Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 7 Aug 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2936979)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 10 - Moto GP 2011, Brno

the motogp guys are racing in the czech republic next weekend and just like last race we have a wildcard. this time it is hopkins playing the wildcard role and in the same team he had to replace someone early in the year. it has been.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2937227)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We also have another test to look for on the following Monday. This time, all of the 1000 bikes should be in attendance. And maybe a few more CRT bikes...
Old 8 Aug 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2937456)   #3
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
We also have another test to look for on the following Monday. This time, all of the 1000 bikes should be in attendance. And maybe a few more CRT bikes...
I'm hearing that Ducati wont be testing their GP12 as they have already used 5 of their alloted 8 test days for the new bike and will keep the remaining 3 days until later in the year.
Old 9 Aug 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2937674)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
I'm hearing that Ducati wont be testing their GP12 as they have already used 5 of their alloted 8 test days for the new bike and will keep the remaining 3 days until later in the year.
And it's been released that Dovi will not test the 1000cc Honda. Writing on the wall it would seem.
Old 9 Aug 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2937723)   #5
alex79
Rookie

alex79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dovi will not test the 1000cc Honda, was info that was recently released
Old 9 Aug 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2937726)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex79 View Post
Dovi will not test the 1000cc Honda, was info that was recently released
Can't imagine where that may have been said elsewhere in this thread...
Old 10 Aug 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2938286)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
Or they're scared to test in public.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2939478)   #8
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and Iannone is back .. finally
great race ..with a fastest lap in the last lap
am I the only one that's tired of seeing more of Marquez that say some battle in the field ?
he's probably 90% the reason i don't "like" his son

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Aug 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2939480)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damn right Dani

Also nice to see a Suter guy other than him win, considering the bike has been seemingly built around him.

Notice how they all try and beat him up in the bends as he is so quick on the bend exits onto the straight.

Just move up to GP and be done with it. He is more than good enough
Old 14 Aug 2011, 17:02 (Ref:2939561)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well the GP2 was certainly worth watching right to the end, as for the GP as normal it got a bit boring, after Pedrosa fell off the Spanish commentators talked about him most of the time and on the last lap they suddenly said that this 'Aussie chap' had won !
Felt sorry for Hopper.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Aug 2011, 05:08 (Ref:2939756)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopper always gets nasty injuries... Had a big Satdy night so missed this race, sounds like as usual (of late) i didnt miss much - other than an Australian winning

If the Suter is built around Marquez - i presume its a completely different bike to the 2010 model?
Old 15 Aug 2011, 06:47 (Ref:2939772)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well Suter wise, the guys that were consistently quick on it in 2010 are not now.

Redding is up and down, as are Iannone and Simon. Sofoglu etc.

Marquez was aswell until they tested the issues out of the bike.

Not many other Suters regularly up front
Old 15 Aug 2011, 07:31 (Ref:2939784)   #13
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reports are that Suter's other customers are very unhappy with the amount of attention Marquez's bike is getting compared to their own and that we could see a mass exodus next year from Suter to (possibly) FTR.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2940154)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Moto 2 was epic! Love that class, even if it is probably not a form predictor for GP.

The Monday test is finished and both the Honda and Yamaha were fast. Stoner just a hair quicker than Lorenzo. Stoner (on the 1000) went about a full second quicker than his fastest race lap from Sunday. In Lorenzo's case, it was 1.4 seconds quicker.

The Ducs were testing 800cc bikes. Hayden did quite a bit of work with the 11.1 and managed to best Rossi's race lap from Sunday.

Kallio was about 4 seconds back on the Suter BMW claiming rule bike. It too, is evidently not getting the Marquez treatment...
Old 15 Aug 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2941548)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well the lap charts never lie really I guess.

but what can you do when one team and rider calls the shots in the class for that maker.

It's not Marc's fault, but he is probably better backed than anyone but Rossi adn the Repsols in GP racing, and I include Lorenzo in that who is backed but not by a huge swathe of Spanish sponsors like Marques.

I simply do not like it when someone is as over hyped as this. He was average in 125 until he had money spent on him and though I do rate the lad very highly I loath the way Moody, Dorna and GP racing in general fauns over him.

He will get his own way in GP too as he will get Repso,l bike there, Stoner will be the champ, Pedrosa will be kicked out and Marques will get another bike built round him, just like Dani did in 125, 250 and GP.

I am sorry but who won them their last title, Nicky Hayden on a bitza bike that was never developed all year as Dani didnt like it.

HRC suck ass man, ever since Mick quit!
Old 15 Aug 2011, 23:46 (Ref:2941589)   #16
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guess the Spanish $$$ pays for everything at HRC... Agree that Marquez is good, but he is no freakly talented gifted rider that we have never seen before - Spanish are lucky that they obviously still own there own companies. Everything in Aus is foreign owned!
Old 16 Aug 2011, 01:51 (Ref:2941608)   #17
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
I actually think Marquez is freakishly talented but time will tell.
The problem Repsol has is when he does move to MotoGP where do they put him? He can't go straight to HRC/Repsol because of the rookie rule, which means for at least the first 12 months he will need to be slotted into one of the satellite teams at the expense of ?? The other option would be to form a new team just for him but who would pay for it? Are Repsol's pockets so deep that they would sponsor both the factory team and a satellite team and would Honda supply an additional bike when they have stated that they are going to reduce the number of bikes supplied.
I think he will stay in Moto2 next season (unless he wins the title this year) and then they will find a slot for him in 2013.
Old 16 Aug 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2941764)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Yeah, I don't see him going to GP next year, but I do think he will get Pedrosa's seat when it's time. 2013 looks the more likely start year for him, but then again, maybe he shouldn't spend too much time in Moto 2 either. That bike isn't teaching him anything about how to ride an 800/1000.