Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 18 Jan 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1203911)   #1
GarrettMacD
Rookie

Ireland
Lovely (?) Leicester
GarrettMacD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do I get attendance figures for 2004 BRSCC Races???

Does anyone know how to get attendance figures for all of the 2004 BRSCC-run races (and also those run in conjuction with BRSCC).

If it was a footy match I could just get the figures from the paper, but it seems to be more difficult to get race attendance figures.

The BRSCC didn't have the numbers available when I called, and some of the circuits I called just drew a blank.

Anyone know where I can get this info???

BTW, it's for a sponsor.

Thanks
Old 18 Jan 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1203931)   #2
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Commercially confidential is my guess.

(And very embarrassing in some cases too. )

Regards

Jim
Old 18 Jan 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1203942)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just count the number of competitors!

They don't pay that much attention, I guess. Although they probably know the amount taken at the gate - divide that by the ticket price. Although competitors get free tickets and, lets face it, these people will be the majority of the attendence!
Old 18 Jan 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1203967)   #4
GarrettMacD
Rookie

Ireland
Lovely (?) Leicester
Thanks for the replies - - I doubt the figures are concealed for coinfidentiality purposes, more like embarassment purposes!

Hopefully you can see my point though - namely that a sponsor will (or should) at the very least ask about the numbers of people viewing their logo. If those numbers are not available then it becomes easier to choose other media which is more quantifiable.

By that I mean the following...

Does a sponsor give someone £5k to stick a logo on the side of their car on tha basis that *possibly* about 100,000 people will see it over the course of a season... OR

Does he just spend the £5k on an advert in 'The Daily Mail' to get a potential audience of 1.2million readers.

Of course, there are many other factors to consider, but it would help if these figures were available to the great unwashed.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 18 Jan 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1203994)   #5
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Money rarely changes hands these days, stickers on cars is usually for product deals.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1204003)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depends where you are racing really. Combe probably draws several thousand, Mallory a few hundred, and Silverstone and Rockingham just a few.

Think about what you are offering the sponsor though. Exposure to the public at race meetings will be negligibe - more people will read reports on your races in the local paper. Although I see you're from Leicester, which means the Mercury, which means no chance - even if you send it on a plate...

Last edited by Ian Sowman; 18 Jan 2005 at 19:18.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1204033)   #7
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May be three, or possibly five, on top of people who were there because someone they knew was racing and gave them some tickets.

(Except Combe and Mallory where other people strangely turn up to watch)

Rob.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1204038)   #8
GarrettMacD
Rookie

Ireland
Lovely (?) Leicester
Think about what you are offering the sponsor though. Exposure to the public at race meetings will be negligibe - more people will read reports on your races in the local paper. Although I see you're from Leicester, which means the Mercury, which means no chance - even if you send it on a plate...[/QUOTE]

I won't even be bothering with the Mercury, 'cos I'm up against Leicester City FC, Leicester Tigers (Rugby), Leicester Riders (Basketball), and Paula Radcliffe, who lives in Loughborough!

Interesting to note that I didn't see a single article about the bloke who won the F3 series in Europe (John Green ???). I believe he's now going to the DTM - and apparently he's a Leicester lad...
Old 18 Jan 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1204042)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jamie Green... tell me about it. I'm afraid that their ignorance of motorsport is nothing short of a disgrace - despite, in this case, me bombarding the sportsdesk over the past few years with offers to supply copy on Jamie Green/Robbie Kerr.

If you live in The Hinckley Times circulation area, get in touch with me via PM and I'll be able to help.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1204085)   #10
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly, it's the way with most of the mainstream British Media. If the sport involves a ball, it's covered, even if there are more people on the pitch than in the stands.

If it's national or international motorsport, and you're Mr Super Mega Hero, won everything, beaten the world,.... nope, sorry not interested. Perhaps you need to s**g some lesser popstar wannabe and get the paparazzi to notice you.

My neighbour's daughter has got them guessing in the states, being seen out regularly with Jennifer Aniston (she's working on a production with Ms Aniston), and the press have been trying to work out who she is, and where she's from!

Rob
Old 18 Jan 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1204162)   #11
GarrettMacD
Rookie

Ireland
Lovely (?) Leicester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Jamie Green... tell me about it. I'm afraid that their ignorance of motorsport is nothing short of a disgrace - despite, in this case, me bombarding the sportsdesk over the past few years with offers to supply copy on Jamie Green/Robbie Kerr.

If you live in The Hinckley Times circulation area, get in touch with me via PM and I'll be able to help.

JAMIE Green, sorry, I'll remember it for next time.

Shows what you're up against though - when they'd rather fill the pack 3 pages with stories of how the LCFC reserves managed a battling 0-0 draw at Wigan reserves on a ****-cold Wednesday evening in January.

Also, never saw anything more than a few lines about Robbie Kerr, again a Leicester(shire???) lad.
Old 18 Jan 2005, 23:04 (Ref:1204227)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Same story I'm afraid... if you saw The Hinckley Times during his two successful British F3 seasons you'd have seen very comprehensive coverage. Sadly, the Leicester Murky weren't interested at all...
Old 27 Jan 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1211227)   #13
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even the local tv stations seem to spend more time worrying about every other sport,you have to practicly beg them to even mention unless of course its something to do with them...typical really not everybody likes football etc!!!!!!
Old 31 Jan 2005, 16:26 (Ref:1213883)   #14
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
trick to it is to get drunk with said tv stations staff on a regular basis - then suggest that you run thier branding on your car and they get a great local interest piece that they can run whenever...
Old 2 Feb 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1215396)   #15
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's about the only time that anything gets shown,dangle a few ££££ signs and it amazing what can happen!!!
Old 2 Feb 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1215720)   #16
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
rbs says money rarely changes hands!! I must be doing it wrong. No wonder Peter Thurston is always smiling!!