Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 5 Aug 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3286306)   #26
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Correct it is capped at 24 cars total of which 22 have been built and issued with Chassis numbers and logbook.
So what of the remaining two? Have franchised been sold and/or deposits paid? Or still for sale?
Old 5 Aug 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3286315)   #27
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do they need to be commies to keep the numbers balanced or can you put a corvette body on them?
Old 5 Aug 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3286349)   #28
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
So what of the remaining two? Have franchised been sold and/or deposits paid? Or still for sale?
As far as I am aware no deposit has been paid on either of last two cars, so as you cant buy a franchise without a car, its ditto for that.

Theoretically that means two cars and franchise are still for sale, however any interested party would need to confirm that directly with Ray Noonan the CEO of V8 Supertourers.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3286460)   #29
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
As far as I am aware no deposit has been paid on either of last two cars, so as you cant buy a franchise without a car, its ditto for that.

Theoretically that means two cars and franchise are still for sale, however any interested party would need to confirm that directly with Ray Noonan the CEO of V8 Supertourers.
3 as IMS can not sell the unwanted one. They brought it they should run it.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3286814)   #30
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the Supertourers facebook page the endurance races will feature refuelling. An interesting development!
Old 8 Aug 2013, 04:49 (Ref:3287156)   #31
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/08/0...hampton-downs/
Good move in my view. Puke is too dicey and the potential repair bill, if it rains again, could be very high and damaging to the series. Support acts look cool and I was not aware of the refuelling component. That will be interesting and one would think done by a churn....nascar style
Old 8 Aug 2013, 05:54 (Ref:3287169)   #32
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Rotary Race Enthusiasts? not Pro7/Pro7 Plus/RX8?
Old 8 Aug 2013, 06:35 (Ref:3287181)   #33
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
Rotary Race Enthusiasts?
a whole heap of flat-peakers with baggy pants ??
Old 8 Aug 2013, 07:17 (Ref:3287191)   #34
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/08/0...hampton-downs/
Good move in my view. Puke is too dicey and the potential repair bill, if it rains again, could be very high and damaging to the series. Support acts look cool and I was not aware of the refuelling component. That will be interesting and one would think done by a churn....nascar style
Drum pump
Old 8 Aug 2013, 07:32 (Ref:3287197)   #35
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post

Your lack of knowledge about what is ACTUALLY happening at club level motorsport is quite breathtaking.

Perhaps you should get off your arses and actually attend a club event or read some of the media material out there on platforms like NZ Motor Racing and you might learn what's going on in motorsport at the moment in this country.

Far, far, too many people in influential positions in the sport in this country have absolutely no idea what's going on at club level. And within that I include MSNZ AND V8 SuperTourers.

This is a smart deal in my opinion. The HRC which will run these events organises more motor sport events in this country than all other event organisers combined (Do the maths, I did). They are behind the NZ Festival - which if you went to you would see dwarves ANY circuit event in NZ now outside of Supercars - and it's three of the four directors of that event, Chris Watson, Tony Roberts and Richard Gee - who are behind the NZRDL.

Rotary Race Enthusiasts - if you bother to research it before posting tripe - has been set up by (the aptly-named) Graeme Hill and is an open class for anything powered by rotaries. Good luck to him - Pro 7 is a shadow of its former self and there are plenty of guys out there with spectacular home built and engineered rotary powered racing machines who are keen to race. 2K Cup is a smart starter class that will bring more and more people into the sport. If you read the HRC newsletter you will see that they have already had two or three dedicated evenings when people can come and sit their race license test. Its all done properly and by experienced folk. MSNZ do NOTHING like this. Honda Cup has done two seasons now with v8ST and regularly turns out grids of 28 cars - which makes it BY FAR the biggest single grid now outside of the Beemers.

Again, if you bother to look, you might also learn that the NZRDL is working hard with MSNZ and the SI FFord guys to promote a North Island FFord championship with three NZRDL rounds and three National rounds to make up a NI championship for all vintages - contemporary and historic - and with exactly the same format happening on the SI, this is the best news FFord has had in ages in my opinion. Plus, it' finally on the V8ST card and one can only hope that owners of the cars get out and support it. This I the categories best chance of a decent revival and if you look at the models working elsewhere in the world - blending historic and modern is the way to go.

You might also learn with a bit of research that Superkarts are on board with the NZRDL. This is one of the most underrated classes in the country and having raced in it for a while, I am absolutely positive that if the NZRDL can provide a permanent home for Superkarts, it will thrive. And don't forget - these things lap HD quicker than the SuperTourers.

So how about some praise for some guys and class coordinators doing a really great job in creating something from scratch at club level? Good on them for securing the SuperTourers for their first event. Just chuck in the Utes and the Suzukis, and may be the occasional appearance by the Toyota 86s and CMCs.

NOBODY ELSE is doing anything like this on the North Island. Dave Dovey is slowly killing the IRC (even Julian hardy has now chucked in the towel) MSNZ are really only concerned with their contractual obligations to their paymasters Toyota and whilst Supercars IS a great meeting, it's a false economy because at least half of the cars running only appear at that event.

So well done Chris Watson. We'll be at Hampton Downs to see the SuperTourers, the refuelling AND the NZRDL.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3287242)   #36
Blackpearl
Racer

daniel gaunt in for bairdo
Old 8 Aug 2013, 10:30 (Ref:3287261)   #37
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Thats a cool post club racer......nice
There's some really interesting information in that. Cheers

Last edited by NZSTfan; 8 Aug 2013 at 10:49.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3287274)   #38
Alpina107
Rookie

Alpina107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club racer View Post
You might also learn with a bit of research that Superkarts are on board with the NZRDL. This is one of the most underrated classes in the country and having raced in it for a while, I am absolutely positive that if the NZRDL can provide a permanent home for Superkarts, it will thrive. And don't forget - these things lap HD quicker than the SuperTourers.
Great post, Club Racer!!

Just for the sake of complete accuracy, I should point out that the Superkarts, whilst very fast, are still slightly slower than V8ST.

Based on their results at HD in February, the fastest kart over the meeting (practice, qually and races) did a 1:04.8. I believe that was a twin-cylinder 250cc kart. A week earlier, the ST's ran at HD and their best time (in qualifying) was a 1:03.27. In fact, such is the closeness of the ST field that all 19 cars were covered by just 1.3 seconds. As far as I know, both meetings were run in the dry as there was virtually no rain at HD between January and mid-March.

PS: I spoke with one of the kart guys at that meeting and he showed me his data logger. He was running a single-cylinder 250cc kart and managed 1:08 laps without exceeding 185km/h! That's 50-60km/h slower than a Supertourer and gives an indication of just how much speed they're able to maintain around the corners.

Last edited by Alpina107; 8 Aug 2013 at 11:14. Reason: spelling
Old 8 Aug 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3287399)   #39
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
nah.. kids these days wear those skinny girl jeans from the past

hmm nzrdl.co.nz looks like a similar setup to irc.org.nz
Old 9 Aug 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3287525)   #40
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 9 Aug 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3287533)   #41
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couple more. We thought we'd give Eddie's car an evolution of design before Taupo, we are really happy with how it came up. A couple final touches, will look even better when it hits the track at Taupo.

Old 9 Aug 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3287538)   #42
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good Kieran You coming up for Taupo?
Old 9 Aug 2013, 10:39 (Ref:3287556)   #43
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Still one of the best looking cars of the lot...IMO
Old 9 Aug 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3287782)   #44
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club racer View Post
Your lack of knowledge about what is ACTUALLY happening at club level motorsport is quite breathtaking.

Perhaps you should get off your arses and actually attend a club event or read some of the media material out there on platforms like NZ Motor Racing and you might learn what's going on in motorsport at the moment in this country.

Far, far, too many people in influential positions in the sport in this country have absolutely no idea what's going on at club level. And within that I include MSNZ AND V8 SuperTourers.

This is a smart deal in my opinion. The HRC which will run these events organises more motor sport events in this country than all other event organisers combined (Do the maths, I did). They are behind the NZ Festival - which if you went to you would see dwarves ANY circuit event in NZ now outside of Supercars - and it's three of the four directors of that event, Chris Watson, Tony Roberts and Richard Gee - who are behind the NZRDL.

Rotary Race Enthusiasts - if you bother to research it before posting tripe - has been set up by (the aptly-named) Graeme Hill and is an open class for anything powered by rotaries. Good luck to him - Pro 7 is a shadow of its former self and there are plenty of guys out there with spectacular home built and engineered rotary powered racing machines who are keen to race. 2K Cup is a smart starter class that will bring more and more people into the sport. If you read the HRC newsletter you will see that they have already had two or three dedicated evenings when people can come and sit their race license test. Its all done properly and by experienced folk. MSNZ do NOTHING like this. Honda Cup has done two seasons now with v8ST and regularly turns out grids of 28 cars - which makes it BY FAR the biggest single grid now outside of the Beemers.

Again, if you bother to look, you might also learn that the NZRDL is working hard with MSNZ and the SI FFord guys to promote a North Island FFord championship with three NZRDL rounds and three National rounds to make up a NI championship for all vintages - contemporary and historic - and with exactly the same format happening on the SI, this is the best news FFord has had in ages in my opinion. Plus, it' finally on the V8ST card and one can only hope that owners of the cars get out and support it. This I the categories best chance of a decent revival and if you look at the models working elsewhere in the world - blending historic and modern is the way to go.

So how about some praise for some guys and class coordinators doing a really great job in creating something from scratch at club level? Good on them for securing the SuperTourers for their first event. Just chuck in the Utes and the Suzukis, and may be the occasional appearance by the Toyota 86s and CMCs.

NOBODY ELSE is doing anything like this on the North Island. Dave Dovey is slowly killing the IRC (even Julian hardy has now chucked in the towel) MSNZ are really only concerned with their contractual obligations to their paymasters Toyota and whilst Supercars IS a great meeting, it's a false economy because at least half of the cars running only appear at that event.

So well done Chris Watson. We'll be at Hampton Downs to see the SuperTourers, the refuelling AND the NZRDL.

Hi Club Racer,

Firstly, congratulations on a very constructive post.

Secondly, have to say that I think that Chris Watson and Tony Roberts are doing a great job under very trying circumstances, least in my opinion, and deserve all our support.

Mark Petch.
Old 10 Aug 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3287920)   #45
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good post Club racer. Some valid points post of the month so far. Going by the quality of the posts lately it still will be at the end of the month!
Old 11 Aug 2013, 23:57 (Ref:3288589)   #46
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hi everyone, popped in for a quick look-see. Nice post by Club Racer, I will definitely be going to the HD enduro, love the refuelling idea. Might try to get to Taupo as well, will depend on funds.
Can anyone shed any light on the support classes for HD, I have read one ST release that mentions Suzis, XTreme GT and Utes, the other talks about the NZRDL (not to be confused with the NZDRL) classes - I assume we will have both?
Old 12 Aug 2013, 00:29 (Ref:3288593)   #47
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Can anyone shed any light on the support classes for HD, I have read one ST release that mentions Suzis, XTreme GT and Utes, the other talks about the NZRDL (not to be confused with the NZDRL) classes - I assume we will have both?
You assume correctly
Old 12 Aug 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3288688)   #48
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another enduro driver confirmed, Tim Slade joining Richard Moore in the Whitehaven Wines Commodore. A sharp pairing.

http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/08/1...ourer-enduros/
Old 12 Aug 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3288720)   #49
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
You assume correctly

Last edited by Blackpearl; 12 Aug 2013 at 10:14. Reason: learn to read
Old 12 Aug 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3288721)   #50
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Hi everyone, popped in for a quick look-see. Nice post by Club Racer, I will definitely be going to the HD enduro, love the refuelling idea. Might try to get to Taupo as well, will depend on funds.
It is the 2k cup cars