Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jun 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3909791)   #26
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I am sure the racing should be better than it was at Thruxton. There are plenty of outbraking places here
I've even seen the medical car outbrake itself and spin off the track here
Old 13 Jun 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3909901)   #27
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
- take a Stanley knife to cut down all those f***ing gazeboes which spoil everybody's view
Absolutely right!
Halfway down the banking on the entry to the complex is very good, you can see across to the other side and back to Sunny in/Out as well.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3910012)   #28
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post

- take a Stanley knife to cut down all those f***ing gazeboes which spoil everybody's view

- every time I go to Croft after BTCC it looks like a war zone - take your effing litter home !!!!

That isn't litter, It's destroyed gazebo because some Stanley blade happy **** couldn't be bothered to get up early enough to claim themselves a prime spot.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3910204)   #29
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3marinadrive View Post
So we all know Croft is a RWD track. Clearly the new BMW is super-fast...so expect them to be there - likewise the Subaru...will be interesting how Oliphant and Proctor get on....no excuses here!

Maybe a Jelley win?

As for the FWD contingent ....

Dynamics....should be quick, likewise Norlin...

Ingram....looked hard work at Thruxton but he still got some points

Others...?

AmD Hondas could be mega....like really mega...last year Eurotech struggled though

Could also be up there; Chilton, Morgan, Hill, the Vauxhalls ...

Love Croft! Lets see!!!
Weather could throw in a curve ball, but if it’s wet Sutton will be right up front & the 3 series seems better in the rain than the 1 series was, might give the FWD guys more of a chance though. If it’s dry like you say Sutton & the BMW’s (including Oliphant & Jelley) with the Honda’s, Vauxhall’s, young Jake’s Audi punching above his weight, along with Morgan, Ingram & Chilton chasing them. With Proctor if he doesn’t shine at the next two circuits I can’t see him featuring the rest of the season.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3910215)   #30
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's wet Sutton will sail off into the distance in race 1 and 2 assuming he's near the front in quali. Probably do the same no matter where qualifies to be honest if it's wet on race day. Be interesting to see what Proctor does with a car that should be the class of the field in those conditions.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3910231)   #31
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
forecast is dry all day
but will still be a rear drive walkover
Old 15 Jun 2019, 08:47 (Ref:3910301)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's been confirmed, Harrison is back full time with BMR. Great news for the series
Old 15 Jun 2019, 09:03 (Ref:3910303)   #33
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSR have had their engine boost pegged back:

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/144112/btcc-pegs-back-bmws-with-boost-adjustment
Old 15 Jun 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3910304)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's been confirmed, Harrison is back full time with BMR. Great news for the series
Not quite full time.

'Harrison has rejoined BMR Racing for the majority of the rounds remaining on the 2019 calendar. [Harrison] has now been confirmed for Croft this weekend and the season's final three events at Knockhill, Silverstone and Brands Hatch.'

Interesting comments too about how he is not happy to see some people in the paddock, and they aren't happy to see him...
Old 15 Jun 2019, 14:42 (Ref:3910538)   #35
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
WSR have had their engine boost pegged back:

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...ost-adjustment
and BMR Subaru not ? this is preposterous !!
Old 15 Jun 2019, 14:50 (Ref:3910551)   #36
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another shambolic qualifying session.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3910554)   #37
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Another shambolic qualifying session.
Typical Croft
Old 15 Jun 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3910602)   #38
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Absolute chaos, even by touring car championship standards.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3910605)   #39
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well that was. Yeah.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3910608)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Really frustrating to watch. Who’s idea was it to put a foam barrier on the outside of a corner? Ending it early was probably wise, even if it let AJ get off. Great effort by both Chilton and Smiley and good to see Jackson up there. Shame Jelley’s times didn’t count
Old 15 Jun 2019, 16:21 (Ref:3910664)   #41
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
It would be interesting to see what case is behind the claim for the Subaru to have its boost reduced?

BMW 3-Series before Croft:
5 wins out of 9.
1st in drivers' standings.

Subaru before Croft:
0 wins out of 9.
4th in drivers' standings.

Compare to the Civic Type-R:
3 wins out of 9.
2nd and 3rd in drivers' standings.

If the Subaru should be cut - then it would be preposterous to not cut the Civic Type-R?!?!
Old 15 Jun 2019, 16:36 (Ref:3910679)   #42
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I don’t even know what the criteria is for engine power or how it’s worked out. What is the formula for calculating the power of a given car?
Old 15 Jun 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3910689)   #43
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I don’t even know what the criteria is for engine power or how it’s worked out. What is the formula for calculating the power of a given car?
I don't think there is a calculation or formula.

Instead, the regulation is applied when the Administrator thinks a boost change is necessary to 'equalise' the grid.

The throttle body size and/or restrictor and/or the maximum permitted rpm and/or maximum permitted turbo boost of individual cars may be subject to review and validation at any time during the Championship by the Administrator, who may implement a variation by way of a Bulletin issued by the Co-ordinator giving a minimum of 24 hours notice.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3910723)   #44
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I did wonder if the BMW had been given a more generous engine power offering in the light of the fact that in previous years, the draggy 1-series has been quite slow in a straight line.

Its frustrating not knowing where teams really stand with this as once again the details aren’t ever released to the public.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3910735)   #45
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The boost reduction also includes Jelley's 1-Series

It was touched on during qualifying but it was originally going to be handed out to the WSR cars towards the end of last season (despite the 1-Series being a brick in a straight line) but the organisers held off implementing it.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3910789)   #46
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan's on fire this year and 3 Beemers in the top 5 is rather an expected outcome. I'm a bit surprised by Sutton's result, thought he'd be closer to top. And great pace by Chilton, I didn't see that coming.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3911037)   #47
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/144117/smith-barred-from-session-for-test-rules-breach

Anyone else see this? Apparently Rob Smith wasn't allowed to take part in first practice for a a breach of testing rules. What an absolutely pointless rule. I would put it to Mr Gow on the official forum but he'll probably give his typical arrogant answer. Someone else's fault no doubt
Old 15 Jun 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3911043)   #48
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
I sometimes wonder if you stop looking at all the facts with some of these comments. So you want the slowest car in a straight line pegged back even more ???
Old 15 Jun 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3911050)   #49
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/144117/smith-barred-from-session-for-test-rules-breach

Anyone else see this? Apparently Rob Smith wasn't allowed to take part in first practice for a a breach of testing rules. What an absolutely pointless rule. I would put it to Mr Gow on the official forum but he'll probably give his typical arrogant answer. Someone else's fault no doubt
Why's it pointless ? Once the season starts its an unfair advantage as the conditions are closer to what it would be like on a race weekend. Its also a cost reduction rule to stop teams testing every other weekend to get an advantage.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3911118)   #50
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Why's it pointless ? Once the season starts its an unfair advantage as the conditions are closer to what it would be like on a race weekend. Its also a cost reduction rule to stop teams testing every other weekend to get an advantage.
But teams / drivers don't have the money to do unlimited testing.
Would it have really give Rob Smith an advantage.

What other race series would have this rule?