Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Mar 2004, 14:09 (Ref:897059)   #26
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much you think this is down to the Bridgestone/Michelin factor? Bridgestone seemed to have pulled a new stronger tyre from nowhere and Sauber were used pretty much like a gimp.
You think we'll get another "michelin-gate" like at Monza but this time a Bridgestone-gate?
Old 7 Mar 2004, 14:36 (Ref:897082)   #27
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was how much faster than his own pole time?

I think based on that and the weather changes, we gotta give a lot of credit to bridgestone...but giving credit to bridgestone is the same as giving credit to ferrari as they are one and the same nowadays
Old 7 Mar 2004, 14:42 (Ref:897090)   #28
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Max and Bernie will have to change the rules again. Ha! Ha! Ha!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 15:18 (Ref:897125)   #29
alesi95
Veteran

I think it's a case of Michelin getting a tyre that works in all conditions hot or cold instead of just accepting that it wasn't a Michelin day. Come a wet race they'll probably act surprised that Bridgestone are so much faster than them.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 15:37 (Ref:897140)   #30
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys are giving an awful lot of credit to Bridgestone, which of course they deserve some, but the car itself, seems to be a real winner.

The GA2003 was probably the worst car Ferrari has made in awhile, and they knew it. Thats why they started this season with the new car, something they don't normally do. So really, Bridgestone may have had the right tire all along, but the GA was just a dog(by Ferrari standards)of a car.

Ferrari did their homework this year...

Danica Patrick
Old 7 Mar 2004, 15:41 (Ref:897142)   #31
alesi95
Veteran

the 2003GA wasn't designed with the 2003 rules in mind. Therefore it had a big fuel tank etc. Had last year been run at 2002 rules then I don't think it would have been so often.

the 2004 is the car the GA should have been.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 15:44 (Ref:897144)   #32
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP Racer; the new engine would not fit the GA2003 - so they had to start with the F2004. I agree with you the car is special, the others on Bridgestone were not that brilliant because of the tyres.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 15:58 (Ref:897160)   #33
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The one Bridgestone car, I thought would have done better, was the Sauber, due to its Ferrari roots, but they were just awful...

Danica Patrick
Old 7 Mar 2004, 16:31 (Ref:897185)   #34
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope it was just down to the tyres. Noticed quite a few of the Michelin runners during the race having a darker line round the tyre about 3/4 of the way across it don't know what that means ?
Old 7 Mar 2004, 17:17 (Ref:897224)   #35
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
Why is everyone going nuts over this Ferrari domination thing?
From 1991-1997 Williams pretty much dominated the field, things change.
Well yeah. I agree with you. But I guess old habits die hard, and some things are difficult to accept.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 21:18 (Ref:897429)   #36
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Yeah, I just hope they let them race all season though.

I'm sure they will.

Well if they let them race then that's no wins for Rubens then
Old 8 Mar 2004, 07:22 (Ref:897728)   #37
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Although the Ferrari is clearly a great car, thigns really played into their hands this weekend. Melbourne is a circuit they've always done well at in recent years, and it was cooler than usual - whcih favours the Bridgestones immensely. I don't think Malaysia will be similar - start suspecting Ferrari dominance if it is.
Boots, there's a point you don't include in your analisys, that could, unfortunately, make us think of new 2002.
It's all about Jenson and BAR.
They did a good race (the only not-underperforming team, compared to expectations) despite being Michelin shod.
Now the scenarios are 2:
1) Michelin were not underperforming, because they let Bar do a good race.
2) Michelin were underperforming, but BAR are this year a very fast car.
If the assumption 1 is true, a red domination is gonna kill the season; if numer two is real, we can hope that something different may happen.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 09:34 (Ref:897837)   #38
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think Michelin underperformed - they just perform differently. Bring on the hot races and the situation will be much tighter. The F2004 is indeed nothing other than the car that the F2003GA should have been. It is a fantastic testimony to the Ferrari team, and to Schumacher's tenacity, that they picked up the title last year in the face of extremely strong Michelin-team competition, despite the car having some major flaws. With those flaws gone and the usual even better, even stronger mechanical package of the F2004 they thoroughly deserve the win for being by far and away the best team.

Williams will be back on it in Malaysia and we can look forward to many tight races. If Michelin had shoved Ferrari off the podium entirely at this race (which is a good circuit for Ferrari) we would have nothing to look forward to for the rest of the season.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 09:46 (Ref:897843)   #39
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The other teams are going to have to find some big leaps in performance to catch up to the Ferrari,but there must be more development to come out of the Ferrari though,so they must be going to get faster too.
And while they are doing so ,MS is going to be getting the 10 pointers,which is going to make it hard to ever peg the red cars back if you want the WDC.Could be all over by mid-season.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 18:14 (Ref:898318)   #40
Rafael
Racer

Brazil
Brasilia, Brazil
Rafael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the recent past, Formula 1 was nice to see only in odd years.

Just compare the seasons: 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994 and 1992, and 2001, 1999, 1997, 1995, 1993, 1991, 1989...

Of course there were some exceptions, as 2000 and 98 had some nice moments over the season despite a one-team dominating start. But there is a logic with the years... let's hope things changes over the year and save this season.
Old 8 Mar 2004, 18:55 (Ref:898365)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I seem to remember Senna dominated the first four races of 1991....