Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Aug 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3922876)   #226
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
almost indicating a slight annoyance that one car was in Pirtek colours.
it's very weird to see Turkington with perosnal in Pirtek T-shirts around him
Old 15 Aug 2019, 21:25 (Ref:3922902)   #227
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Would think Sutton would be... not sure he's too happy at BMR?
Jordan pays, Oliphant pays. The most expensive seats on the grid, hard to fill both? Tordoff and Chilton?
Old 16 Aug 2019, 06:55 (Ref:3922934)   #228
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They did come close to having Blundell in their team. Of course he is more familiar with RWD
Old 16 Aug 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3922947)   #229
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They did come close to having Blundell in their team. Of course he is more familiar with RWD
So did BMR apparently! HP were looking for a better financial deal, but have seen great benefits from BTCC so may have more ‘budget’ for next year!
Old 16 Aug 2019, 08:39 (Ref:3922949)   #230
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
HP have history with sponsorship of BMW in motorsport:

And the 330e iPerformance is already promoted in the right base colours:

Old 16 Aug 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3922979)   #231
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
really? well ive learned something I always thought it was a bit of a play on Tony Gilham being a cage fighter (as in hard/tough guy)
It is a play on that, but also spells out what his business is.
Old 16 Aug 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3922997)   #232
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It is a play on that, but also spells out what his business is.

And the state of the cars once they get into Big Tony's hands...?

Hardly
Any
Real
Development
Old 16 Aug 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3923007)   #233
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Hapless
Also
Ran
Donkeys
Old 16 Aug 2019, 19:29 (Ref:3923010)   #234
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Dynamics are entering an Audi in the TCR 500. Putting 2+2 and getting 5, with the demise of Honda UK coming, can we expect manufacturer backed Audis coming to the BTCC?
Old 16 Aug 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3923011)   #235
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I see Dynamics are entering an Audi in the TCR 500. Putting 2+2 and getting 5, with the demise of Honda UK coming, can we expect manufacturer backed Audis coming to the BTCC?
They've been working on their Audi(s) since late 2018. But of course, Shedden has gained quite a bit of experience with the RS3 Audi TCR............
Old 16 Aug 2019, 20:04 (Ref:3923015)   #236
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
It's the car they ran in the Dubai 24hr at the start of the year for James Kaye and a few others. I believe it's the same car that had been driving in Middle East TCR and other places last year.

Dynamics do run cars in other series. Don't read anything more into it than that.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 00:19 (Ref:3923035)   #237
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to what Jordan is writing on his instagram story, he won't be back in 2020. It seems he's almost given in when it comes to sponsorship search and he claims bluntly (I'm not surprised about it) that it's impossible to find Pirtek's replacement. Looking at all such signs, AJ is almost certain to leave BTCC. And he claims he will miss some things and he won't miss others.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3923070)   #238
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope he finds something for 2020, even if it is not in the BTCC
Old 17 Aug 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3923074)   #239
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if it's not BTCC (which now seems very likely), it'll be Rallycross - either Titans or World RX
Old 17 Aug 2019, 11:12 (Ref:3923075)   #240
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GT racing was hinted at in a few articles, a la Tom Onslow-Cole.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3923077)   #241
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
GT racing was hinted at in a few articles, a la Tom Onslow-Cole.
By AJ himself, or the journos?

He's already issued corrections over what he was reported to have said about title contention. (It's to have a chance in 2020, not to win 2019).
Old 17 Aug 2019, 14:50 (Ref:3923090)   #242
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
By AJ himself, or the journos?

He's already issued corrections over what he was reported to have said about title contention. (It's to have a chance in 2020, not to win 2019).
Jordan himself expressed interest in GT racing. I believe this is also a possible path or maybe combination of rallycross and some GT racing.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3923094)   #243
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he doesn't disappear into obscurity in GTs. He's too good to be carrying pathetic amateurs to results that they don't deserve. If he can't stay in BTCC then I'd rather he did rallycross or maybe TCR somewhere.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3923096)   #244
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would hardly call RX and TCR less obscure. If he's good enough then he won't have to carry amateurs. Plenty of pro cars around in Blancpain.

I'd rather he stay in BTCC, but there's plenty of good options out there.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3923102)   #245
Matt K
Veteran

Racing in WTCR seems rather unlikely for AJ while the rest of TCR championships would seem a step back from BTCC. Joining Blancpain Series in a strong team with pro drivers alongside would not be a bad idea although GT is more about particular, single races rather than a whole championship.

When it comes to rallycross, I'd rather see him in World RX than anything else.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3923123)   #246
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Jordan himself expressed interest in GT racing. I believe this is also a possible path or maybe combination of rallycross and some GT racing.
I'm lead to believe he's had talks with a GT outfit. Early days...
Old 18 Aug 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3923167)   #247
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I hope he doesn't disappear into obscurity in GTs. He's too good to be carrying pathetic amateurs to results that they don't deserve.
Without those "pathetic" amateurs many GT professionals would find themselves out of a drive in anything. Someone has to pay for the car and the running of it at the end of the day.

Many of the amateurs are racers from their younger days who ran out of budget as well but came back to it later in life when they made good in business.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3923173)   #248
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could anyone imagien him at AMD ? as Rory Butcher is in the tittl ehunt sort of
Old 18 Aug 2019, 09:18 (Ref:3923176)   #249
S griffin
Veteran

I can see him doing well in GTs, he has the adaptable racing brain in him to make the switch
Old 18 Aug 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3923179)   #250
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I can see him doing well in GTs, he has the adaptable racing brain in him to make the switch
He often does Britcar with his dad which is very similar anyway.