Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Aug 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3845017)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I’m sure there’s going to be new challenges to face when crossing borders- or old challenges revisited. I was also around when we had to do all the carnet stuff at every border.....

Regarding movement of goods, my main concern though is whether the channel ports will be able to cope with any additional bureaucracy foisted upon us. I can see EuroTunnel, Calais, Dunkirk and Dover really struggling (more than now) if there are more formalities to be carried out when handling commercial traffic and their loads. It’s bad enough at Dunkirk now, with check in, two separate passport controls and two customs searches before you get near a ship! Maybe Portsmouth and Harwich would be less affected due to their much smaller throughput in comparison.

Regarding competing in Europe, it would be good to know that the MSA are on the case regarding any possible change in licence requirements or U.K. Organiser red tape. I’m not holding my breath though.... Main problem seems to be that our government really have no idea of what will happen in the event of ‘no deal’, so not much hope for anyone else.

As for ‘moving to NZ’, I would imagine the red tape to achieve that would make anything brexit lands us with insignificant in comparison! Now Portugal......