Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3646804)   #26
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I have a question too :
Do all the cars have direct injection now ?
PaschalLM, Porsche still running the Mezger engine (last year) which is not direct injection.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 11:27 (Ref:3646806)   #27
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
14 factory cars in GTE, that is impressive. This can be really interesting, everyone will have to go flat out all the way to be i with a chace to win. Realisticly though I think we will see a battle between the 2 AF Ferrari 488s against the 4 Fords at the front, with everyone else struggling to keep up. The 488 has been too quick in WEC this year, and Ford is clearly sandbagging. And its in the interest of ACO and FIA to see those two battle it out. I wouldnt be surpriset if those two cars are 1 second clear of everyone else both in qualifying and racepace.
I fear you may be correct about Ford and Ferrari. But don't count out Corvette. My beloved Porsche, I fear will be a back marker.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 12:39 (Ref:3646841)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Everyone else getting 5 liter fuel break except AM Corvette is most bizarre out of those. But it'll probably get changed by next week
Old 3 Jun 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3646912)   #29
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Additions to the previous:

All PRO cars
Fuel flow restrictors to be rebopped (after Test Day)

Porsche 911 (AM)
+1,7mm fuel flow restrictor

Aston Martin Vantage GTE (AM)
Size of the gurney decreased by 15mm

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (AM)

Size of the gurney decreased by 25mm
Old 3 Jun 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3646941)   #30
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Perhaps we can keep this within a single discussion. This category will be the one I will be most interested. Perhaps the best GT field at Le Mans since 1998. Who do you think will win? Who will you cheer for?

I will cheer for any of the IMSA or U.S. based teams which I consider to be the P&M Corvettes, 2 factory Porsches, Risi Ferrari, Scuderia Corse Ferrari and the 4 Fords. Certainly a big "No" to AF Corse and Aston Martin.
I was told that the 2 factory Porsches are different chassis from the IMSA cars and other than similar drivers, there is very little carryover from the IMSA program there. If your goal is to root for American cars/entries, the factory Porsches aren't it.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3646947)   #31
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
A non-engineer replies: A minus signifies a reduction in the diameter of the restrictor, thus making the hole smaller.
You mean 'a reduction in the diameter of the opening in the restrictor', to be more precise? Presumably the external dimensions are unchanged.

When people say 'larger restrictor', my mind jumps to a physically larger contraption, with a smaller opening, passing less air through. But that's not what they mean. It's rather counter-intuitive, a 'larger restrictor' is a physically smaller object.
Old 5 Jun 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3647455)   #32
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Fast laps with ALL 14 GTE Pro cars within 2 seconds on a giant track like Le Mans? Uh yeah...no doubt its sandbagging. Nobody wanted to intentionally go below 3 min 55 I'm sure. This test taught us nothing about how GT is going to play out.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 10:53 (Ref:3647643)   #33
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Great job by Nick Catsburg, come on and sign him up for the race Larbre!
Old 8 Jun 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3648286)   #34
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Fast laps with ALL 14 GTE Pro cars within 2 seconds on a giant track like Le Mans? Uh yeah...no doubt its sandbagging. Nobody wanted to intentionally go below 3 min 55 I'm sure. This test taught us nothing about how GT is going to play out.
Expect Ford to be blindingly quick. The pre-test they did at Road America had some very quick laps put in.. while I have no idea what spec it was in, it would have obliterated the GTE pole from 2015. And, as we all know, you don't gain anything testing out of spec other than if stressing components. The gamesmanship they've played has been incredible. P1 will set itself up as the day goes on, but GTE? It's going to be a 1920's, bare knuckled fight for the duration unless something bizarre happens.

Last edited by MoMedic9019; 8 Jun 2016 at 19:28.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 8 Jun 2016, 19:56 (Ref:3648293)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm with you on that. I think they will outpace all the GTE opposition - as much as they need to. Their enemy will be reliability. If they have that, I think one of them will win it.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 20:07 (Ref:3648305)   #36
Deleted
Veteran

What Gavin said in the RLM interview was likely the most accurate, we have never seen Ford's true pace except at that brief moment during Daytona night.

And Corvette must be banging their heads to the wall for accidentally being fastest at the Test, they have probably been constantly logging on to their email and fearing the arrival of BoP penalty bag notice ever since Sunday evening.

I lolled hard when one of the announcers, don't remember which one but anyway, said that they could now go full on speed and not having to fear adjustments anymore. Lol yeah right.

And also the argument that you absolutely wouldn't purposefully put datalogger-deceiving crap settings on your car in order to get better BoP, because then you would lose valuable test time. Hah, some teams didn't even bother to do the test day some years ago, and in any case there's over 10 hours of prerace sessions left. It's more valuable to get 20kg off and +0,2mm air restrictor or whatever rather than to find some data by testing which can perhaps theoretically give you minor advantage, and which the factory teams pretty much have in their databanks already anyway through prior experience (or as said they can still catch up on weeks time). Plus, even with purposefully crap sandbag settings you would still get the routine stint stuff out of the way

Last edited by Deleted; 8 Jun 2016 at 20:18.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 21:23 (Ref:3648337)   #37
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm with you on that. I think they will outpace all the GTE opposition - as much as they need to. Their enemy will be reliability. If they have that, I think one of them will win it.
They will go as fast as they need to with much in reserve. If the times I saw at the test are any indication, I'd bet that that Ford will be four + seconds faster than the test times.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 8 Jun 2016, 21:30 (Ref:3648338)   #38
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
They will go as fast as they need to with much in reserve. If the times I saw at the test are any indication, I'd bet that that Ford will be four + seconds faster than the test times.
3:51-52?

LOL right.

They could've been running with anything in that Road America test, 1150kg weight and no air restrictors and empty tanks and illegal parts. Also did you see the time, or clocked it yourself?
Old 8 Jun 2016, 23:39 (Ref:3648354)   #39
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
3:51-52?

LOL right.

They could've been running with anything in that Road America test, 1150kg weight and no air restrictors and empty tanks and illegal parts. Also did you see the time, or clocked it yourself?
I'm thinking 3:53's

Clocked myself, but have confirmed with a journo that knows and I wasn't far off. Quicker than the 2015 test by a small bit.. fast lap then was a 2:05 or so. Goodwin said today on MWM that he thinks Quali times will be 3-4 seconds quicker than test day. Testing out of specs will get you nothing in terms of data.... you are just wasting track time and money.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 05:17 (Ref:3648373)   #40
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Vette driver Garcia thinks record setting pace will be seen. I predicted mid-high 3:52's for pole based on the test day. I think they'll be at least 2 or 3 seconds faster.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3648418)   #41
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think too that the qualifying pace in GTE-PRO will be under 3'54", with tires that go with.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 09:44 (Ref:3648421)   #42
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it is anyones race in GTE Pro.

Ferrari should be favourites judging by their pace at Spa but Corvette were not there.

The Larbre car showed good pace at Spa however making up for Q disasters in the race.

I doubt Ford are sandbagging although they said at Spa that "it is all about Le Man".

Any thoughts on the Larbre driving squad at Le Man?
Old 9 Jun 2016, 10:14 (Ref:3648425)   #43
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Catsburg wont drive for Larbre unless he brings money. It sounds like GM want him in the seat but Jack Leonte would prefer Belloc because theyve got history and Belloc has money. I can see why Leconte prefers Belloc, the money is needed. Its a shame that it comes down to this.

It would be nice if GM smoothed the way for Catsburg and greased some palms but that makes too much sense so that wont happen. With him in the car anything is possible. Nothing against Belloc but Catsburg is in another league.

Last edited by rich07; 9 Jun 2016 at 10:22.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3648528)   #44
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Are the there as many as 7 GTLM's chassis that were shipped over from the IMSA series running this race? I wonder if the 91 and 92 Porsches are the cars that were ran at Laguna Seca by Porsche. Same for the 68 and 69 Fords, and 82 Ferrari 488. I know for sure the Corvettes are the same ones.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 19:01 (Ref:3648538)   #45
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More BoP: http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...ro-at-le-mans/
Old 9 Jun 2016, 19:09 (Ref:3648540)   #46
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A weight break for the Ford?

I've been wondering... does anyone take this class seriously?
Old 9 Jun 2016, 19:12 (Ref:3648541)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
And Corvette must be banging their heads to the wall for accidentally being fastest at the Test, they have probably been constantly logging on to their email and fearing the arrival of BoP penalty bag notice ever since Sunday evening.

I lolled hard when one of the announcers, don't remember which one but anyway, said that they could now go full on speed and not having to fear adjustments anymore. Lol yeah right.

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (PRO)
-0,3mm air restrictor

Aston Martin Vantage GTE (PRO)
-10kg
-0,2mm air restrictor
+2L fuel
Change of aero kit

Ford GTE (PRO)
-5kg
+3L fuel

Ferrari 488 GTE (PRO)
-3L fuel

Porsche 911
(PRO)
+5kg

Porsche 911 (AM)
- Bigger refueling restrictor

+ of course all the changes made last week for the Test day that didn't get fiddled with this time round

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
A weight break for the Ford?

I've been wondering... does anyone take this class seriously?
No it's more retarded than NASCAR Trucks going for the caution clock.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 19:50 (Ref:3648551)   #48
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
How on earth do they justify a weight break for the Fords? I'm guessing this is the last change they can do too, so Ford really have stitched everyone up good and proper.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3648553)   #49
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
How on earth do they justify a weight break for the Fords? I'm guessing this is the last change they can do too, so Ford really have stitched everyone up good and proper.
It is, and they did.

The way Ford has gone about this program has been nothing short of impressive....with that in mind.

I want all four cars to be in the hunt at hour 23. Then all have some massive reliability issue that takes all of them out, setting up a victory by the Risi Ferrari to set up a new Ferrari versus Ford story for 2017.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 20:01 (Ref:3648555)   #50
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
How on earth do they justify a weight break for the Fords?.
The same way the justify everything nowadays