Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Mar 2004, 21:10 (Ref:895286)   #26
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
may I refer you to an amusing site, I especially like the last article of this months issue!
http://www.sniffpetrol.com/
Old 5 Mar 2004, 21:15 (Ref:895295)   #27
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's more like it!
Old 6 Mar 2004, 03:11 (Ref:895512)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Son of Jor-El
may I refer you to an amusing site, I especially like the last article of this months issue!
aggrivating dullard
Old 6 Mar 2004, 10:23 (Ref:895676)   #29
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV pre-qualifying show: What a bore fest -I hope they change it qualifying is very very dull, 2hrs of it.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 10:28 (Ref:895680)   #30
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Dull is better than the nothing we get,were only allowed to see the race tomorrow.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 12:28 (Ref:895838)   #31
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I usually stay up too...but this time tried the 'two stop strategy' went to bed at 11 got up at 2.25 went to bed at 5 got up at 7.30....'knackered!
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:46 (Ref:895946)   #32
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Son of Jor-El
Nice one my Son of Jor-El, but wot wasn't quite so amusing was the PT Cruiser convertible. Wot the is that all about Eh?
Old 6 Mar 2004, 13:50 (Ref:895948)   #33
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
My plan: sit up all night, with a vast supply of Lucozade and Red Bull at hand!
In fear of a drug raid, i won't submit my plan...

About the PT Cruiser, i thought about buying one and converting it into just that, a convertible just a couple years ago when i still had the money.

Didn't think it would look that bad though...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 6 Mar 2004 at 13:52.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:09 (Ref:895958)   #34
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brundle is the only decent thing about ITV F1 coverage!
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:36 (Ref:895967)   #35
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Set your digital reciever to recieve BBC RADIO 5 LIVE they do live commentary and you wont miss anything during the ad breaks

Do what Ive done - link it to your surround sound and forget James Allen ever existed
It usually works out well because the 5 lives guys generally do commentary on the main tv stream pictures....
AND the Jonathan Legard/Maurice Hamilton pairing is FAR superiour to that on ITV.

Lets hope that BBC do win this next bid for the TV rights from 06 onwards.... (looking good)
Old 6 Mar 2004, 14:38 (Ref:895969)   #36
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
I usually stay up too...but this time tried the 'two stop strategy' went to bed at 11 got up at 2.25 went to bed at 5 got up at 7.30....'knackered!
I tried the stay up til 5am then sleep till 13:30 strategy but that didnt workout either, damn phone kept ringing
Old 6 Mar 2004, 15:12 (Ref:895990)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was amusing the pre-race garbage though. It makes me laugh, watching Martin Brundle, Mark Blundell et al, talking about the important details in hyper speed and minimal detail so that ITV can fit a feature of Jensons (admittedly lovely) girlfriend singing rather poor songs, in a poor manner in a poor studio complimented by a poor interview which ignores the racing driver rather too much. Poor ITV viewers. When I stay up through to 5 o' clock in the morning, I expect better. Think about it......only the hardcore fans stay up until that time, so why broadcast this trash? Where I sat watching this piffle, resides a large pool of vomit burning into my bedroom floor....

Still, the digital stuff was nice.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 15:37 (Ref:896012)   #38
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree Knowlesy, they really are missing a trick with their eary morning coverage. It's fair enough if they feel they want to get the roving viewer interested on a sunday afternoon, but how many people will happen to tune in to F1 at 2am?
Old 6 Mar 2004, 19:39 (Ref:896191)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The James Allen cataclysmic error crusade continues:

"Out on track now is Pantano........................and there's Pantano, on the pitwall, acting the goat......................no it can't be Pantano as he's out on track......"

Old 6 Mar 2004, 20:10 (Ref:896221)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by UkF1
Brundle is the only decent thing about ITV F1 coverage!
OT: There was a decent article about martin in the Daily Telegraph today.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 21:42 (Ref:896263)   #41
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
That Jenson Button piece of horror...or, rather, "let's plug Jenson's girl's new offerings".

It is just awful.

Martin I like, I have time for him. The rest, hrrmm. Was it just me, or was he more in control of the commentary than James? I hope it was as I perceived it, for that can only be a good thing in my view.

Last edited by Dutton; 6 Mar 2004 at 21:48.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:14 (Ref:896542)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Dutton
That Jenson Button piece of horror...or, rather, "let's plug Jenson's girl's new offerings".
Well they ended the race show with her shameful new 'song' that mentions going fast a lot.

They are all whores to a commercial agenda that totally disrupts the validity of what they are showing. Shame.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 11:21 (Ref:896871)   #43
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I definitely think Martin seemed more irritated by James than he ever has been before.

And yet again James' Ferrari bias left me annoyed. Jim Rosenthal's the same with his Schumacher worship.

I know it's difficult when they've just dominated a race but at least an attempt to be impartial would be better.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 12:04 (Ref:896918)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The way Jim behaved in the post race show was bloody annoying to watch. He tries to look interested in Tony Jardine but fails rather and he always is itching to cut him short. He was bugging me.

To top things off, that bloody Louise song was on at the end!!!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 12:21 (Ref:896940)   #45
eein
Racer

eein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the ITV coverage of the race today was worse than ever. It has really killed off a lot of enthusiasm I had for watching this years GPs.

I didnt feel that the camera shots were any better or more interesting, despite supposed digital feed.

The graphics at the bottom just kept showing how many stops each driver had made - I DONT CARE!!!!!!!! I wanted to see the 'time from 1st place' times at the bottom like we used to get. This was only shown a couple of times in the entire race. If I can see these times, I get a feel for what cars are where and who is likely to be close to wholm. Instead I had to rely on what the pictures showed us and the sad attempt at commentry. This lack of time info totally removed the viewing pleasure for me.

I also felt that the director was as bad as they always are - showing the wrong things at the wrong time and cutting away whenever anything was about to happen. This had been the case for years, bernie and itv have ackwnoledged the problem, yet it is still there.

I realise these things are more to do with the feed ITV are given, but ultimately it comes down to the fact that I am watching ITV - if they can't get a good feed from thier suppliers, then they should realise that and sort it out.

Oh and I agree with all the negative comments about the 'warm up show'. What a lot of rubbish. How many times can you show a cut of the Button interview made just after his qualifying lap! I wish I'd set my alarm for 2:55am and not 1:55am! ITV certainly don't know how to look after thier hard-core fans. I wonder if we could take them to european court on the basis that they have a monopoly in the uk?!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 13:53 (Ref:897046)   #46
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many times does this crop up?!
For all their faults we can't give ITV the award for worst race coverage. It the responsibility of the host country to televise the race, and that's what we got - Aussie TV, and there's not a lot ITV can do about it. The "martins pit walk" thing was as usual, good fun. I especially liked the Moss/Stewart interview at the beginning. But that's all really, the Rosenthal and Allen stuff was up it's usually poor standard.
But look at it this way - at least we're getting a race to watch every couple of weeks!

Last edited by Son of Jor-El; 7 Mar 2004 at 13:58.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 14:08 (Ref:897058)   #47
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I was unimpressed by the ITV coverage today too - I was listening on 5Live, so didn't hear a lot - but from speaking to people at the time who were attempting to cope with James Allen were wondering how I heard about what went wrong with Kimi, Webber, and Heidfeld long before they did.
Another thing that I (didn't) notice - during one ad break they missed Heidfeld's pit incident and Massa's retirement. That is a problem we've grown to accept - but don't we normally get a replay when they return anyway so we can see what we missed. Apologies in advance if I was looking in the wrong direction at the time, but if they weren't there: why not?
Old 7 Mar 2004, 14:10 (Ref:897060)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

They certainly weren't there were they? Only in the programme end sequence!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 15:32 (Ref:897136)   #49
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
The James Allen cataclysmic error crusade continues:

"Out on track now is Pantano........................and there's Pantano, on the pitwall, acting the goat......................no it can't be Pantano as he's out on track......"

or todays assertion that "alonso has catalan flair"..he's from oviedo in asturia. still he was only 300 miles or so out...

Last edited by kdr; 7 Mar 2004 at 15:34.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 20:50 (Ref:897384)   #50
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

They are all whores to a commercial agenda that totally disrupts the validity of what they are showing. Shame.
It's the Corporate Way.