Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 16 Aug 2004, 17:54 (Ref:1068397)   #1
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ellison replaces injured Burns at WCM

James Ellison, the double European Superstock champion and BSB privateer star, will replace Chris Burns at WCM for the next round at Brno.

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...id=6&nid=97615

Nice to see him getting a chance, although it's not exactly the best bike to show your talents on, especially as Burns is said to get second-rate equipment and staff in the team. It could open doors for 2005 though.
Old 18 Aug 2004, 07:35 (Ref:1070174)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thats good for james - he did very well at wsb brands hatch round....
Old 18 Aug 2004, 16:06 (Ref:1070615)   #3
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good chance for JAmes - just shows his talent in BSB this year hasn't been wasted!
Old 19 Aug 2004, 07:15 (Ref:1071184)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a bsb privateer championship is good for his resume - is disappointing that those 2 euro superstock championships didnt lead onn to better things, i think the kawasaki 600 wasnt the best bike to ride in 02, but then again, it was with the defending champions
i hope he does well on the wcm
Old 19 Aug 2004, 19:27 (Ref:1071860)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Again though JAmes was coming down a class if you like. THe ZX6 was very different from the bike McPherson rode and Pitt set it up totally differently, which is why Iain went from hero to zero. James I think was in the same deal as Burns is now, he got the ride through reputation and received little help from the team maybe compared to Pitt. I worry for him on the WCM though, think he would be better off staying in BSB and trying to get some podiums
Old 20 Aug 2004, 13:28 (Ref:1072706)   #6
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presumably the MotoGP rides are just a bonus, which won't interfere with his BSB campaign. As he rides for a private team, the money he gets from WCM could be pumped back into the Jentin team to help them become more competitive.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 16:53 (Ref:1072932)   #7
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
Presumably the MotoGP rides are just a bonus, which won't interfere with his BSB campaign. As he rides for a private team, the money he gets from WCM could be pumped back into the Jentin team to help them become more competitive.
Jentin Racing and Harris Performance (chassis builder for WCM) are already technical partners, so i don't think they are gonna pay him much for that one-off.
i guess, that new partnership (it was announced just a week ago) is the only reason why Peter Clifford invited James to race for his team in MotoGP
Old 22 Aug 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1074370)   #8
Junior Senior
Racer

Junior Senior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James unfortunately didn't make the finish at Brno as he crashed on the final lap, a shame as he wasn't disgracing himself considering the "in at the deep end" nature of the ride.
Old 22 Aug 2004, 18:00 (Ref:1074493)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nothing too shabby about his overall performance, with no real dry-weather practice, on a truly uncompetitive bike, and a daunting track he'd never raced at before.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 07:42 (Ref:1076751)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
he must be kicking himself that he didnt bring it home....