Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Aug 2012, 04:41 (Ref:3118546)   #251
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
When can we expect to see the 2013 V8 Supercar calendar......November/December ?
I'm assuming you asked in this thread by accident

Gold Coast 600
Old 11 Aug 2012, 05:10 (Ref:3118549)   #252
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I'm assuming you asked in this thread by accident

Gold Coast 600
Well you assumed wrong as a lot is riding on the Clipsal date.
Old 11 Aug 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3118550)   #253
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Well you assumed wrong as a lot is riding on the Clipsal date.
your welcome
Old 11 Aug 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3118823)   #254
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When can we expect to see the 2013 V8 Supercar calendar......November/December ?
Note in general, can we make it a rule to just not reply to a certain someone? Would save alot of wasted threads.

The calender was already due for release but theres ongoing negotiations regarding a possible overseas addition to the calender. I believe he mentioned it being released between bathurst and indy?

TC is trying to stand firm on the clipsal date as it was this year.

Lets hope it doesnt change as it could mess up the couple of weeks gained through the the b12hr date change.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3118828)   #255
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
Note in general, can we make it a rule to just not reply to a certain someone? Would save alot of wasted threads.

The calender was already due for release but theres ongoing negotiations regarding a possible overseas addition to the calender. I believe he mentioned it being released between bathurst and indy?

TC is trying to stand firm on the clipsal date as it was this year.

Lets hope it doesnt change as it could mess up the couple of weeks gained through the the b12hr date change.
I hope that the date pretty much stays the same too nafe as i have had a little contact with a few of the local GT boys recently and it seems like at least some of them are keen as long as it all fits in.
Benny and the Aston are definitely keen which would be a great addition
Old 12 Aug 2012, 01:04 (Ref:3118840)   #256
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I hope that the date pretty much stays the same too nafe as i have had a little contact with a few of the local GT boys recently and it seems like at least some of them are keen as long as it all fits in.
Benny and the Aston are definitely keen which would be a great addition
Ahhh... but can the Aston survive a 12 hour event... they arent that fabulous in Europe in the works prodrive squads, and even the good private teams dont seem to rate them...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Aug 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3118842)   #257
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Ahhh... but can the Aston survive a 12 hour event... they arent that fabulous in Europe in the works prodrive squads, and even the good private teams dont seem to rate them...
The Aston even looks good on a tilt
tray.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 01:43 (Ref:3118845)   #258
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haha - good value.

The Aston would be an awesome addition to the event.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3118919)   #259
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The Aston even looks good on a tilt
tray.
Oh yeah! Testify!

Would love to see the Aston there (and be there to hear it again)
Old 12 Aug 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3118946)   #260
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Yeh, and who is paying the bills ????

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 29 Aug 2012, 03:42 (Ref:3126681)   #261
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phoenix has reportedly confirmed a single entry for the 2013 event. This seems a pretty decent indicator Lowndes/Luff will likely join Salmon's operation.

The site's been serving some dodgy JS applet auth. requests, so here's the full article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B12H
DEFENDING Bathurst 12 Hour champion team, Phoenix Racing, has entered the 2013 race in a bid to secure back-to-back wins for the German outfit and three in a row for Audi.

Phoenix Racing prepared the race-winning Audi R8 LMS that won the 2012 race with drivers Darryl O’Young, Christopher Meis and Christer Jons and has entered the latest 2012-specification Audi R8 LMS Ultra for 2013.

The team also ran the ‘Aussie Audi’ driven by Bathurst champion Craig Lowndes, with Mark Eddy and Warren Luff.

Phoenix is yet to confirm drivers or sponsors for next year however has officially entered one car and is ready to challenge for another Bathurst crown.

“Phoenix Racing is really looking forward to a start at the 2013 Bathurst 12 Hour race,” said Team Manager Bernhard Demmer.

“The 2012 race was a great experience for us. The Mount Panorama circuit is one of the most challenging and exciting tracks in the world. A strong field of competitors and the difficult weather conditions made the win very valuable for the whole team. A fast car, a very good pit-stop crew and a precise strategy are very important at Bathurst.”

Phoenix has had a remarkable season that has seen the team – based near the Nurburgring – dominate the fiercely competitive world of GT3 racing in style.

Following their success down under, the team went on to win the Nurburgring 24 hour race in June and then backed that up with a crushing victory in the recent Spa 24 hour against a record field of more than 70 GT3 vehicles.

The team clearly holds the growing Bathurst 12 Hour race in similar esteem and has begun planning their title defence.

“The 2012 season went on really well for Phoenix Racing, securing wins at 3 of the major GT3-endurance events,” Mr. Demmer said.

“We were able to score the ‘triple’ (Bathurst, Nurburgring and Spa) for Phoenix Racing in 2012 – making it the most successful year in our history.

“As last year’s outright winner it is our main intention to defend this (Bathurst) title and face up to the challenge of the Mount Panorama Circuit again.

“We expect a strong field of competitors of high-level GT3 teams and drivers for next years’ edition of the race and are keen to fight against them for the win.

“At this early stage of the season the driver line-up and the car designs are not confirmed yet, but it is our goal to appear as strong as 2012. One thing is already certain: Phoenix Racing will trust again in the performance and reliability of the new Audi R8 LMS Ultra.

“We will work hard to announce more details on our return to the legendary Bathurst soon!”

The 2013 Bathurst 12 Hour will be held on February 8-10, with entries closing on December 12 this year.
Pretty decent news, regardless.
Kicking myself that I mightn't be able to make it.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 29 Aug 2012 at 04:01.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 07:48 (Ref:3126730)   #262
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Phoenix Return

Great News !

Seems the race is starting to gain some momentum, and I for one am very happy to see it.

Bring on February.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 09:24 (Ref:3126780)   #263
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Yessss I love the Enduro races!!
Bring on the Bathurst 24 hr
Old 29 Aug 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3126796)   #264
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great to hear Phoenix will return. Hopefully Black Falcon will do too and we see some other Euro outfits will come too like Reiter or AF Corse.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 11:53 (Ref:3126852)   #265
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
would have thought this is good and bad news, good that a car is coming, bad that it is only one car
Old 29 Aug 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3126871)   #266
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There will be other Audi's to keep you excited Peckstar
Old 29 Aug 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3126874)   #267
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
There will be other Audi's to keep you excited Peckstar
at the same level. this is the race winning team
Old 29 Aug 2012, 13:24 (Ref:3126904)   #268
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
at the same level. this is the race winning team
In a broad sense, the nature of the effort isn't overly dissimilar to this year (or, the year prior). Seems pretty likely there'll be both an all PRO entry, and one PRO/AM in nature.
There's a pretty decent possibility the latter role has been (or, will be) assumed by Salmon's outfit - if recent happenings can be assumed a reasonable indication.

The net outcome:
- 2x Joest/RE.

- 2x Phoenix.
- 1x UAS.

2013 (provisional)
- 1x Phoenix.
- 1x Salmon. (assume Lowndes/Luff are assigned to this entry).
- 1x Conroy.
- Potentially others.

Two entries were/are always going to be better than one. Although, this doesn't seem to be an option under consideration for 2013.
In terms of improving on past results; seems any additional hindrance (as a result of canning the factory-entered PRO/AM entry) would be pretty minimal, regardless. I'd rather they field a single entry effort than nothing.

For what it is, it isn't so bad.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 29 Aug 2012 at 13:47.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 03:31 (Ref:3127187)   #269
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Yessss I love the Enduro races!!
Bring on the Bathurst 24 hr
Same here! Still, I hope Audi can win next year... (and conquer all endurance races across the planet, including Daytona)
Old 30 Aug 2012, 04:56 (Ref:3127192)   #270
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Great news regarding Phoenix.
Some forum members are so excited that they have turned it into a 24hr race ?
Old 30 Aug 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3127225)   #271
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Same here! Still, I hope Audi can win next year... (and conquer all endurance races across the planet, including Daytona)
nah I was just being sarcastic, Endurance races and GT3 are boring as bat sheet
Old 30 Aug 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3127286)   #272
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hendra might be frightening, but never boring.
Same could be said of GT3 Enduros.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3127320)   #273
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
Quote:
Seems a pretty logical conclusion, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjWo8VdMb8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyDT5Yzwds8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9LIM9JSQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9EPWbPAOXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDWzGEyzgd4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5-0-auqptg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKd1Yd_H-24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkKM01rCK1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ztNjBZdl0

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 30 Aug 2012 at 11:15.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 00:43 (Ref:3131723)   #274
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
40 COMPETITORS have taken advantage of the Bathurst 12 Hour’s ‘early bird’ entry scheme to confirm their place in the 2013 Event.

Whilst official entries don’t close until December this year, the option to confirm early offered a more affordable entry package for teams committing to the race before September 1st.

New names on the list released today include Asian GT team Craft Eurasia Racing, who have confirmed their participation with a Ford GT – the first to enter the Bathurst 12 Hour since its move to adopt international GT3 regulations.

Clearwater Racing finished third in 2012 and will return with their Ferrari 458 Italia whilst a trio of Aussie-based Audi R8s are also set to continue the German brand’s strong representation at the race.

Rod Salmon and Peter Conroy (Audi R8 LMSs) are entered in Class A with former Australian GT Champion Mark Eddy entering his 2009-specification R8 in Class B against a pack of Porsche’s.

Anglo-American team United Autosport have changed their plans, now bringing an Audi R8 LMS Ultra to the race in place of their previously nominated McLaren’s – which will remain in Europe to prepare for their local racing season.

“To be ready for the start of the 2013 season, the cars (McLarens) will be needed for a full program of testing and development, something that cannot be achieved whilst the cars are in transit on the high seas,” a United Autosports spokesman said.

“United Autosports are very pleased to announce that they will be bringing their brand new Audi R8 Ultra car to race in Bathurst. This is a considerable upgrade to the Audi R8 LMS car that the team raced in the 2012 race, with body work, chassis and aerodynamic enhancements that gives the car greater speed and stability for the challenging Bathurst circuit.”

With the earlier confirmation of defending champions Phoenix Racing’s return, this brings to five the total number of Audi’s hugely successful R8 model to have been entered.

Fresh from an incredibly strong debut on the domestic GT scene, Roger Lago has also entered his Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 in the outright class for top-flight GT3 vehicles. A US-based Porsche team, CJ Motorsport, will enter a current-specification GT3 Cup Car in the hope of giving the Stuttgart brand their first outright Bathurst 12 Hour win in the current era.

The provisional entry list released today includes 12 international teams.

The class ranks have also been bolstered with several new names to the Bathurst 12 Hour appearing on the list.

Local competitor Darren Berry has entered a British-built Ginetta GT50 in Class C (GT4 vehicles) whilst Sherrin Motorsport has entered two of their front-running cars from the Australian Manufacturers Championship; their BMW and MINI Cooper S set to take the starter.

Across the invitational classes, the likes of a Kiwi-entered Ford Mustang FR500GT and a unique Nissan Skyline V35 are amongst a diverse array of cars nominated.

The 2013 Bathurst 12 Hour will be held on February 8-10, with entries closing on December 12 this year.

PROVISIONAL BATHURST 12 HOUR ENTRY LIST – AS AT SEPTEMBER 1st, 2012.

Class Entrant Vehicle

A Amac Motorsport Mosler MT900GT3
A Trofeo Motorsport Chevrolet Corvette Z06R GT3
A United Autosports (UK) Audi R8LMS Ultra
A Clearwater Racing (SGP) Ferrari 458 Italia
A Phoenix Racing (GER) Audi R8 LMS Ultra
A Lago Racing Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
A Craft Eurasia Racing (HKG) Ford GT
A Peter Conroy Motorsports Audi R8LMS
A CJ Racing (USA) Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (MY10-12)
A Rod Salmon Audi R8LMS
B Big Pineapple Music Festival Porsche 997 GT3 Cup
B Rentcorp Porsche 997 GT3 Cup
B Level Racing (BEL) Porsche 997 GT3 Cup
B Grove Motorsport Porsche 997 GT3 Cup
B Mark Eddy Audi R8
B Racing Indicent Lamborghini Gallardo LP 520
B Motorsport Services (NZL) Porsche 997 GT3 Cup
B Motorsport Services (NZL) Porsche 996 GT3 Cup
C Simply Sports Cars Lotus Exige S
C Tony Alford Nissan GTR
C Darren Berry Ginetta GT50 GT4
D Bryce Lynton BMW BMW 1M
D Grant Sherrin BMW 135i
D Maximum Motorsport Subaru Impreza WRX STi
D GWS Motorsport BMW 335i
D Motorsport Services (NZL) BMW 135i
E GWS Motorsport BMW 130i
E Racer Industries HSV Astra VXR
I1 Rick Shaw Racing Mazda RX-7
I1 Michael Sherrin Mini Cooper S
I1 Massel Racing Mazda RX-7
I2 Motorsport Services SEAT Leon Super Copa
I2 Motorsport Services SEAT Leon Super Copa
I2 Racer Industries Opel Astra VXR
I2 Sam Chester Mazda RX-7 Turbo
I3 Mal Rose Racing Holden VY Commodore
I3 Rick Cooper Ford Mustang FR500CGT
I3 Daytona Sportscars Daytona Coupe
I3 Ivan Robinson Nissan Skyline V35 350GT
I3 Michael Benton Ford FPV G

Not bad at all, Hoping Muelhner motorsport enter aswell.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 00:53 (Ref:3131729)   #275
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Good field at this stage, opening up the invitational class has been a good move