Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Aug 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3843738)   #151
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Great battle between Marquez and Lorenzo, just wait till they are on the same bike next season, it's going to be close!
It will certainly be "interesting" but will Jorge do what he did when he went to Ducati ? and take a time to get used to the bike ?
On the other hand Marquez will be as determined as ever to prove he is "top dog" and it might well get to the stage when Lorenzo and Rossi were at loggerheads at Yamaha
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Aug 2018, 23:55 (Ref:3843927)   #152
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have "strung" a few bits of video together that I have taken at the Almeria circuit from loads that I have taken at various times, just to show you what it's like if you have never been there.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmx-ASSx9GQ

One main thing, they don't get any complaints about noise
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Aug 2018, 02:43 (Ref:3844391)   #153
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I have "strung" a few bits of video together that I have taken at the Almeria circuit from loads that I have taken at various times, just to show you what it's like if you have never been there.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmx-ASSx9GQ

One main thing, they don't get any complaints about noise
Looks great. Like a club racing circuit in the old days, but a bunch safer.

Do they ask everyone present to drive around and clean the sand off the circuit before they begin testing ?

Will they allow you to hire and use the track?
Track day business and holiday centre is looking good.
Old 19 Aug 2018, 09:30 (Ref:3844572)   #154
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Michelin actually own the track and had it built as a test facility in the early 70s. I've no idea how much it cost to hire the circuit but the cost to individual riders on track days is very reasonable. Since I have been going there it has grown outwards and now incorporates another separate race circuit and various off road tracks for testing all sorts of vehicles.
I just go up there and take "pot luck" but mostly it's corporate days for motorcycles and occasionally cars on the actual original tarmac circuit with a lot of "born again" bikers reliving their "yoof" ! The winter testing for the various championships can be "locked down" but I normally find a way in.

This is from their blurb.
In order to ensure customer satisfaction and safety, Michelin must evaluate the performance of its products on test tracks. Its Centre d’Expériences Michelin AlmerÃ*a (CEMA) experimentation center in Almeria, southern Spain occupies 4,500 hectares in a beautiful desert area with the lowest rainfall in Europe. Michelin decided to integrate preservation of this area as a core objective of its presence in the region, proving that technology and ecology can go hand-in-hand.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3845808)   #155
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well baring it p*****g hard this weekend any guesses who will be on the top of the podium in Moto 1 this weekend ? Perhaps we might have a British winner ? I have narrowed it down to 3 candidates but you never know if the skies decide to open
Old 24 Aug 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3845853)   #156
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great live programme on FB by the BT sport crew, F1 could really learn a lesson from this. Take the sport to the fans - love MotoGP.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/btsport/posts/
Old 24 Aug 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3845874)   #157
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Great live programme on FB by the BT sport crew, F1 could really learn a lesson from this. Take the sport to the fans - love MotoGP.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/btsport/posts/
Yes I watched it on BT sport, all the practice has been live all day as well.
It's not often that I praise BT as I have had nothing but aggro from them for the last 3 years, but on this occasion
Old 25 Aug 2018, 19:08 (Ref:3846040)   #158
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Lorenzo on pole in mixed conditions. It's amazing what confidence can do to this guy. Honda knows what to do now, give Lorenzo a bike he can be confident with and he can beat anyone. Perhaps even Marquez.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3846049)   #159
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Lorenzo on pole in mixed conditions. It's amazing what confidence can do to this guy. Honda knows what to do now, give Lorenzo a bike he can be confident with and he can beat anyone. Perhaps even Marquez.
If he can learn how to do those "trick" low side saves he might, however he may find that the Honda is a bit more of a handful than he thinks !
Whatever it will liven the 2019 series up
Old 25 Aug 2018, 21:59 (Ref:3846053)   #160
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So whats the story then? Silverstone drop the ball? The resurfacing contractors screw up? Or Moto GP Twitter working its self up over nothing?
Old 26 Aug 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3846127)   #161
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ducati 1-2. Can they keep it in the race? We'll see. Would shake things up further
Old 26 Aug 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3846136)   #162
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
It's all going to be down to what team sets the bike up for the conditions that prevail or that can change as the race goes on. I think that it could be anyone out of a half a dozen, and not necessarily a works team
That's if they actually race at all as it's not looking good at the moment !!
Old 26 Aug 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3846325)   #163
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
MotoGP race director Mike Webb said the cancellation of the British Grand Prix was because Silverstone's new-for-2018 asphalt was not safe enough to race under wet conditions.
In an attempt to get rid of long-standing bumps and give the circuit layout a consistent asphalt, Silverstone was resurfaced in its entirety for the first time since 1996 at the start of this year.
But multiple MotoGP riders complained the bumps were no better when British GP running kicked off on Friday.
When rain started falling during practice four on Saturday, several riders crashed at Stowe - including Tito Rabat, who broke his leg as he was struck by Franco Morbidelli's bike.
The race then had to be cancelled outright due to persistent rain on Sunday.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 10:03 (Ref:3846492)   #164
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What a downer, shame for everyone. Big shame they can't do what they did with Qatar and just move it to Monday. Ah well
Old 27 Aug 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3846590)   #165
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That ought to be the end of that dump holding a GP race you hope.

Mate of mine had to pay £35 to park his car.

That is enough for me never to even contemplate supporting this event, that is borderline inhumane in my opinion, pathetic.
Old 10 Sep 2018, 02:22 (Ref:3849129)   #166
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Misano was a good race.

Dovi eventually cleared off and left Jorge and Marquez to have a race long duel, then Jorge fell off on the penultimate lap, leaving second place to Marquez with a lonely third going to Crutchlow and fourth to Rins on the Suzuki.

Pity Miller fell off early in the race just after being shuffled back to fourth.

Enjoyable race, but not as much action of some of the earlier races.
Old 10 Sep 2018, 03:41 (Ref:3849133)   #167
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
That's putting it mildly.

The account and video of someone "adjusting" his competitor's brake made AutoWeek's report over here.
Old 10 Sep 2018, 07:29 (Ref:3849144)   #168
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
The TV coverage did get a bit boring after the start but fair play to Dovi who was the man on the day, obviously it was good to see Cal finish on the podium after being "given" the place, but that's racing.

What was a more exciting race was Troy Corser riding the wheels off of an 80 year old solid framed BMW to beat all the more "modern" stuff at Goodwood !!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llMFtQb4lLs
Old 10 Sep 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3849153)   #169
S griffin
Veteran

So Fenati's been given a two race ban for grabbing his rivals brake lever. In the past we've seen red mist moments with riders giving the elbow or kicking out which deserve sanction. But to grab a rival's brake lever down the straight? Beyond stupid

Anyway well done Dovi on another win and well done Cal for coming third, but Marquez still consistent as ever
Old 10 Sep 2018, 10:31 (Ref:3849163)   #170
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
What was a more exciting race was Troy Corser riding the wheels off of an 80 year old solid framed BMW to beat all the more "modern" stuff at Goodwood !!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llMFtQb4lLs
Yes, I was lucky and caught it live. Was a very impressive ride, and his slowing down lap pretty cool as well- standing on the pegs most of the way round waving....

Regarding the Moto2 two race ban for grabbing another riders brake lever- that in my book is ridiculously lenient. Suggested on the news this morning that the guilty rider has previous form as well?
Old 10 Sep 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3849189)   #171
S griffin
Veteran

Well he already was dropped by VR46 for his behaviour in Moto3. Should have acted as a warning for him, but obviously not
Old 10 Sep 2018, 13:57 (Ref:3849192)   #172
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, I was lucky and caught it live. Was a very impressive ride, and his slowing down lap pretty cool as well- standing on the pegs most of the way round waving....

Regarding the Moto2 two race ban for grabbing another riders brake lever- that in my book is ridiculously lenient. Suggested on the news this morning that the guilty rider has previous form as well?
Fenati is guility, he makes our people angry. He definitely cannot continue his racing career.
Old 10 Sep 2018, 15:01 (Ref:3849203)   #173
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He was sacked from VR46 for whacking a team member as I remember and has numerous incidents in the past.

In Italy a rider was actually pursued through court for doing this.
Old 10 Sep 2018, 15:34 (Ref:3849212)   #174
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is Official: Fenati is being sacked by MV Agusta and the Forward Racing Team
Old 10 Sep 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3849216)   #175
S griffin
Veteran

No surprises there. What team is he supposed to join next season?