Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Feb 2004, 00:28 (Ref:887858)   #1
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Montezemolo to run Italian industry federation

Montezemolo to run Italian industry federation

Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo is expected to be announced shortly as the head of Confindustria, the Italian federation of industry. Montezemolo will replace Antonio D'Amato, who been in charge for four years. It will give Montezemolo a major new job, helping to revive the troubled Italian economy and get the country's industry through the difficult period which has followed the recent Parmalat scandal.

The news will mean that Montezemolo has less time available to run Ferrari and Maserati and it is expected that a new manager will be brought in to run the car companies on a daily basis.
(from www.grandprix.com)

Am i the only one who is surprised by this?
Anyone who can or wants to take a (calculated) guess as to who will take his place?
Old 28 Feb 2004, 01:51 (Ref:887910)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really not surprised at all, actually.

From all accounts, Monty has done wonders at Ferrari. There really on a roll, not only in F1 and other racing ventures, but their street cars are selling very well also.

He will be missed at the helm of Ferrari, but it appears that Italian industry, in general, needs his superior managerial skills to revive them. Maybe he can do for them, what he's done for Ferrari.

Lets just hope that Ferrari doesn't suffer because of his loss...

Danica Patrick