Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 22 May 2013, 01:01 (Ref:3251451)   #51
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Will tell you face-to-face at the first Supertourer enduro round!!
Excellent!
Old 24 May 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3252553)   #52
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think this thread is where the below posted by GT 86 belongs:

"GB, I would suggest NZV8 Touring Cars Ltd, the new new V8 category, helped of course by MSNZ, shafted the old category last month and blew off Lyall Williamson and Greg Lancaster in the process, have instructed their members to stay away from CC. It was public the abuse that LW and GL got at Puke from some TL guys. There seems to be a bigger stronger divide than ever before, thanks to the new directors and some old NZV8 leaders getting what they wanted before, only to have the process delayed by the new board of LW and GL heading up NZV8."

and

It is common knowledge that the new V8 board was handed a massive hospital pass thanks to some handy legal bills being passed on by people who satisfied their ego and then passed on the bill. One hopes that those bills and accounts get passed back to the people concerned via a receiver.
"What I do know is there is a group of people who are trying to stop any further progression with ST and CC and those same people were involved in the original V8 verse V8ST ego ride and legal battle and perhaps the same ones that landed their legal bills onto the now limbo NZV8 company....?"

So, does anyone know any detail to this? names? Details of what they are doing to stop things? I thought the new company was explained and all above board? What was the public abuse?
In short, there seems to have been a massive bust up I completely missed and I want to catch up.
Old 24 May 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3252572)   #53
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post

"GB, I would suggest NZV8 Touring Cars Ltd, the new new V8 category, helped of course by MSNZ, shafted the old category last month and blew off Lyall Williamson and Greg Lancaster in the process, have instructed their members to stay away from CC. It was public the abuse that LW and GL got at Puke from some TL guys. There seems to be a bigger stronger divide than ever before, thanks to the new directors and some old NZV8 leaders getting what they wanted before, only to have the process delayed by the new board of LW and GL heading up NZV8."

and

It is common knowledge that the new V8 board was handed a massive hospital pass thanks to some handy legal bills being passed on by people who satisfied their ego and then passed on the bill. One hopes that those bills and accounts get passed back to the people concerned via a receiver.
"What I do know is there is a group of people who are trying to stop any further progression with ST and CC and those same people were involved in the original V8 verse V8ST ego ride and legal battle and perhaps the same ones that landed their legal bills onto the now limbo NZV8 company....?"

So, does anyone know any detail to this? names? Details of what they are doing to stop things? I thought the new company was explained and all above board? What was the public abuse?
In short, there seems to have been a massive bust up I completely missed and I want to catch up.
+1
Old 26 May 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3253677)   #54
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

and

I dont know anything about whats quoted above. I do know there is a lot of gossip and untruths floating out there, and when those people are confronted with facts they seem to go into hiding. Lyall I consider to be a very close friend of mine, and he has not mentioned anything to me about personal abuse levelled at him. The new V8 Company is totally seperate to MSNZ but if anybody representing any aspect of the sport (competitor, marshall, official or representative body) is abusing anyone else in public it needs to be dealt with severely. But it needs to be facts we are dealing with.

NZV8 Touring Cars Ltd as far as I know; is a competitor representative group for that class. It is not a promoter of any NZ Championship title as most people would agree that V8Supertourers is still the Gold Star touring car class in NZ.

I hasten to add; "This is my PERSONAL opinion"

Last edited by raymond; 26 May 2013 at 21:29. Reason: forgot to add disclaimer thingy
Old 27 May 2013, 01:02 (Ref:3253753)   #55
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
I dont know anything about whats quoted above. I do know there is a lot of gossip and untruths floating out there, and when those people are confronted with facts they seem to go into hiding. Lyall I consider to be a very close friend of mine, and he has not mentioned anything to me about personal abuse levelled at him. The new V8 Company is totally seperate to MSNZ but if anybody representing any aspect of the sport (competitor, marshall, official or representative body) is abusing anyone else in public it needs to be dealt with severely. But it needs to be facts we are dealing with.

NZV8 Touring Cars Ltd as far as I know; is a competitor representative group for that class. It is not a promoter of any NZ Championship title as most people would agree that V8Supertourers is still the Gold Star touring car class in NZ.

I hasten to add; "This is my PERSONAL opinion"
Perhaps the Fog(g) is beginning to clear...
Old 27 May 2013, 08:05 (Ref:3253869)   #56
Swedish Brick
Racer

Quote:
I dont know anything about whats quoted above. I do know there is a lot of gossip and untruths floating out there, and when those people are confronted with facts they seem to go into hiding.
Seems to be the case doesn't it.

GB, I'm assuming you know something that Angus Fogg is guilty of? Or did I take that the wrong way?
Old 27 May 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3253882)   #57
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Seems to be the case doesn't it.

GB, I'm assuming you know something that Angus Fogg is guilty of? Or did I take that the wrong way?
No he has done nothing, well some might disagree out on the track, but I just added the extra "g" for fun as I was using the word "fog"
Old 27 May 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3253917)   #58
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Race 3 video courtesy of Malcolm Finch Racing
Old 27 May 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3254218)   #59
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raymond, perhaps you should ask Lyall then.

I see Ian Booth was wandering the CC pitlane on the weekend encouraging CC competitors to come to his show instead.
Old 27 May 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3254224)   #60
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post

I see Ian Booth was wandering the CC pitlane on the weekend encouraging CC competitors to come to his show instead.
What is his show exactly? Does anyone know what is being planned by them? Brian Budd specifically and officially said on this forum that the only TL championship was the NZV8 Challenge Cup, so if that is MSNZ's position what is the other company for?
Old 27 May 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3254235)   #61
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
In fact here is Brian's quote from the other thread in response to a question I asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Budd View Post
Yes Goat Boy I can.

There is only one TL series running over the summer of 2013/14. V8 Challenge Cup established by Supertourers is a V8 category in which Schedule TL cars are eligible to run.

As to the Sanctioning of the Supertourer regulations a lot of work has gone into these over the past couple of months and we are currently seeking a meeting with representatives of Supertourers to discuss that. With 52 pages of rules and regulations it is not a small job and I am disappointed that it has been insinuated that the Sport is dragging the chain on this by individuals who really have no idea what is involved.

Brian Budd
General Manager
MotorSport NZ
So perhaps somebody should tell that to the directors of NZ V8 Touring Cars Ltd?
Old 27 May 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3254246)   #62
Swedish Brick
Racer

I think GT86 needs to be a bit clearer on what he is saying.
Old 27 May 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3254255)   #63
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Hmmm
Old 27 May 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3254257)   #64
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
+1

too many conspiracy theories... not enough facts
Old 27 May 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3254272)   #65
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
In fact here is Brian's quote from the other thread in response to a question I asked:

So perhaps somebody should tell that to the directors of NZ V8 Touring Cars Ltd?
I don't think it reads the way you suggest GB. There is a big 'Full Stop' right in the middle of two different statements.
Old 27 May 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3254275)   #66
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
I don't think it reads the way you suggest GB. There is a big 'Full Stop' right in the middle of two different statements.
You could be right there, too. Hmmmm, if that is the case it is a very evasive answer rather than the clear answer I thought he gave.
Old 28 May 2013, 00:16 (Ref:3254283)   #67
Swedish Brick
Racer

I read that as there is a TL class running in summer. Don't forget MSNZ is commited to running a class for them that was set in concrete before ST came about.
Old 28 May 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3254286)   #68
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Have already put the call in

Bother;...forgot that disclaimer thingy. Cant be bothered typing it all the time so just pretend it's here?
Old 28 May 2013, 04:22 (Ref:3254326)   #69
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Brian Budds response is easy to interpret. There will be TL's running in the V8CC, and then TL's running is the summer series, independent from ST.

So there are effectively two TL competitions that run in NZ. One in the winter as the undercard to the ST's, the other as part of the summer series.

Does that sound right?
Old 28 May 2013, 05:25 (Ref:3254332)   #70
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Yes but that wasn't the original plan, was it? The two organizations were VEEGA and the V8CC, some of the VEEGA people were involved with ST and some were with the Summer Series, and apparently vehemently against ST.
Then when the board of VEEGA was replaced with Greg Lancaster and Lyall Williamson, the stated intention of VEEGA was to fully align the TL class with ST, and run the official NZV8 series as an undercard to ST.

So all looked hunky dory and it looked like we would have one decent TL series rather than two below-par versions, and we the punters could all be happy.

But oh no, certain people just couldn't let that happen, could they? So it looks like we really have not moved anywhere at all, and it would appear (from the outside) that the current situation has in fact been encouraged by MSNZ with the availing of the NZV8 Touring Cars company to those who would run an alternative series to what would ostensibly be called NZV8CC or something similar.

Tell you what, I am getting more and more interested in football every day. And H&C of course.
Old 28 May 2013, 05:46 (Ref:3254336)   #71
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Hmmm
Ian booth is one of 4 directors promoting the New Zealand V8 Touring cars Ltd along with Mike Ross, Ross cameron and Kevin Shaw dated March 2013 and 100% of shares owned by no other than MSNZ, previously owned by MPL. Brian Budd ceased as director in March 2013 ...........................Hmmmmmm, all in the same day.

NZV8s Ltd formally Veega is run by Stephen Gillard, Greg Lancaster and Lyall Williamson who were appointed by Veega members in Dec 2012
Old 28 May 2013, 06:01 (Ref:3254338)   #72
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Ian booth is one of 4 directors promoting the New Zealand V8 Touring cars Ltd along with Mike Ross, Ross cameron and Kevin Shaw dated March 2013 and 100% of shares owned by no other than MSNZ, previously owned by MPL. Brian Budd ceased as director in March 2013 ...........................Hmmmmmm, all in the same day.

NZV8s Ltd formally Veega is run by Stephen Gillard, Greg Lancaster and Lyall Williamson who were appointed by Veega members in Dec 2012
i'm pretty sure all this was discussed in this very forum last month

the cars were also wearing the new NZV8 logo at the final round

nothing you've posted is new

edit: there's also a new NZV8 website
Old 28 May 2013, 06:31 (Ref:3254343)   #73
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^...but not live yet by that I mean its under construction with no content. But they have obviously grabbed the domain name

Still, snazzy little logo that one
Old 28 May 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3254386)   #74
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Actually, I was going to buy the domain name the other day - wonder what they would have done if I had done that?
Old 28 May 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3254388)   #75
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
But what is the point? If it was unanimously agreed at the MNZ conference (as quoted elsewhere) that ST are where it's at, what is the point of setting up a rival series basically owned by MNZ?