Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3787689)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
HISTORIC TOUR CHARADE

Invited grids from HGPCA and HSCC HFF2000 (non championship)
Old 9 May 2018, 15:16 (Ref:3821059)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
For those wandering around Charade (Clermont Ferrand, France) on the 25/27 May, Historic Tour announce some HF1. Warning: this is an information, not a recommandation (more on www.historictour.fr). And Clermont is not Monaco…
Old 10 May 2018, 07:09 (Ref:3821209)   #3
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
For those wandering around Charade (Clermont Ferrand, France) on the 25/27 May, Historic Tour announce some HF1. Warning: this is an information, not a recommandation (more on www.historictour.fr). And Clermont is not Monaco…
I'll be there and so will Delta.
Old 10 May 2018, 07:27 (Ref:3821211)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I'll be there and so will Delta.
Ah yes, great really! I dunno if you went to before, but paying a visit to the previous track (not permanent, an open road well known by cyclists) is worth IMO. 8 kilometers and 51 curves! It was said to be the french mini Nürburgring. Then you can see what kind of heroes period drivers where, specially Chris Amon and his fantastic best lap in 1972. The french public loved him and not only because he was driving a Matra Simca.
I find very moving that you and Delta go to this event.
Old 10 May 2018, 07:59 (Ref:3821220)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Alan Morgan, if you allow me I can't recommend enough to rent a private box. May be at 350 € it seems expensive at first glance but some paddocks are not really user friendly. One could make room for two single seaters. There are few available…
Old 10 May 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3821256)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Is that 350 for all weekend Gerard . ?
Old 10 May 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3821290)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry for the late reply, Delta! Yes all weekend. I know 2 single seater can be hosted with some race stuff, like spanners and hand lift. I you arrive soon enough may be you can manage to park your truck near a water hose and electric supply, there are not so many. Not a permanent track but a permanent struggle with neighbors…
Old 10 May 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3821294)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Can be arranged through the website:
hvmracing.fr then Historic tour then Charade then acid green window Réservation Boxes. At the mo, 13 left but they will go quickly.
You can also indicate if you like "co renting" but I dunno the conditions. 350 for the meeting, for one box is sure. Boxes are located along the pitlane, are permanent style, have two massive rotating doors, one opening on the pitlane the other on the "pré-grille". Is that pre-grid? In the boxes area, you find toilets, race direction and not far from toilets you can have average quality beer. Pizzas I'm not sure.
I dont know your cars, but I guess the gearbox pinions and cwp shouldn't be that far from the one used for Monaco (one tight hairpin climbing a hill). No guarantee about that of course!

Last edited by Gerard C; 10 May 2018 at 15:02. Reason: precision
Old 10 May 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3821297)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
On Utub' you can have an idea clicking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWtTW7SCgI
Le tour du circuit de Charade en Formule Ford
Boxes are 6 meters by 4 meters you could have the key on the Thursday at 2 PM. You can leave the circuit on Monday but must empty the box on Sunday 7 PM the latest. Sorry if this breaks the forum rules.

Last edited by Gerard C; 10 May 2018 at 15:10. Reason: a good one
Old 10 May 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3821306)   #10
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's another fascinating video related to the circuit from 1958.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvIDfqP8pIU

It runs to 16 minutes so maybe not a great option for those who are travelling. Thinking of the data allowance.
Old 10 May 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3821333)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
As Charade was on the calendar, and is of interest to several tenthers, I've moved the relevant posts from tea break..... I ignored the ones about beer and pee.....
Old 10 May 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3821355)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thank you Mike! Now I feel free to add that its better to check with Laurent or Laure if Sodifuel will be there and what kind of "beverage" they bring, 102 FIA or other kind. If you are told that no fuel supplier will be in the paddock, beware cose next gaz station is rather far from the circuit.
I'm quite confident John can now tell you about the perfect translation for: its raining cats and dogs…
Old 24 May 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3824368)   #13
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Weather forecast seems good till Saturday night, rather high temps but no rain. Not very good atm for Sunday.
Old 25 May 2018, 14:46 (Ref:3824573)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I could briefly catch only few lap times for the pré'66 grid, free practice.
BL could be Rob Hall, Cooper T43/51, with 2'34"928 . I investigate about my information though, live timing is different from PA's…
Old 25 May 2018, 15:40 (Ref:3824577)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Its pré'66 and pré'61 grid, 33 entries, 10 no show. If my understanding is good, the HFF2000 have no free practice yet and Qualy is tomorrow 9:45 AM.
Old 26 May 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3824720)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just done qualy . Waiting for results
Old 26 May 2018, 08:40 (Ref:3824714)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Provisional HFF2000 Qualy times are:
1:Simms Benn 2'00"920, 2: Smith Tom 2'01"166, 3: Smith Andrew 2'05"232... Delta is 9: 2'07"288 but was stopped at pits a long time before the end.
23 cars listed, 22 on track. Lap times are fast for newcomers bearing in mind they have to adjust the gearing. HFF2000 Race 1 is tonight 7:20 PM.
How do you feel Delta?
Old 26 May 2018, 09:22 (Ref:3824724)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Results available. Tight gap between 5th position and yours. Do you enjoy?
Old 26 May 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3824784)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I’m fine my lap timer said I did a 6 so not sure why I was not credited with that . Great track and we are having fun . I’ve got man flu as well as black eye . It’s raining now but I recon it will clear before our race . Cheers Iain . BTW fell off my push bike yesterday morning being a Pratt . 😀
Old 26 May 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3824811)   #20
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’m fine my lap timer said I did a 6 so not sure why I was not credited with that . Great track and we are having fun . I’ve got man flu as well as black eye . It’s raining now but I recon it will clear before our race . Cheers Iain . BTW fell off my push bike yesterday morning being a Pratt . 😀

Ah, thought you might have decided to bike rather than walk the circuit and perhaps overshot the hairpin ...

But if it was a morning incident - possibly not?

Bummer about the man flu though.
Old 26 May 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3824821)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes very happy after my last race . Stated P9 finished P6 in the oldest car still with the 1976 engine . Well I did rebuild this winter .Anyone know how Mikeciscgettingvonnin Spa .
Old 27 May 2018, 04:46 (Ref:3824856)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
The rain is coming . Will have a think about racing . Need to get back to Zolder then head up to Kiel for ferry Wednesday night
Old 26 May 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3824803)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Provisional: Tom Smith wins, Delta finishes 6, blt 2'07"964. 22 classified. Race 2 'morrow, 4:30 PM.
Old 26 May 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3824809)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
HFF2000 best lap is 2'00"677, winner ave speed 118,581 kmh, best lap for HF3 is 2'06"665, winner ave speed 112,895 kmh. Track is 3975 meters if I'm right.
Do we have a happy happy Delta here?
Old 27 May 2018, 06:23 (Ref:3824861)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You can expect several showers during the day. Looking around you, its the same kind of paysage et géographie you find at the Ring and Spa. And track limits mean guard rails, as usual, and concrete walls too.