Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 15 Aug 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3843864)   #551
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Geoblock is the biggest problem. Even after the poor broadcasting you can not see the full monty!
Old 16 Aug 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3843977)   #552
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The introduction of electric rallycross has been deferred until 2021:

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...-more-time-for
Old 16 Aug 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3844008)   #553
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgive the double post, but it looks like we might see an OMSE Civic on track in Europe before the end of the year:

https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...59366/?nrt=210
Old 16 Aug 2018, 18:04 (Ref:3844064)   #554
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, the electric "rallycross" will be with in basic all the same cars.
How.
Very.
Excit.....
Old 16 Aug 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3844065)   #555
Marcopolo
Rookie

Marcopolo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl View Post
So, the electric "rallycross" will be with in basic all the same cars.
How.
Very.
Excit.....

Same chassis and a common battery supply is in no way the same cars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 16 Aug 2018, 18:58 (Ref:3844079)   #556
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
I'm sorry, some will of course have different decals, or the same decals on different places. I forgot. I will bet that the average body will look very similar to a 2018/19 Fiesta. Given a fixed measurement of the chassis, it makes no sense to change bodyshape more then a few centimeters, which you won't notice. With a Aston Martin/Lada/Duesenberg badge to promote the sponsor. And obesity providing sugarwater decal.

Max power is also regulated, and do you think there will be more then 1 electric motor supplier? I bet delay is for the 'tender' of precisely these motors. FIA/IMG can't find the supplier who's willing to pay a very big bill to participate yet. Just a guess of course, but it's a commercial enterprise now, nothing to do with sport.
Old 16 Aug 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3844096)   #557
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
science.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE0PLr9gEeE
Can Dish Soap Stop a 600hp AWD Rallycross Car from Launching??
Old 17 Aug 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3844206)   #558
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The death knell I am afraid. If it wasnt dying already.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3845261)   #559
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
The introduction of electric rallycross has been deferred until 2021:

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...-more-time-for
So there were less than 4 manufacturers interested.

With so many spec parts the cars aren't very interesting.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 20:17 (Ref:3845272)   #560
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Loeb really threw away a win in the semi final in Canada. Yet another win to you know who
Old 22 Aug 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3845335)   #561
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Loeb really threw away a win in the semi final in Canada. Yet another win to you know who
Yeah, a missed opportunity for Loeb. I still think that Timmy should have had at least one this year as well.

Johan is definitely a deserving Champion, I just wish he wasn't making it look so effortless!
Old 23 Aug 2018, 18:58 (Ref:3845608)   #562
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its not him

Not that I would know!,, If you had 20 million spent on your car, you would probably look that good too
Old 23 Aug 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3845622)   #563
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ignore the hater, people
Old 24 Aug 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3845703)   #564
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Ignore the hater, people
Ignoring negative Chunder posts is an unwritten rule of this forum, isn't it?

There is no doubt the Polo is an absolute weapon, but Kristoffersson is the right driver in the right car. Look at how Solberg is doing in comparison, yeah he is quick, but he isn't unbeatable.

As I said, I think he is a deserving Champion and I am glad to see a young driver with family roots in rallycross winning rather than a big name who has just started dabbling in the sport coming in and taking the title. Unlike last year I think there are at least two drivers who are clearly capable of matching his pace: but they are yet to match his consistency.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3845730)   #565
S griffin
Veteran

Ekstrom though has been a big disappointment this season. How many results has he thrown away through incidents so far?
Old 24 Aug 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3845840)   #566
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
But wouldnt it be better if there were more than one guy winning?

It doesnt help anyone, Petter was only winning in cars he built around his style. in this car he is getting beat by a kid with no track record of winning anything, (whose Dad owns or helps to fund the team lol)
Old 26 Aug 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3846348)   #567
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Ekstrom though has been a big disappointment this season. How many results has he thrown away through incidents so far?
Yeah. Viewed as individual incidents I would say it was just hard racing but, considering everything, I think Ekstrom looks like he is trying too hard this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
But wouldnt it be better if there were more than one guy winning?
Of course: that goes without saying! As I said previously, what I find most frustrating this year is that I think at least one other car is capable of challenging the Polo: but many seem to be struggling with consistency (and arguably luck) this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It doesnt help anyone, Petter was only winning in cars he built around his style. in this car he is getting beat by a kid with no track record of winning anything, (whose Dad owns or helps to fund the team lol)
I personally don't think Petter has seemed as comfortable in the Polo. As you say it seemed to work better when he was racing cars built around him. Other than a few odd rounds (most notable Lydden last year), he hasn't looked as consistently competitive to me.

I wouldn't agree with your appraisal of Johan though. He hasn't got a huge track record, but he did win the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship a few years ago (and I think he is leading the Championship again this year).

In other news Jerome Grosses-Janin has quit GCK:

I wonder what has happened there? Real shame for GCK as, in my opinion, he was the biggest talent behind the wheel.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 19:15 (Ref:3846364)   #568
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kristoffersson drives a lot of different things though and probably has the most amount of time in a seat along with Loeb. STCC (TCR and the old regs) and Porsche Carrera Cup in Sweden, Rally Sweden, V8 Supercars in Italy a few years (which he also won once) etc.

He was a former talent in country skiing also so his physical status is very good. Bryntesson for example was a former talent as well and Loeb was a gymnast.

Add to that support from Even Management and Erik Veiby (filthy rich). A friend of mine even said that without Veiby Kristoffersson may not have been where he is today. Anyways, Kristoffersson got good support and the opportunity to drive different cars, and he certainly lives up to it in my view.

JGJ had to pay big money in order to drive for GCK. But I also wonder what might have happened.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3846491)   #569
S griffin
Veteran

Doran will replace JGJ
Old 27 Aug 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3846510)   #570
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking forward to seeing how well Doran does. If he were a cat, he'd have exhausted his 9 lives by now but I hope he seizes this opportunity and puts in a mature and solid display. Obviously I prefer Jordan to do well but Liam is a talented racer there's no denying that. He might just get a bit more out of that car.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 20:22 (Ref:3846598)   #571
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Doran

Are you kidding me?

I hope to God he is useless.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3846614)   #572
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Kristoffersson drives a lot of different things though and probably has the most amount of time in a seat along with Loeb. STCC (TCR and the old regs) and Porsche Carrera Cup in Sweden, Rally Sweden, V8 Supercars in Italy a few years (which he also won once) etc.

He was a former talent in country skiing also so his physical status is very good. Bryntesson for example was a former talent as well and Loeb was a gymnast.

Add to that support from Even Management and Erik Veiby (filthy rich). A friend of mine even said that without Veiby Kristoffersson may not have been where he is today. Anyways, Kristoffersson got good support and the opportunity to drive different cars, and he certainly lives up to it in my view.

JGJ had to pay big money in order to drive for GCK. But I also wonder what might have happened.
Without stating the obvious can only be two things...... cash or performance
Old 27 Aug 2018, 23:07 (Ref:3846618)   #573
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Performance on whose part? Unless you are driving into walls each week, then I'd say you have to go some way to lose a drive you are paying for (which I assume he was)? Plus he seemed to be doing as well as GC. Haven't checked leaderboard though
Old 28 Aug 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3846676)   #574
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing how well Doran does. If he were a cat, he'd have exhausted his 9 lives by now but I hope he seizes this opportunity and puts in a mature and solid display. Obviously I prefer Jordan to do well but Liam is a talented racer there's no denying that. He might just get a bit more out of that car.
Yeah, fully agreed.

I like Grosset-Janin, but I did wonder if he was the right driver to push the limits (and the development) of the Megane. Liam will drive that car hard and could help push it forward.

That said, I can understand where the dislike for this decision is coming from. The way Liam has conducted himself off (and sometimes on) track has been pretty bloody awful at times. Let's hope he can keep a cool head this weekend (though I'm sure we have said that before!)

Interesting to know if this deal is for the rest of the season or just a one off drive for Loheac.
Old 28 Aug 2018, 07:21 (Ref:3846677)   #575
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Electric WRX might well be a blessing. Look at how the Supercar builders and team owners are all behind it - evert thought of why?

With manufacturers all plowing money into EVs, promotion and marketing of the series, there will be room for a Supercar class where the semi pros can compete at a reasonable budget. There will even be an entire fields worth of used and once super expensive last-year cars to seed the series. (But as always, speed costs money and deep pockets go faster.)

As for Kristofferson, he is a successful driver in several different series. He was fast in his uncompetitive old Polo, comes from a rallycross family and Solberg said he was at the top of his list for an entire year before signing him.

It's true Johan is running the risk of Schumachering the series. I really hoped Loeb would take Canada - and Timmy really deserves a break sometime soon. How is he able to consistently get so close this many times in a season? It's almost funny.