Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Sep 2016, 03:15 (Ref:3674875)   #1
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2016 Macau GT Cup - FIA GT World Cup

Second Edition of GT World Cup continue to take place in Macau which has better line up than inaugural edition : Maximum entry of manufacturers deducted from 3 to 2 and manufacturer just based on final result of Main Race which take place on Sunday. Official tyre and fuel supplier to be confirmed (possible revealed during next WMSC on Wednesday ) and Provisional Entry List will published on 6th October 2016 during press conference of 63rd Macau GP .Audi ,Benz ,BMW ,Lamborghini and Porsche are expected to entered as manufacturers.

Audi

Audi Sport Team WRT-Edoardo Mortara
Audi Sport Team WRT-Laurens Vanthoor

Phoneix Racing (Asia) - Marchy Lee
Phoneix Racing (Asia) - Shaun Thong (?)

Absolute Racing - Franky Cheng

Benz

Mercedes AMG Driving Academy - Maro Engel
Mercedes AMG Driving Academy - Renger Van de Zende

BMW

ROWE Racing - Slef Dusseldorp??
ROWE Racing - Tom Blomqvist ??

Lamborghini

Grasser Racing Team - ??
Grasser Racing Team - ??

FFF Racing by ACM - Edoardo Liberati ?
FFF Racing by ACM - Andrea Amici ?

Porsche

Manthey Racing - Kevin Estre ?
Manthey Racing - Earl Bamber ?

Craft Bamboo Racing - Richard Lyons
Craft Bamboo Racing - Darryl O'Young

Others non manufacturers registered Entries:

Adderly Fong - Bentley Absoulte Racing (Bentley Continental GT3)
Keita Sawa - Bentley Absoulte Racing (Bentley Continental GT3)
Vutthikorn Inthraphuvasak - Bentley Absoulte Racing (Bentley Continental GT3)

Pasin Lathouras - AF Corse (Ferrari 488 GT3)

John Shen - Modena Motorsport (Porscher 911 GT3R)

Sun Zheng - Spirit Z Racing (Nissan GT-R GT3)
Old 25 Sep 2016, 10:58 (Ref:3674892)   #2
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are dates in November please?
Old 18 Nov 2016, 14:05 (Ref:3689067)   #3
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Ok then, this snuck under the radar somewhat, clearly the 'World Cup' tag isn't working as planned.

Another great grid, great circuit...

Anyone else intending to watch a yellow flag fest qualifying race later?
Old 19 Nov 2016, 02:18 (Ref:3689176)   #4
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
live streaming

https://livestream.com/macau-gp/events/6620992
Old 19 Nov 2016, 04:48 (Ref:3689184)   #5
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was painful viewing.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 04:49 (Ref:3689185)   #6
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
It usually is, but always worth watching for the few clean laps, it's just such a bonkers concept for an event.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 08:34 (Ref:3689205)   #7
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
It usually is, but always worth watching for the few clean laps, it's just such a bonkers concept for an event.
I was speaking more in terms of the TV direction and commentary more than the on track action. Will be interesting if one of the Porsches can get around Vanthoor tomorrow because the Porsche seems faster than the Audi on the straights but slower in the handling sections of the track.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3689611)   #8
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2016 Macau GT Cup - FIA GT World Cup

Every year I'm excited by the timing, and the idea of this race.

Every year I watch the qualy race back and think, or yeh, they just convoy round for 12 laps, and like 4 of them are actually full speed

Just wish there was a couple of overtaking opportunities on the track

Edit: I'm also sitting here scrolling through an Instagram feed full of fantastic pictures of GT3 cars ripping through the streets of Macau. Shame the video doesn't have the same effect for some reason
Old 19 Nov 2016, 23:34 (Ref:3689617)   #9
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I'm similar, but I could happily watch the onboards from full speed laps all day, it's a crazy course. Last year, Mortara v van der Zange was a lot of fun IIRC.

I can see the race today being interesting, but if Vanthoor stays in front in lap 1 I would think restarts will be the only way for the Porsches to pass; the Audi just pulls out too much over the mountain.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 06:21 (Ref:3689640)   #10
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Absolutely horrific accident for Vanthoor, never seen a GT3 car take off like that, glad hes ok.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 06:33 (Ref:3689643)   #11
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, Vanthoor won? Or Estre? I presume it will be Vanthoor, despite the big crash, due to countback.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 06:39 (Ref:3689645)   #12
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I think Estre has won it because the car that caused the red flag is usually excluded and Bamber has a 5 second penalty, but then again there is usually a 1 lap count back so who knows

Edit: Confirmed that Vanthoor has won, Estre second and Engel 3rd.

Farce of a concept imo.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 06:46 (Ref:3689647)   #13
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, there's no way a car that crashed out and caused a race ending red flag should be the winner of the race.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 06:53 (Ref:3689648)   #14
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, how many racing laps were done across the GT and both TCR races today?

Agree that the result looks really bad, you can see the cringe on the faces of everyone on that podium.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 06:56 (Ref:3689649)   #15
Beryl
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by divxx View Post
Wow, how many racing laps were done across the GT and both TCR races today?
Full green laps? Three, I think. The last two of the second TCR race and the first lap of the GT race.

Not a great day of racing. Unsatisfying, to put it mildly.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 07:29 (Ref:3689651)   #16
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Typical Macau, the track is wonderful but the racing usually is very poor. Any incident is a fcy or a red flag.

And after saying this I would like to see the NASCAR trucks there XD
Old 20 Nov 2016, 10:01 (Ref:3689671)   #17
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every year in November one Sunday I get out of bed early and trudge off to Sheung Wan to catch the ferry to Macau. Then I will take my seat in the Lisboa stand and sit through a bunch of amateurs who are barely better than HK taxi drivers constantly causing yellow or red flags, or in today's case, continuing flat out for another lap after the chequered flag.

Amateurs clearly can't handle this track, and Laurens' accident was unfortunate. I won't be back soon.

People who complain about the organisation of V8SC events should take a trip to Macau and they would be indefinitely grateful for what they have.

I mean today we had water pouring off the top of the Lisboa grandstand which delayed running. Ridiculous.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 12:53 (Ref:3689706)   #18
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Glad to see Vanthoor is ok, that's the main thing, but what the ****? I understand they've followed the letter of their rules, but come on...?

Especially as it was a great move by the Porsche to overtake in the first place.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 15:14 (Ref:3689743)   #19
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
While I agree in principle (it is a bit miffing that the driver who caused the race-ending incident was declared the winner), what else could be done? It's not as if the finishing order could have been taken just after Bamber's pass but just before Vanthoor's accident.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 15:50 (Ref:3689748)   #20
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
While I agree in principle (it is a bit miffing that the driver who caused the race-ending incident was declared the winner), what else could be done? It's not as if the finishing order could have been taken just after Bamber's pass but just before Vanthoor's accident.
Realistically, why not? There are timing loops around most circuits now, and NASCAR Can change results based on video/images if a timing loop isn't the latest result. The race was stopped after Bamber made the pass, so why shouldn't he be declared the winner?

Devils advocate - anyone who gets overtaken for the lead can just crash on the same lap and be declared the winner. We say it won't happen, but we said nobody would cause safety cars on purpose, and we've seen that in F1 and NASCAR.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3689779)   #21
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Solution? Scrap 1 lap of the car causing the red flag.

Isn't that similar to what Indycar (and others?) does in practice/qualifying? Red flag -> fastest time deleted.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 18:51 (Ref:3689784)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
What a joke race, and that has to be the most ridiculous result, the car that was in first place actually classified as (last or close to it as all cars pretty much crossed start line in a row, the car that crashed due to driver error classified as winner and the fans see next to no racing. i feel really sorry for the teams and fans that spent large sums of money for that debacle,
Old 20 Nov 2016, 21:18 (Ref:3689825)   #23
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I didn't catch either race. Does anyone know where I can find a replay? Intrigued to know what happened to Aussie Ricky Capo in his Z4 GT3
Old 20 Nov 2016, 21:31 (Ref:3689826)   #24
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I didn't catch either race. Does anyone know where I can find a replay? Intrigued to know what happened to Aussie Ricky Capo in his Z4 GT3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=861l8VeTe2c

Capo crashed, causing one of the Safety Cars. There was only 2 green flag laps, so the full race isn't worth watching.
Old 20 Nov 2016, 22:32 (Ref:3689837)   #25
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
He just understeered into the fence and caused a 30+ minute delay. The punters were very unimpressed.