Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 6 Feb 2018, 20:14 (Ref:3799096)   #91
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Do not overrate me. Great music (currently listening to Nitty Gritty Dirt Band), great cars (muscle cars and pickup trucks) and motorsport culture but for the rest not everything shines in the US of A...
What are you talking about, man? Everything is going great over here.

Old 6 Feb 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3799106)   #92
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Do not overrate me. Great music (currently listening to Nitty Gritty Dirt Band), great cars (muscle cars and pickup trucks) and motorsport culture but for the rest not everything shines in the US of A...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
What are you talking about, man? Everything is going great over here.

That's the way we like it!!!
Old 9 Feb 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3800073)   #93
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Old 26 Feb 2018, 23:51 (Ref:3804169)   #94
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 2019 Ram is on the cover of Motor Trend and it sounds like it's going to be amazing. If you ever wondered why the Charger hasn't been replaced in too long, here it is. They spent all their R&D on this thing. I'll post the article as soon as it pops up on their website.

One troubling thing, they raised the bed sides by 1.3". I already can barely reach the bed floor and have to stand on my toes to do it. At a certain point, these things will get to big even for the US. Oh, the cab is 4" longer too.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 06:05 (Ref:3804195)   #95
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Thatís last month (March). Iíve just got the April edition in U.K. and the 2019 Silverado in it along with the Ďreturní of the Ranger to the USA. The Silverado looks great but..... not sure it would pass pedestrian safety laws in Europe! Thatís some bluff front end.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 21:54 (Ref:3804421)   #96
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thatís last month (March). Iíve just got the April edition in U.K. and the 2019 Silverado in it along with the Ďreturní of the Ranger to the USA. The Silverado looks great but..... not sure it would pass pedestrian safety laws in Europe! Thatís some bluff front end.
I don't have April yet, how do you? I've been a subscriber for 27 years and I live in the same country whence it is made!
Old 28 Feb 2018, 05:46 (Ref:3804466)   #97
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I don't have April yet, how do you? I've been a subscriber for 27 years and I live in the same country whence it is made!
It is bizarre...... I subscribe to an internet based 'electronic' magazine service, which includes titles from all over the world. I guess they get an advance copy of Motor Trend and add it immediately? It gives you the print copy, not a special web version, and on regular size tablet (OK, iPad) the print is big enough for someone of my age to read...... On 15" laptop, even better!

BTW Motor Trend excellent read for me as US mags are far more into EVs and other alternatively fuelled vehicles than anything published here....
Old 2 Mar 2018, 13:12 (Ref:3805229)   #98
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
It is bizarre...... I subscribe to an internet based 'electronic' magazine service, which includes titles from all over the world. I guess they get an advance copy of Motor Trend and add it immediately? It gives you the print copy, not a special web version, and on regular size tablet (OK, iPad) the print is big enough for someone of my age to read...... On 15" laptop, even better!

BTW Motor Trend excellent read for me as US mags are far more into EVs and other alternatively fuelled vehicles than anything published here....
I got my hardcopy yesterday! Yes, they cover industry news as well. Road & Track is my other favorite.

GMC tailgate

Old 2 Mar 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3805230)   #99
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I got my hardcopy yesterday! Yes, they cover industry news as well. Road & Track is my other favorite.

GMC tailgate

Is it bad my first thought seeing that was wow, that is not a working truck there. Great for boxed things but every one of those edges and mulch or soil? So many things that can go wrong there, I will they'd just smooth the face a but more. There must be 50 bolt heads on my tailgate and each one catches everything and is a pita to clean.

But then I have used my truck for tree jobs and bulk mulching more than most people not buying a 2500/3500 so maybe my outlook on it is skewed.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 2 Mar 2018, 13:57 (Ref:3805250)   #100
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Is it bad my first thought seeing that was wow, that is not a working truck there. Great for boxed things but every one of those edges and mulch or soil? So many things that can go wrong there, I will they'd just smooth the face a but more. There must be 50 bolt heads on my tailgate and each one catches everything and is a pita to clean.

But then I have used my truck for tree jobs and bulk mulching more than most people not buying a 2500/3500 so maybe my outlook on it is skewed.
It can stay in the standard tail gate position too. That's a carbon fiber composite bed too.
Old 2 Mar 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3805280)   #101
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
OT, so apologies, but Iíve got a treasured copy of ď50 Years of Road TrackĒ bought your side of the pond many years ago....
Old 2 Mar 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3805319)   #102
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
OT, so apologies, but Iíve got a treasured copy of ď50 Years of Road TrackĒ bought your side of the pond many years ago....
Yeah, Mike, if there is one thing that I'm known for, it's staying on topic. I don't have the 50th anniversary R&T but I do have Motor Trend's.

I love getting a hardcopy of R&T. It is still the larger size with the thicker paper and they use mostly full page photographs. It must cost a fortune to print.