Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 22 Jun 2019, 03:57 (Ref:3913420)   #151
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who wants to bet that Hamilton will be on the cover of Autosport next week? Since, Mid-May we've had Alonso, Hamilton, Alonso, Hamilton and Alonso this past week on the cover. It's actually pretty funny.....
Old 22 Jun 2019, 06:01 (Ref:3913426)   #152
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I couldn't care less which F 1 driver they depict - the problem is that 52 weeks of the year the cover, and most of the magazine is about F1 . It didn't used to be like that ,as it was about motor sport including , but not confined to F1 .

So a cover might depict a rally Stratos, a Special Saloon or an F2 car - but now it's an F1 fanzine it has fallen from grace . True , it might cover Indy and BTCC - but why does it only cover stuff you see on telly? Answer - because the great unwashed think anything on TV is good and anything which doesn't appear on TV as not worth making the effort to watch live .
Old 22 Jun 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3913431)   #153
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Last two times I’ve brought the mag was years ago and it was two specials-the Super Tourer issue and the Group C issue. They were really well done which shows the mag can cover stuff other then F1.
Old 22 Jun 2019, 10:14 (Ref:3913442)   #154
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It would be good if they kept doing some retro special for the August month
Old 22 Jun 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3913484)   #155
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1 View Post
Who wants to bet that Hamilton will be on the cover of Autosport next week? Since, Mid-May we've had Alonso, Hamilton, Alonso, Hamilton and Alonso this past week on the cover. It's actually pretty funny.....
That’s down to whether he wins at Paul Ricard or not. So far it’s on.

I think they should cover club motorsport more. I remember when they did. And the results printed are not like they used to be.

(That’s three fingers in the comments about Autosport drinking game).
Old 22 Jun 2019, 20:48 (Ref:3913563)   #156
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've checked at ebay and all other places to seek 70's magazines and from 25 first issues of 1978 Autosport only 1 cover was dedicated to drivers - from South African GP. From other 24 only 10 were dedicated to F1 cars. From 25 2019's Autosport only 2 were not F1 - and both had Alonso photo on the cover. So, don't fans care about technical side nowadays or do, actually, journalists have no idea what to write about cars? Maybe they are waiting while Dallara build not only F3 and F2 but the whole F1 too?
Old 6 Oct 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3932293)   #157
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of well placed journalists are predicting the end of Motorsport News, Autosport & F1 Racing. These journalists are Frizt-Dieter Rencken and Jim Holder.

Both are suggesting that these titles will close down, rather than being sold as Motorsport Network doesn't want the titles to be a competitor to them.

What are your thoughts, sad loss or about time?
Old 6 Oct 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3932308)   #158
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it is sad if true. People would rather have free poorly written click-bait that is ridden with advertising, often for more clickbait, than pay a few quid a week for well written news. Or maybe the majority can't tell the difference?

Obviously it isn't always well written and sometimes free stuff can be good, but more usually it is the other way.

If they are guilty of their own demise it is that they went cheap poor "journalism" and still tried to charge for it. That is why I stopped my subscription to Autosport years ago. Although I do currently subscribe digitally as it has got a bit better and the standard outside has got worse.

Obviously I don't read F1 racing.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 20:56 (Ref:3932325)   #159
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree - as another who cancelled his subscription long ago - but I'd be very sad to see Autosport disappear.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3932328)   #160
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We have a lot to thank Autosport for, so be a shame for it to end
Old 6 Oct 2019, 21:30 (Ref:3932332)   #161
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems to be all but confirmed:-

https://twitter.com/f1broadcasting/s...834377728?s=20
Old 6 Oct 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3932334)   #162
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I agree - as another who cancelled his subscription long ago - but I'd be very sad to see Autosport disappear.

I was lucky to be placed on their complimentary copy list in about 2003 after having subscribed faithfully for about 40 years, but was removed back in 2011. However, I no longer saw it as good value for it's cover price, so I decided not to renew my subscription.

Like you, Ayse, I will mourn it's passing if that's what is happening, especially as I had the privilege of knowing Gregor Grant, one of it's founders and it's first editor, through my friendship with one of his sons.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3932335)   #163
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hopefully they'll create a channel to report on club racing to replace lost space in mn and autosport, otherwise it's another connection between the grass roots of the sport and f1 cut.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 21:43 (Ref:3932336)   #164
S griffin
Veteran

I hope there is a suitable replacement somewhere
Old 6 Oct 2019, 21:48 (Ref:3932338)   #165
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
hopefully they'll create a channel to report on club racing to replace lost space in mn and autosport, otherwise it's another connection between the grass roots of the sport and f1 cut.
Autosport/MN has not been covering some 'club' events this year, just as if they didn't take place. I believe the autosport.com website will go the way of the print edition.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 03:12 (Ref:3932366)   #166
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They are done..... 2019 is the last year.

https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2...SuYAT18Nd6KS9A

So sad.....
Old 7 Oct 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3932404)   #167
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dedicated thread here: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...wpost&t=154516
Old 11 Oct 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3933352)   #168
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Been buyin' them from '96. Damon Hill on the cover. I doubt I've missed 10 editions since.

This tripling of the price is for the birds, guys. I'd sooner they axe it overnight.

The way they pulled that motorsport channel from the box and their nose twisting clowning around here - very disrespectful.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 00:01 (Ref:3936145)   #169
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
For those remembering the days before inflation fondly

twitter.com/YeOldeAutosport

Old 22 Oct 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3936258)   #170
S griffin
Veteran

That was fun, must keep a daily check on that Twitter page
Old 22 Oct 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3936289)   #171
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got a copy of post Brands BTCC Motorsport News. Was reading the out of 10 ratings for BTCC drivers at the event. I couldn’t make head or tale of some of the gradings and then noticed it is written by Rob Austin - enough said - not hard to see who his mates are ....... what a joke. Good job I didn’t pay £10.99 for such dross....
Old 23 Oct 2019, 07:25 (Ref:3936353)   #172
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Just got a copy of post Brands BTCC Motorsport News. Was reading the out of 10 ratings for BTCC drivers at the event. I couldn’t make head or tale of some of the gradings and then noticed it is written by Rob Austin - enough said - not hard to see who his mates are ....... what a joke. Good job I didn’t pay £10.99 for such dross....
Did not realise 'Motorsport News' still existed-not seen it for years