Renault 0 0%
Manor 2 9.09%
Sauber 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Sep 2016, 13:06 (Ref:3669970)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Italian Grand Prix 2016

Who is it for you?
Old 4 Sep 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3669985)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mercs I guess. No-one else was really in it.
Old 4 Sep 2016, 14:49 (Ref:3669995)   #3
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mercedes, obviously.
Old 4 Sep 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3670002)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mercedes, I suppose.
Old 4 Sep 2016, 15:22 (Ref:3670007)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nobody stood out. Finish is a basic representation of the teams basic performance. It's easier to note who had a bad result than who maybe overachieved. So to pick someone... Mercedes for 1-2 finish.

Richard
Old 4 Sep 2016, 15:41 (Ref:3670013)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Mercedes only team in it again
Old 4 Sep 2016, 19:24 (Ref:3670078)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mercedes. Most other teams, even if they did well, made some mistakes or had one car have a bad race.
Old 4 Sep 2016, 21:30 (Ref:3670133)   #8
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I was the 10th vote, and we all went Merc:
No, they were not exceptional,
Yes, the race was that bad
Old 5 Sep 2016, 08:17 (Ref:3670232)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Mercedes. Made everyone else look stupid. Depressingly quick.
Old 5 Sep 2016, 12:20 (Ref:3670268)   #10
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Has to be Benz - simply streets ahead. Win was one thing but to have the other car 6th and get up to an easy 2nd shows the gap in capability between the teams.
Old 6 Sep 2016, 04:11 (Ref:3670418)   #11
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes, march of the silver arrows.
Old 6 Sep 2016, 19:01 (Ref:3670587)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Mercedes the silver juggernaut ...
Old 6 Sep 2016, 22:07 (Ref:3670626)   #13
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Manor had better budget, with the personnel and drivers they have, they would be a greater team as they are... Then got my vote as Team of the Race.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3670762)   #14
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post
Well I was the 10th vote, and we all went Merc:
No, they were not exceptional,
Yes, the race was that bad
Yes, they were exceptional. You don't lead by that margin without being exceptional.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3670977)   #15
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I give it to McLaren. I think what McLaren are doing in development and making there way up the grid under these very restricted conditions is absolutely amazing. Alonso set the fastest race lap, something that hopefully will be easy for them in the championship winning near future. F1 should consider themselves lucky to have a giant like Honda in the championship. Well done for taking on this near impossible challenge in this new era of F1.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 02:47 (Ref:3671152)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pole2pole View Post
I give it to McLaren. I think what McLaren are doing in development and making there way up the grid under these very restricted conditions is absolutely amazing. Alonso set the fastest race lap, something that hopefully will be easy for them in the championship winning near future. F1 should consider themselves lucky to have a giant like Honda in the championship. Well done for taking on this near impossible challenge in this new era of F1.
This is more an indictment of the current state of F1 than an achievement by Fred.

1:25.340 Fernando Alonso Fastest Race Lap
1:24.346 Kevin Magnussen Slowest Qualifier
1:21.135 Hamilton Pole
1:26.815 107% of pole

Not so impressive when the fastest race lap is 4 seconds off pole and 1 second slower than the slowest qualifying time?
Old 9 Sep 2016, 11:40 (Ref:3671231)   #17
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
This is more an indictment of the current state of F1 than an achievement by Fred.

1:25.340 Fernando Alonso Fastest Race Lap
1:24.346 Kevin Magnussen Slowest Qualifier
1:21.135 Hamilton Pole
1:26.815 107% of pole

Not so impressive when the fastest race lap is 4 seconds off pole and 1 second slower than the slowest qualifying time?
Very good point. Those times reveal so much in a racing series which is meant to be the pinnacle of motor sport.