Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2005, 23:04 (Ref:1326848)   #1
ViktoryL
Rookie

Sweden
Karlstad, Sweden
ViktoryL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to Le Mans, need info please.

Hi guys!
I am going to Le Mans this weekend, first time (YAY! ) I'll be sitting at the Maison Blanche grandstand (not all of the time). I need to sort some things out that I have been wondering about.
1) On this picture http://www.planetlemans.com/images/s...p_specarea.jpg you can see that you are allowed in the yellow areas. Is it forbidden to be in the parts where it is not yellow?
2) Can you walk along-side the track from say, the grandstands at the start down to Arnage, Mulsanne corner, or are you only allowed to walk on the public roads for that?
3) Is it dangerous to walk on the public roads? i.e. are there a lot of speeding motorists and are there pavements?
4) Linked to nr 1, are you allowed to stand on the Mulsanne straight? would be amazing to see the cars go by at +330 KM/H at night
5) On my grandstand tickets I recieved in the mail, the actual ticket is perforated (don't know if that is an english word it is made so you can rip small tears of the ticket) into small strips (I think there are about 4 on each ticket) do they remove one of those strips when you enter the grandstand and then when they are finished, are you not allowed back into the grandstand?
Thanks in advance! I am really looking forward to this weekend
Old 13 Jun 2005, 05:17 (Ref:1327015)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktoryL
1) On this picture http://www.planetlemans.com/images/s...p_specarea.jpg you can see that you are allowed in the yellow areas. Is it forbidden to be in the parts where it is not yellow?
Yep.

Quote:
2) Can you walk along-side the track from say, the grandstands at the start down to Arnage, Mulsanne corner, or are you only allowed to walk on the public roads for that?
Only public roads ; to go to Arnage and Mulsanne, you'll need your car or take the shuttles...

Quote:
3) Is it dangerous to walk on the public roads? i.e. are there a lot of speeding motorists and are there pavements?
No pavement most of the time... be careful, especially at night...

Quote:
4) Linked to nr 1, are you allowed to stand on the Mulsanne straight? would be amazing to see the cars go by at +330 KM/H at night??
Forbidden area, unfortunately...

Quote:
5) On my grandstand tickets I recieved in the mail, the actual ticket is perforated (don't know if that is an english word it is made so you can rip small tears of the ticket) into small strips (I think there are about 4 on each ticket) do they remove one of those strips when you enter the grandstand and then when they are finished, are you not allowed back into the grandstand?
No ; all the ACO's tickest have strips ; they remove them at each "part" of the event on the "main entrance" ticket (i.e. : PQ day, etc...) ; they don't use it on the GS tickets, and you are allow to go in and out as you wish (you''l be given a "countermark" at each move, though ; don't lose it or you're toasted).

Have a good one !
Old 13 Jun 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1327290)   #3
ViktoryL
Rookie

Sweden
Karlstad, Sweden
thanks for your answers! I am a little worried about going on the public roads down to Arnage and Mulsanne. Is it very crowded and jammed up? or can you get down there by car quickly? also are there free parking slots, or do you have to book them beforehand? Is it true that the shuttle stops going after midnight?
Old 13 Jun 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1327301)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
thanks for your answers! I am a little worried about going on the public roads down to Arnage and Mulsanne. Is it very crowded and jammed up?
Usualy, yes.

Quote:
or can you get down there by car quickly?
Depends of the hour... but could be 15' as more than two hours... even at pitch black (a real nightmare two years ago) ! If you go by foot, mind to have a flashy suit or something... but prefer shuttles...

Quote:
also are there free parking slots, or do you have to book them beforehand?
If I can remember (but I've got a white park, so...), Arnage and Mulsanne parking lots are free... but overcrowded ! Expect some walking (and remember : a heatwave is expected, prefer the night or sunrise)

Quote:
Is it true that the shuttle stops going after midnight?
Surprising... I dunno, actually...
Old 13 Jun 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1327322)   #5
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is it true that the shuttle stops going after midnight?
No, I left Mulsanne by shuttle at 2 or 3 a.m. last year. I don't know what the "official" bus schedule is this year though.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1327639)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
thanks for your answers! I am a little worried about going on the public roads down to Arnage and Mulsanne. Is it very crowded and jammed up? or can you get down there by car quickly? also are there free parking slots, or do you have to book them beforehand? Is it true that the shuttle stops going after midnight?

It all depends if you have a driver who knows where he's going! But it can be confusing. Our chief Tourist has been doing that journey for over 30 years and still takes a wrong turn, from time to time. But it is worth it. Even though as Fab has said you can see very little from the restaurants on the Mulsanne these days, there is an incredible atmosphere - if you park, say, in the car park for the Restaurant des 24 Heures, the sound as the cars go down the Mulsanne about 100 yards away from the car park has to be heard to be believed - I can feel the hairs rising on the back of my neck even now as I think about it. Its terrific down at Armnage and Indianapolis at night as well, although the cars are going relatively slowly when you see them there.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 22:38 (Ref:1327804)   #7
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hallå där! Kul med fler svenskar på Le Mans!!

Back to english: I think the answers you got here pretty much covers it but on my little website you'll find some more info about Le Mans in Swedish. Here's a Travel & Survival Guide and the main site is www.n138.com

/Johan

(Mods, is this too much advertising? Feel free to remove if it is)
Old 14 Jun 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1328526)   #8
ViktoryL
Rookie

Sweden
Karlstad, Sweden
The more the merrier eh Karl
I just thought of something else (sorry if I'm annoying but I want this trip to be as smooth as possible ) Can you get to the Mulsanne corner with the General admisson ticket or is an aditional ticket needed for that specific area? I saw a picture which showed the area where Gen admisson tickets let you in and that corner was not part of it. This is the pic I am talking about http://www.motorracingtours.com/page.../lemans_bx.gif

[edit]Sorry, just found the answer myself Looking forward to the race! I'm certain that I will have a great time
Old 14 Jun 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1328584)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The general admission ticket gets yuou into Arnage/Indianapolis and Mulsanne. There is a separate "virages" ticket which only gets you into these areas - so don;t buy that.....!
Old 14 Jun 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1328632)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
The general admission ticket gets yuou into Arnage/Indianapolis and Mulsanne. There is a separate "virages" ticket which only gets you into these areas - so don;t buy that.....!
... or you'll be stuck with Craig the whole week-end !

whoohoohoo !
Old 15 Jun 2005, 07:20 (Ref:1329001)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think Craig needs to get out more.........
Old 15 Jun 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1329901)   #12
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though you guys say it is forbidden to go in the non-yellow areas, On the RLM "do's and dont's" section on their webiste, one of the DO's is "sneak through the forest"

heh...
Old 16 Jun 2005, 05:08 (Ref:1330061)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_kyle
Even though you guys say it is forbidden to go in the non-yellow areas, On the RLM "do's and dont's" section on their webiste, one of the DO's is "sneak through the forest"

heh...
You're your own man !
Old 16 Jun 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1330465)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It can be done, but its getting harder and harder each year and we end up seeing less and less each year.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 01:25 (Ref:1335362)   #15
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We did on Thursday, and gt waved back by the marshals at the Porsche curves :S

Got a very cut up leg aswell!