Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Feb 2004, 23:02 (Ref:886815)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No he hasn't.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 00:21 (Ref:886876)   #27
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kev
He has tested for several teams, including McLaren in 03.
You better double check your facts kev, because as far as I know, the closest Dixon has ever gotten to an F1 car is when he visited the paddock at a couple of GP's last year.

Which brings me to this: The man hasn't even sat in an F1 car yet, yet so many people are totally convinced he's ready to go F1. I don't get it? Do you think Williams will take Ganassi's word on how good Dixon is? What criteria will Ganassi use to judge him on, ovals? If thats the case you might as well give Hornish a test to, because he is a two time IRL champ, and a true master on the ovals!

Here's a good one, what if the rumor about Ganassi coming to F1 is true, and he plans to have Dixon drive his car?
Old 27 Feb 2004, 04:02 (Ref:886961)   #28
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The man hasn't even sat in an F1 car yet, yet so many people are totally convinced he's ready to go F1.
If a driver is any good it doesn't matter,a guy who had only raced snowmobiles and Formula Atlantics could drive the wheels of an F1 car from his first attempt.
Does the name Gilles Villeneuve ring a bell?.

Everyone seems to be totally anal about Dixon only being able drive ovals,the guys been driving open wheelers on circuits since he was 13 years.Hes also got where is on ability,not Daddys bank account.

I'd also have to say he hasn't tested an F1 yet,but he's obviously going to get the chance shortly.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 12:06 (Ref:887248)   #29
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How many impressive races did Dixon do on road/street courses in his 2 years of CART, despite all that experience? Not many drivers can make an immediate impact as strong as Gilles', especially in the modern era where drivers generally have experience from an earlier age, and all those miles on the karting track reap rewards in years to come.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 13:20 (Ref:887316)   #30
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First name Over, surname Rated!
Old 27 Feb 2004, 20:39 (Ref:887685)   #31
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Armco, I'm not at all anal about Dixon, as a matter of fact, I think very highly of his skills and I think it would be a great loss to the IRL if he left.

But go to the thread entitled "Best drivers not in F1" and you'll see about a hundred or so other drivers that people think are just as deserving and more so than Dixon.

So I'm only asking, why is Dixon going to F1, such a strong rumor? What skills does he bring to the table, that others can't?

Danica Patrick