Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Aug 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3923238)   #76
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, that ended well...!

Good advertising for Kwik Fit though!
Old 18 Aug 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3923239)   #77
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coates is literally shaking with anger in this interview with Louise.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3923240)   #78
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jack Young doesn't come across in interviews very well.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 14:54 (Ref:3923241)   #79
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Jack Young doesn't come across in interviews very well.
"I've been driving fair all season" 🤔
Old 18 Aug 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3923242)   #80
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
"I've been driving fair all season" 🤔
"I drove clean" and "the stewards tend to side with him" are contradictory statements.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3923243)   #81
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
I didn't see it as blaming the rules. To me the problem is that, for the same offense, the consequences are massively different if you do it in race 1 or race 3. No idea how to sort that out with the way BTCC races work but it's always been an issue for me.

He did position the car in the same place but moving around in the seat to look around the people on the grid meant that the piece of tape was out of position. Much easier for those on the right hand side of the grid to line up as they're right next to the wall on the left it's crucial to get the angle right.

Seems daft to me that something so important is sorted with bits of tape when they all have radios. I know pit crew aren't allowed on the wall for the start but surely allowing one person per team there until the grid is formed would make more sense.
I thought he said that at the end of the formation lap he has his car pointing slightly one way, and then at the end of the green flag lap it was pointing slightly the other way, so the parallax of lining the marks up put the car in a different position? It doesn't bother me enough to re-wind my recording to watch the interview again the thing is, he knows that TOCA are classing this as important and are clamping down on it so it was a rookie error in not making sure he was parked behind the line instead of in front of it, whatever the reason.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 15:03 (Ref:3923244)   #82
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I thought he said that at the end of the formation lap he has his car pointing slightly one way, and then at the end of the green flag lap it was pointing slightly the other way, so the parallax of lining the marks up put the car in a different position? It doesn't bother me enough to re-wind my recording to watch the interview again the thing is, he knows that TOCA are classing this as important and are clamping down on it so it was a rookie error in not making sure he was parked behind the line instead of in front of it, whatever the reason.
Yes, that's basically what he said. Car was at an angle when the tape was placed. So when he drove up at a different angle, the car was further forward to line up the tape. Which makes sense - you can see how and why that happened.

Car wasn't in the same place. The team need a new system to position the car.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3923245)   #83
Evantra
Veteran

England
Engine change for Tordoff
Old 18 Aug 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3923250)   #84
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm not a Sutton fan, but there wasn't actually a video of him doing anything wrong. I don't recall any videos of cars spinning off the nose of the Subaru.

The Vauxhall on the other hand...
I liken it to football. Two players can be fouled but usually it's the one that goes down who gets the verdict in their favour.

A car can be hit really hard at one point in the corner and the driver can control it. It can be hit less hard a couple of metres later and the car can't be held.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3923253)   #85
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Do they need to knock a lap off of the distance? They're fueled for extra laps in case of a SC. Can they not use one of those laps?
Old 18 Aug 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3923255)   #86
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do they need to knock a lap off of the distance? They're fueled for extra laps in case of a SC. Can they not use one of those laps?
I think there’s a pretty solid curfew at Thruxton so they e knocked a lap off because the scheduling is very tight.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3923256)   #87
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a pretty excellent day of races from start to finish.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3923258)   #88
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
That was a good race to finish off with. Amazed they all survived.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3923259)   #89
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a Turkington fan but come on how bad has he been this Weekend? NO overtakes?? ridiculous...
Old 18 Aug 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3923260)   #90
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cammish vs Collard - 3 attempts at the same move into the same corner, not a single bit of contact, that’s how every overtake should be, not a bump from behind and an easy drive through a gap which wasn’t there before. That was great racing.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:02 (Ref:3923262)   #91
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drivers are probably all relieved the race distance was reduced a lap, because that was getting towards undriveable on slicks by the end.

Cammish and Cook powering into title contention today, should be a good climax to the season.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:02 (Ref:3923263)   #92
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Cammish vs Collard - 3 attempts at the same move into the same corner, not a single bit of contact, that’s how every overtake should be, not a bump from behind and an easy drive through a gap which wasn’t there before. That was great racing.
And not won because one was on a quicker tyre. Really, really good and clean racing all day today. 👍🏼
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3923264)   #93
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm happy for Cammish, he did that in style and really deserved it. Cook also had a fantastic weekend and these two are now in contention. Btw what happened to BMW, especially Turkington? Turks was completely off pace today and BMWs in general were slow. Somehow I can't believe they were just this slower.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3923265)   #94
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
"I drove clean" and "the stewards tend to side with him" are contradictory statements.
Unsurprisingly, Young has been excluded from the results.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:11 (Ref:3923266)   #95
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
:-| This is my shocked face.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3923267)   #96
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Good. Did the same thing at Snetterton. He's obviously very quick over a single lap but perhaps the racecraft isn't there yet.

Unfortunately, this does mean the last FOUR Clio races have had the winner changed over a post race penalty.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3923269)   #97
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
So did BMW just have a bad day or had there been other TOCA shenanigans behind the scenes?
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3923270)   #98
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As always the last race was the best. Great racing i very changeable conditions.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3923272)   #99
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I do wonder if JPs judging of distance is just a little bit out sometimes: in relation to the misplacing on the grid and possibly in judging cars placements during races. I say this as I am suffering like this. I keep colliding (as a pedestrian!) with door frames and the like. Some days Im fine, other days I'm demolishing offices!

He did pull a massively well judged overtake in R3 though and looked very much on the ball the whole of R3. And the team stuck a lot of yellow tape on the pit wall for R2, Mr Magoo could have lined up perfectly with that. Maybe that's the answer...

One question: given there was a good while between pulling up on the grid and race start, why didn't the team get a radio message to JP to back up? Surely one of them must have been aware he was out of place?

Really pleased to see Dan Cabbage is getting to grips with the car now, ditto Rob Collard. I do hope both will be back in the same seats next season.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3923274)   #100
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
we still have a fair bit of this season to go