Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Dec 2017, 13:14 (Ref:3786544)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Gold Cup

HSCC annual 3 day visit to the NW.

Includes- Motor Racing Legends HTCC and Tony Dron Trophy.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 21:49 (Ref:3841223)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Looking forward to a great couple of days racing.
Taking my 2 boys for another stop over after our weekend at Thruxton 2 months ago.
Hope to see first entries out soon?
Old 5 Aug 2018, 10:18 (Ref:3841563)   #3
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Looking forward to a great couple of days racing.
Taking my 2 boys for another stop over after our weekend at Thruxton 2 months ago.
Hope to see first entries out soon?
The HSCC grids are out normally the Friday before the week before although the Motor Racing Legends grids are out before that.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 14:37 (Ref:3841854)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just received a mail from Motor Racing Legends. The HTCC/TDT will be running unsilenced. Qualifying and race is on the Monday.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3841902)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just received a mail from Motor Racing Legends. The HTCC/TDT will be running unsilenced. Qualifying and race is on the Monday.
Ahhh Man that’s awsum . The noise from your V8 is just the best . Getting excited .
Old 6 Aug 2018, 18:49 (Ref:3841909)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes me too.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3841934)   #7
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I didn't spot that race, assumed it was just normal HSCC series. Nice bonus
Old 7 Aug 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3842036)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is there usually an open test session early Saturday morning?
Old 7 Aug 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3842199)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes . Years gone by you can normally book a couple of 20 min sessions . The testing is aranged by HSCC .
Old 13 Aug 2018, 21:52 (Ref:3843483)   #10
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this event, especially the unsilenced MRL cars and hopefully a decent grid of Supertourers.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3843732)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is there an entry list yet?
Old 15 Aug 2018, 14:39 (Ref:3843788)   #12
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is there an entry list yet?
Not yet at the moment although I would imagine soon ,probably next week or soon.
Old 15 Aug 2018, 16:06 (Ref:3843819)   #13
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Park Gold Cup entry list now on HSCC website . Notable entries include Katsu Kubota and Andy Middlehurst in a Lotus 30 in the Guards Trophy and Calum Lockie in the March 717 Can Am in the Pre '80 Endurance races . The HTCC has attracted twenty five entries ( still no BMW 635s or CSLs though) while the Super Tourers have a baker's dozen entered .
Old 15 Aug 2018, 19:47 (Ref:3843876)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable: https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...rk-2018-V3.pdf

Entry list: https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...k-Gold-Cup.pdf
Old 16 Aug 2018, 08:01 (Ref:3843957)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Thanks
Old 16 Aug 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3843975)   #16
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Thanks
Ok entry althought the FE Formula Juniors is a bit low,should combine the grid,the B8 race will be interesting as will Calum Lockie in the March.Although the entry isn't final.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 01:42 (Ref:3844128)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Pretty decent entries overall i think?

Would be nice to see a few more G1 and GA cars out in MRL TCC but it's still a very good mix of cars.

Have JD Classics fallen out with MRL as they haven't entered any of their Rovers or the XJS since Domington?

Both appeared on provisional entries for Thruxton and Silverstone but were then withdrawm.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 05:41 (Ref:3844146)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Have JD Classics fallen out with MRL as they haven't entered any of their Rovers or the XJS since Domington? Both appeared on provisional entries for Thruxton and Silverstone but were then withdrawm.
Not sure what’s going on there, especially after the announcement that they are only running customers cars at Revival, and not any of their own or Jaguar’s ‘fleet’...... Maybe the change in JDC’s ownership and management structure has something to do with it?
Old 17 Aug 2018, 06:25 (Ref:3844152)   #19
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Where's all the FF1600s ? I have the same problem with the Gold Cup as I do with Donington Historic - the feeling that it's two days stretched over three . If I go Sunday it doesn't start till late but I'd like to see the Lotus 30 especially. But if I go on Monday the traffic is horrid in the evening and I will spend most of the day wishing I had been there Sunday ....

May give it a miss and spend the money at Santa Pod the following weekend for my annual fix of heavy metal thunder .....
Old 22 Aug 2018, 20:30 (Ref:3845453)   #20
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic FF's have one race on Monday so for your reasons of traffic quite a few southeners are reluctant to go, might have been different with two races but programmer/controller he say no.

Lovely event though.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3845454)   #21
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May give it a miss and spend the money at Santa Pod the following weekend for my annual fix of heavy metal thunder .....[/QUOTE]

No brainer for me - European Finals @ The Pod, especially in the dark on Friday night,
Old 23 Aug 2018, 07:07 (Ref:3845492)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes we (Iain and me) are qualifying and racing on Monday. Makes it a long day. Won't be home till midnight but hey ho, it is a great event with some very special cars.
Old 23 Aug 2018, 21:32 (Ref:3845654)   #23
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to it, in particular Monday but yes disapointed at Super tourers and HTC entry 2 Geoff Steel 635's last year I remember where are they ?
Old 24 Aug 2018, 05:54 (Ref:3845690)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy norm View Post
Looking forward to it, in particular Monday but yes disapointed at Super tourers and HTC entry 2 Geoff Steel 635's last year I remember where are they ?
It is a puzzle. Weekend after at Le Castellet, among the 49 cars entered for the Peter Auto Heritage Touring Cup race there are 7 CSLs and 7 CSis, none of which are from the UK.....
Old 26 Aug 2018, 10:28 (Ref:3846139)   #25
brands
Veteran

Forecast was grim for Sunday and sadly is correct. Glad I shot testing and qually yesterday and will watch the racing from the car at Hill top.
Tomorrow looking much better.