Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Jun 2019, 06:46 (Ref:3908397)   #1
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMOC BRANDS HATCH 8th JUNE

s this weekend at Brands, we will be there in the intermarque race hope to see some of you there.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3908429)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope the weather improves for the competitors and me on South bank!
Old 7 Jun 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3908442)   #3
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed! Entry doesn't look bad for this meeting either:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/d1949...115294bc09.pdf
Old 9 Jun 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3908757)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Cann View Post
s this weekend at Brands, we will be there in the intermarque race hope to see some of you there.
Well the Aston sure looked a handful in the very changeable pm conditions, what a handful!
Old 9 Jun 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3908758)   #5
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Prettiest car of the meeting and more than a competitive machine amongst the Jaguars was the beautiful little no.7 Lotus Elite of Brian Arculus, an absolute delight to watch as usual.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3909075)   #6
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Prettiest car of the meeting and more than a competitive machine amongst the Jaguars was the beautiful little no.7 Lotus Elite of Brian Arculus, an absolute delight to watch as usual.

Thank you for your kind words Richard, I certainly enjoyed the race - it is always fun to show the big boys what car be done with only 1200 cc under the bonnet.

I had originally entered the Innes Ireland Cup race, but when the AMOC switched the races around so that became the final race of the day I opted to move to the Jack Fairman race as the car is eligible for either. If I'd stayed with the Innes Ireland race, I would have been on pole (we had a shared qualifying session) and as I had beaten John Andon (the eventual winner) only 2 weeks earlier at Snetterton, I think I would have been in good shape for the overall win.

I'm back at Brands at the end on the month on the GP circuit, a rare opportunity not to be missed for any driver.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3909369)   #7
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Thank you for your kind words Richard, I certainly enjoyed the race - it is always fun to show the big boys what car be done with only 1200 cc under the bonnet.

I had originally entered the Innes Ireland Cup race, but when the AMOC switched the races around so that became the final race of the day I opted to move to the Jack Fairman race as the car is eligible for either. If I'd stayed with the Innes Ireland race, I would have been on pole (we had a shared qualifying session) and as I had beaten John Andon (the eventual winner) only 2 weeks earlier at Snetterton, I think I would have been in good shape for the overall win.

I'm back at Brands at the end on the month on the GP circuit, a rare opportunity not to be missed for any driver.
Can only echo Richards comments Brian. I love seeing your Elite out, was sad not to see it with the Equipe grid the other week, so it was a pleasure to see it out with this grid instead!

Good racing all round i thought, even the Radicals weren't bad to watch, though the weather 'helped.'

Simon