Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Aug 2018, 23:23 (Ref:3845096)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfire View Post
I think that the outer stands have never had a single spectator in them. The dreaded Health and Safety said they had to fully man any grandstand with any spectators at all, so they were always closed to save money.
they were open for the first champcar race at least. official excuse for closing all four eventually was subsidence.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3845262)   #27
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly the open grandstand at Turn One was in regular use for the major meetings up to around 5 years ago. In recent years they've even fenced off some of the Turn Four end of the main covered stand.

I rather like the place - mostly due to the viewing from the main stand allowing you to see virtually the whole circuit and I've gone to BTCC, British GT & clubbie races there every year since attending the opening meeting and both Champ Car visits.

It wasn't without its drawbacks however - mostly due to the main stand facing east which means it was in shade for most of the day and never really warm plus the PA system wasn't up to the job.
Old 10 Sep 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3849208)   #28
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If enough entrants can be found, there's going to be an open all-comers meeting running the last full weekend in November. Could be an exceedingly eclectic set of grids, if some of the social media around it turns up entries rather than just talk
Old 10 Sep 2018, 18:25 (Ref:3849241)   #29
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds interesting - may have to get my thermals ready for that one.

https://rockingham.co.uk/supersendoff/
Old 6 Nov 2018, 14:55 (Ref:3861370)   #30
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's now a one-day meeting on Saturday 24th. Provisional timetable:

https://barc.blob.core.windows.net/b...k-v1-fqf94.pdf
Old 6 Nov 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3861476)   #31
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Thanks for the provisional timetable Greem - I was just looking around the Rockingham & BARC websites yesterday for an update.

Tickets are only £10 from Rockingham (don't know if this will also be the gate price) so it seems like a bit of a bargain priced send-off.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3861675)   #32
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
It's looking to also be the best attended meeting in terms of marshals in years, perhaps unsurprisingly. Having spent several meetings a year since 2009 with only myself and a radio to talk to (and the occasional driver!), we're looking like having multiple people in every role on every post round the circuit
Old 21 Nov 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3864850)   #33
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Entry list now released for the meeting. Not bad for the saloons, sports/GTs and one hour race, but only 8 for the single seaters.

https://barc.blob.core.windows.net/b...ogam-lx52c.pdf
Old 22 Nov 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3865030)   #34
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any word on what cars are being demonstrated?
Old 25 Nov 2018, 20:24 (Ref:3865838)   #35
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Not a bad turnout for the last meeting, both of spectators & marshals despite the cold & wind. The last grid of the era...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockingham - the last grid (1).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	52257
I'll miss Rockingham, but I certainly won't miss climbing all the staris to get to the top of the grandstand!
Old 25 Nov 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3865841)   #36
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
There were over 100 names on the sign-on sheets yesterday morning! I was out at post 15, where the Steel Straight starts to head to Gracelands.

It was cold, it was damp, the track was greasy as anything in the morning but the drivers put on a good show and (on my post at least) we spent the day laughing our heads off, making jokes about the "last X in the last Y at the last meeting at Rockingham"

In the end, the last car to cross the line in the last race was a BRSCC Clerk of the Course - he wasn't trying to be last but he did have basically the slowest car of the that session, so winning definitely wasn't on the cards.

Emotions spilled over as we signed off, there were a lot of tears and a lot of people walking off to have quiet time on their own.

Tata, Rockingham, it's been fun.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 10:03 (Ref:3865997)   #37
snailpace85
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
snailpace85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nicely said, thanks Greem -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
There were over 100 names on the sign-on sheets yesterday morning! I was out at post 15, where the Steel Straight starts to head to Gracelands.

It was cold, it was damp, the track was greasy as anything in the morning but the drivers put on a good show and (on my post at least) we spent the day laughing our heads off, making jokes about the "last X in the last Y at the last meeting at Rockingham"

In the end, the last car to cross the line in the last race was a BRSCC Clerk of the Course - he wasn't trying to be last but he did have basically the slowest car of the that session, so winning definitely wasn't on the cards.

Emotions spilled over as we signed off, there were a lot of tears and a lot of people walking off to have quiet time on their own.

Tata, Rockingham, it's been fun.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3866054)   #38
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Tata, Rockingham, it's been fun.[/QUOTE]

We're @ this weeks rally and I guess that'll be the same.
Old 26 Nov 2018, 13:28 (Ref:3866056)   #39
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You've got to be joking right? I used to race this track on the old TOCA Playstation games.

Such a shame another track is relegated to the pages of history.