Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jun 2011, 10:29 (Ref:2902306)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[iV8SC11-R14&15] Sucrogen Townsville 400 July 8-10

Will it be another Hamilton?

Can Rick and Gis do it again?

Will Jamie stop fuming and get back to racing?

Junior, Is he the Sleeper this year ?

interesting mix back on a street circuit.

I will be there to see it unfold
Old 21 Jun 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2902642)   #2
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murph to have Livery #3 for Townsville
Old 6 Jul 2011, 00:56 (Ref:2922608)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

We're in the army now...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Jul 2011, 02:11 (Ref:2922617)   #4
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like 888 have pinched a certain GpC Falcon's paintscheme. I thought they were finished with Ford
Old 6 Jul 2011, 02:50 (Ref:2922628)   #5
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

We're in the army now...

Looks terrible.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 02:50 (Ref:2922629)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

We're in the army now...
Interesting, what is the story behind it?
Old 6 Jul 2011, 02:55 (Ref:2922633)   #7
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Interesting, what is the story behind it?
The local Defence Force charity Gecko
Old 6 Jul 2011, 03:53 (Ref:2922643)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can you get reception on Vodafone in Townsville?
Old 6 Jul 2011, 04:54 (Ref:2922652)   #9
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone else think the "A-Team" with that livery? Now who would be B.A. Bosco/Mr T?
Old 6 Jul 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2922710)   #10
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Looks terrible.
May look ordinary, may look a bit A team, but in the end, as an EX SERVICEMAN, this is a fantastic for GECKO, irespective if you like the Fed's or not, it supports are Soldiers familys, and that is bloody great.

I hope Vodafone does one for my favorite Charities, Childrens Hospitals in each state
Old 6 Jul 2011, 13:47 (Ref:2922850)   #11
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
Looks like 888 have pinched a certain GpC Falcon's paintscheme. I thought they were finished with Ford
I can see the similarity you refer to!! Greens still pretty Tuff regardless of the type of car it is on!!!
Old 6 Jul 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2923037)   #12
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So a non 888 victory in Townsville then?

888 have never won a race with an 'alternate' livery.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2923055)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
So a non 888 victory in Townsville then?

888 have never won a race with an 'alternate' livery.
Hopefully they'll do better with an alternative livery, then. Seems an expensive way of going about things changing between this and the normal livery every other meeting...

You'd think a reasonable grasp of the english language would be required for journalism, but apparently not.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 22:31 (Ref:2923074)   #14
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This was what I was referring to !
Old 7 Jul 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2923109)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Busiest bloke in that team is the sticker maker! Story Here
Old 7 Jul 2011, 00:10 (Ref:2923110)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Hopefully they'll do better with an alternative livery, then. Seems an expensive way of going about things changing between this and the normal livery every other meeting...
Interestingly, some teams actually strip the chassis back to the cage at each round, taking off every panel, ensuring it is straight, and restickering for the next round to ensure there are no stone chips or other damage in the design

So for an event like Townsville, in changing the design on the car, apart from some work in the drawing department, it probably wont cost significantly more than what they do every day with the fluoro orange & silver, even if they have to make a set of spares as well.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 03:38 (Ref:2923129)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Townsville V8 fan death

Thats not a good start to the weekend and very sad for all involved
Old 7 Jul 2011, 08:42 (Ref:2923179)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

At last... filling the rear quarter of the Lucky7 car
Isnt Samboy a PMM Sponsor?
Old 7 Jul 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2923281)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Interestingly, some teams actually strip the chassis back to the cage at each round, taking off every panel, ensuring it is straight, and restickering for the next round to ensure there are no stone chips or other damage in the design

So for an event like Townsville, in changing the design on the car, apart from some work in the drawing department, it probably wont cost significantly more than what they do every day with the fluoro orange & silver, even if they have to make a set of spares as well.
I knew that. I was just picking up on the fact that the article didn't know the difference between alternate (this, then that, then this, etc.) and alternative (either this or that). I'll go back in my hole now.
Old 9 Jul 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2924040)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Nice ding...
Old 9 Jul 2011, 23:08 (Ref:2924357)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q R14

Shootout

R14

Not sure what the race actually meant... the commentators kept talking abiut various cars being fast (presumably on softs?) but they never made an impact to the overall result.

I would say this hard/soft thing is still not the right way to go.. wonder if the punters at the track knew who was winning after all teh stops were done?
Old 10 Jul 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2924385)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q R15

Old 10 Jul 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2924386)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 10 Jul 2011, 04:35 (Ref:2924404)   #24
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tounge in cheek firmly----------With MS in charge will Toll & T888 and Holden teams get left off on alot of minor incidents ala GT in yesterdays race.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 10 Jul 2011, 07:57 (Ref:2924424)   #25
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if this shows everyones general lack of interest in the series at them moment, but we had 1 comment from GTR after race 1, and a handful after todays race