Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jun 2016, 23:48 (Ref:3648595)   #576
vorspringing
Rookie

vorspringing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks! The only person I know with a car isn't arriving until Friday. I don't suppose I could find someone on here with an extra space? I'm a first timer so don't know a lot of folks on the ground yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10 Jun 2016, 07:02 (Ref:3648643)   #577
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We tend not to meet up as such until Saturday, but usually we bump into each other on Wednesday and Thursday. If you're camping there may be people here on the same campsite?
Old 10 Jun 2016, 09:11 (Ref:3648667)   #578
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorspringing View Post
Thanks! The only person I know with a car isn't arriving until Friday. I don't suppose I could find someone on here with an extra space? I'm a first timer so don't know a lot of folks on the ground yet.

Which camp site are you in?

Sean
Old 10 Jun 2016, 10:20 (Ref:3648675)   #579
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If you are in TR i am sure that if we go round the track on Wednesday we could fit you in, probably not doing thursday as we will be waiting the arrival of some more of our party
Old 10 Jun 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3648698)   #580
vorspringing
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Which camp site are you in?

Sean

I have a flat share just outside the track, didn't think I was up to camping on my own.

Hannah

Old 10 Jun 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3648708)   #581
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well if you manage to get into Tertre Rouge camp site there are a few of us in there, look out for a dark blue daimler (like a jaguar but posher) or ask someone if they know Simon (GT6) we are usually camped against the motorway way straight over from the main enterance to the site. Our group is mixed but my daughter will not get down until late thursday. Easiest person to recognise is Kevin, He is about 6 ft 5 will a disabled stick never goes far from the viewing outside the enterance over looking the Esses/run down from dunlop.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3648719)   #582
vorspringing
Rookie

I'll come look for you all, thanks!

Old 10 Jun 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3648721)   #583
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I'll come look for you all, thanks!

Ok Hannah, hope to see you around on Wednesday
Old 13 Jun 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3649477)   #584
Piritos
Rookie

Hungary
Piritos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys,

I have a question about camping sites. I bought one camping ticket to Beausejour back in January for €57. I won't take a vehicle because I'll use public transport to get there. So I'll just have a tent.
The question is, it turned out that a friend of mine also comes to the race and we would stay in the same tent. Is the ticket also valid for him, or should he buy a ticket for himself? So is the ticket for person, or for tent?

If every single spectator has to buy a camping ticket for themselves, is it possible that my friend gets a ticket to Beausejour now, a few days before the race?? Or is it possible to pay for that at the campsite? How does it work?

Basic point is, he wouldn't need extra place, he would stay in my tent, is it possible?

Thank you in advance.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 20:45 (Ref:3649482)   #585
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piritos View Post
Hi guys,

I have a question about camping sites. I bought one camping ticket to Beausejour back in January for €57. I won't take a vehicle because I'll use public transport to get there. So I'll just have a tent.
The question is, it turned out that a friend of mine also comes to the race and we would stay in the same tent. Is the ticket also valid for him, or should he buy a ticket for himself? So is the ticket for person, or for tent?

If every single spectator has to buy a camping ticket for themselves, is it possible that my friend gets a ticket to Beausejour now, a few days before the race?? Or is it possible to pay for that at the campsite? How does it work?

Basic point is, he wouldn't need extra place, he would stay in my tent, is it possible?

Thank you in advance.
posted answer on who's going thread, but agree with whitemr2
Old 16 Jun 2016, 11:53 (Ref:3650439)   #586
vorspringing
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Ok Hannah, hope to see you around on Wednesday
Sadly I got in very late - my luggage is apparently on strike someplace inside CDG and will follow me here at an undetermined point in the future so I've just had to go shopping on Delta's/Air France's Euro for necessities. Hope to see you all at the meetup if not before, I'll try to stop by the campsite.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 20 Jun 2016, 09:23 (Ref:3653777)   #587
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Sadly I got in very late - my luggage is apparently on strike someplace inside CDG and will follow me here at an undetermined point in the future so I've just had to go shopping on Delta's/Air France's Euro for necessities. Hope to see you all at the meetup if not before, I'll try to stop by the campsite.

Sorry we did not meet up this year but suspect this year will not be your last trip
Old 20 Jun 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3653812)   #588
vorspringing
Rookie

Quote:
Sorry we did not meet up this year but suspect this year will not be your last trip
Without question - the whole luggage thing made me miss more than I'd like, and I never did get to Arnage, or the Welcome, or a dozen other things. Next time.

Old 6 Jul 2016, 08:44 (Ref:3657216)   #589
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought I'd add to this thread from a rookie perspective. I read most of this thread and it did help. We camped with Travel Destinations and those guys were great. Always friendly, kept the place clean, decent bathrooms, two places to get food, TV's to watch the race, and our own spectating area. Though we never did get any of that special Spitfire Ale they promised. They did have great bacon and sausage baguettes though.

We didn't have reserved seats and that was fine by us. We went up to the start line for the support race and stayed for the start of the big race since it was a good spot on the steps by pit out. We worked our way to Tetre Rouge then realized the long trip we had to get back to P Curves but it was fine. The trams, as most suggested, weren't too reliable. Went up into the tribunes for quali which was a cool spot and got some good photos. Also went to Arnage and Indianapolis for night quali which was a fantastic spot as you all said. It did poor down rain for the first 45 min or so but once they got going, it was great. We did drive over there as the walk at night would have been rough as there's no sidewalks and the ditches were full of water. Thought about going back during the race but didn't. Didn't quite stay awake for the whole thing but only slept about 4ish hours. We listened to RLM almost the whole time but I still feel like I missed a lot. It was all over so fast. We stuck around to the end but didn't go up to the trophy celebration.
Went to the Classic British Welcome on Friday as well as the LM museum but didn't go to the parade or pit walk. Not sure if I can afford to go again next year but I'm sure I'll get back sometime.
Old 6 Jul 2016, 18:30 (Ref:3657312)   #590
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It sounds as though you did really well. Don't worry too much about feeling that you missed a lot, I've been doing this for 31 years and I still feel like that when I get back home every year. My son was a rookie this year too and, like you, he was determined to do as much as he could. We did scrutineering and he even got us to drop him into town (and pick him up again) for the parade. I was secretly really pleased. I knew he wouldn't be bored because he's a total petrol head who spends all day working on Ferraris. One of the best bits is some video he took on Tuesday when we drove a lap and stopped to have a close look at the new scenery at Indianapolis/Arnage. On the video he's describing how the cars go into the corner and the car noises he's making are priceless! He really threw himself into it, and (no surprise here), he wants to come back next year......
Old 7 Jul 2016, 02:36 (Ref:3657404)   #591
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing I didn't see mentioned here but we found was Mad Friday. We saw people setting up early on Friday with lawn chairs on the road into the circuit near P Curves and wondered what they were doing. When we got back to that area around 3 or 4, the drunks were in full form egging on the passers by to rev it up and do burn outs. The cops didn't seem to care in the least. That would never fly in the States.
Old 7 Jul 2016, 04:38 (Ref:3657424)   #592
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
One thing I didn't see mentioned here but we found was Mad Friday. We saw people setting up early on Friday with lawn chairs on the road into the circuit near P Curves and wondered what they were doing. When we got back to that area around 3 or 4, the drunks were in full form egging on the passers by to rev it up and do burn outs. The cops didn't seem to care in the least. That would never fly in the States.
to be honest, 20 years ago this event was quite fun with people turning up with motorised arm chairs and all very good natured, but it decended into a very ugly event, Not been in a long time, but the drunks and sometimes evil idiots started to spray people with urin, break glass under car tyres, throw bottles and the violent elements made it very unpleasent, best avoided at all cost and never take a car anywhere near it unless you want it ruined and a good chance you could end up in the hands of the local police if you loss control and hurt someone.
Old 7 Jul 2016, 12:20 (Ref:3657482)   #593
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
to be honest, 20 years ago this event was quite fun with people turning up with motorised arm chairs and all very good natured, but it decended into a very ugly event, Not been in a long time, but the drunks and sometimes evil idiots started to spray people with urin, break glass under car tyres, throw bottles and the violent elements made it very unpleasent, best avoided at all cost and never take a car anywhere near it unless you want it ruined and a good chance you could end up in the hands of the local police if you loss control and hurt someone.
True, when I started 11 years ago it was all harmless and fun, now it is all about idiots 'hurting' other peoples and cars.
Most terrible thing, the police is looking at it and does nothing.
Old 7 Jul 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3657524)   #594
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
True, when I started 11 years ago it was all harmless and fun, now it is all about idiots 'hurting' other peoples and cars.
Most terrible thing, the police is looking at it and does nothing.
Well two years ago I remember the police came in full riot gear to break up the Mad Friday at Maison Blanche. Why they did nothing this year is a question to me, perhaps the resources where spent else where? (Football/General Security)
Old 8 Jul 2016, 10:52 (Ref:3657647)   #595
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thought I'd add to this thread from a rookie perspective. I read most of this thread and it did help. We camped with Travel Destinations and those guys were great. Always friendly, kept the place clean, decent bathrooms, two places to get food, TV's to watch the race, and our own spectating area. Though we never did get any of that special Spitfire Ale they promised. They did have great bacon and sausage baguettes though.

We didn't have reserved seats and that was fine by us. We went up to the start line for the support race and stayed for the start of the big race since it was a good spot on the steps by pit out. We worked our way to Tetre Rouge then realized the long trip we had to get back to P Curves but it was fine. The trams, as most suggested, weren't too reliable. Went up into the tribunes for quali which was a cool spot and got some good photos. Also went to Arnage and Indianapolis for night quali which was a fantastic spot as you all said. It did poor down rain for the first 45 min or so but once they got going, it was great. We did drive over there as the walk at night would have been rough as there's no sidewalks and the ditches were full of water. Thought about going back during the race but didn't. Didn't quite stay awake for the whole thing but only slept about 4ish hours. We listened to RLM almost the whole time but I still feel like I missed a lot. It was all over so fast. We stuck around to the end but didn't go up to the trophy celebration.
Went to the Classic British Welcome on Friday as well as the LM museum but didn't go to the parade or pit walk. Not sure if I can afford to go again next year but I'm sure I'll get back sometime.
RX - nice post. I did the same thing as you when my son and I attended our first Le Mans in 2014 - read this entire thread and ask questions - everyone at Ten Tenths is very helpful! We attended our second race this years race. Like you, felt that we missed alot - but still had a great time. One of our goals was to try to do things that we were not able to do in 2014. We made it down to Arnage and Mulsanne corner. We attended the parade in 2014 so this year we went into town for dinner on Friday and sat next to a group of guys from Denmark and had a great discussion over dinner. Was that parade better this year with the shorter route? In 2014 it felt too drawn out. We also made it on the track for the podium celebration - but as we waited behind the gate - we missed seeing the dramatic finish!
Old 16 Nov 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3688500)   #596
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How do you get to the inside of the start of the Porsche Curves (opp Travel Destinations camp site)?

Do you have to go down the external road that runs between the circuit and the airfield or can you do it from inside the track?

I have been meaning to get down there every year but have never managed it.
Old 16 Nov 2016, 14:41 (Ref:3688533)   #597
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
How do you get to the inside of the start of the Porsche Curves (opp Travel Destinations camp site)?

Do you have to go down the external road that runs between the circuit and the airfield or can you do it from inside the track?

I have been meaning to get down there every year but have never managed it.
I think this is where we went last year. Walk down the road and when you come to a turning on the right take that, under the track. Just after there was a path on the right which goes up past some allotments, at the top of that you turn right and get to the banks above the track. Probably took us about 20 minutes to walk and gives a good view.

Sorry I cannot do the clever map showing trick others can

Sean
Old 16 Nov 2016, 14:52 (Ref:3688536)   #598
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
The path is in between the house with the four big white dogs and the big garden, right?
Old 16 Nov 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3688554)   #599
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It has changed in 2016. It used to be a small path just after the tunnel under the track. Now it is at the first exit in the roundabout, where you go into a campsite and follow the road around. If you do it by foot, it is some distance longer.
I have updated my map with the route:
Le Mans Map
Old 17 Nov 2016, 16:46 (Ref:3688881)   #600
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks!
Closed Thread