
Veteran

LE MANS ENTRY LIST
http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2016.pdf

22x LMP3
17x GT3

Still no Riley, but there is one ADESS and one Ginetta.
Old 19 May 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3642907)   #121
Bcarr6
Veteran

Good LMP3 field, I'm surprised by only gaining 5 GT3 entries. I wonder how many of those will stay for further races.

AF Corse have bought in a second 488 which I guess will probably be for just this race.

Interestingly Labre Competition are bringing a AMG GT3, surprising when they have such good relationships with GM. Although the driver entry makes it look entirely like a pure customer entry.

Barwell bring their British GT pair in the now usual Huracan.

DKR engineering bring the awesome sound of the Z4 to Le Mans.

And of course, TF Sport bring in their second Aston Martin which has already been confirmed to be a rest of season entry.

Old 19 May 2016, 15:38 (Ref:3642913)   #122
Deleted
Veteran

The P3 field is above expectations, yeah I mean of course you'd wish for more than "Ligier" fest but under the circumstances it's understable, and of course the spread of teams is nice. Still hoping for that Riley to appear in Murphy's garage but not holding my breath. Overall, I'm pleased by the turnout, now just hoping for Eurosport (or someone) to show it on TV live.

If they can only get five extra GT3s, you know worlds most populous category, for the support race of worlds biggest motor race, and without requirement to do other races (unlike with LMP3), it calls doom for later. I think even the one make Aston GT4s got numbers like that, in their LM support races, as the very lowest of classes...

Last edited by Deleted; 19 May 2016 at 15:44.
Old 19 May 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3642939)   #123
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Murphy entering a Ligier for Mr Ave? That's not a good sign.

Surprised at how poor the GT3 field is, especially when so many of them are not exactly big teams or new cars.

Still, won't be bad as a support race, should be good fun.
Old 19 May 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3642955)   #124
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'm very interested in seeing this series do well since I am a fan of both Michelin and seeing GT3 cars that have previously not been raced around La Sarthe racing around La Sarthe.

I must say that I am very disappointed with the marketing of this series to this point. The website is sorely lacking, and I find it hard to believe that by signing up to their email updates I had to come to this forum to see the entry list. You would think that would have been in my inbox this morning.
Old 19 May 2016, 21:36 (Ref:3643002)   #125
Bcarr6
Veteran

Michelin GT3 Le Mans Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I'm very interested in seeing this series do well since I am a fan of both Michelin and seeing GT3 cars that have previously not been raced around La Sarthe racing around La Sarthe.

I must say that I am very disappointed with the marketing of this series to this point. The website is sorely lacking, and I find it hard to believe that by signing up to their email updates I had to come to this forum to see the entry list. You would think that would have been in my inbox this morning.

It's not like this is a new company running this either, these are the big guns having a go at running a GT3 series.