Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Aug 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3841952)   #426
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
If Ford wanted to enter DPI, what chassis manufacturer would they use? It was luck that

Nissan = Ligier
Mazda = Riley
Cadillac = Dallara
Acura = Oreca

Considering the relationship with multimatic, would Ford want to use the poor Riley platform?

Ligier/Onroak may be looking for a new DPi partner soon.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3842081)   #427
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
If Ford wanted to enter DPI, what chassis manufacturer would they use? It was luck that

Nissan = Ligier
Mazda = Riley
Cadillac = Dallara
Acura = Oreca

Considering the relationship with multimatic, would Ford want to use the poor Riley platform?
The fundamental flaw (the cockpit size) of the Riley wasn't addressed with the joker fixes they were granted. Unless they can get another mercy fix granted to them to change the tub to fix the cockpit size the Riley is done. I'm really surprised Joest didn't push more for that fix (and different engine) when they took the program over from Speedsource.

So in short no I don't see Ford going with the Riley unless they know they can push the EcoBoost more to make up for the drag of the Riley tub.

Last edited by gsmith2424; 7 Aug 2018 at 12:37. Reason: Additional Information
Old 7 Aug 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3842094)   #428
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Not based on anything substantial but I find it no surprise to see the Ford DPi rumors/stories resurfacing again after the DPi-P2 split was announced.

Also, the Oreca is clearly the dominant P2 chassis but as a DPi platform? Utilizing a Multimatic chassis might be a disadvantage compared to the Oreca but nothing BoP can't fix. Look at the Cadillac DPi vs. Dallara P2 achievements.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3842109)   #429
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Not based on anything substantial but I find it no surprise to see the Ford DPi rumors/stories resurfacing again after the DPi-P2 split was announced.
And in typical fashion, it starts with a clickbaity headline and wildless speculation, only to then be simply denied by the manufacturer in question.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3842157)   #430
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMSA : 2019

Doesn't take much leap to gander that Ford will be in IMSA in 2020. The question they are trying to determine is whether or not the IMSA car will be legal in the WEC (aka unified platform).

DPI would be trivial considering they don't have to construct a chassis.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3842187)   #431
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If ford dpi will become real, whatever chassis they are going to use, hope the car will something more than a standard lmp2 with different nose/lights. Something a lÃ* mazda.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 20:08 (Ref:3842192)   #432
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
The fundamental flaw (the cockpit size) of the Riley wasn't addressed with the joker fixes they were granted.

The cockpit size is not a fundamental flaw with the Riley. It would have to be DP big before properly shaping it would be unable to overcome it's size, and it's nowhere close to that big.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 23:31 (Ref:3842216)   #433
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
The cockpit size is not a fundamental flaw with the Riley. It would have to be DP big before properly shaping it would be unable to overcome it's size, and it's nowhere close to that big.
I thought the cockpit size takes up space on the sidepods because it is part of the survival cell, is it not? Unless it's just windscreen width. They don't sit on top of the car... That could compromise cooling and aero if that's the case
Old 8 Aug 2018, 04:10 (Ref:3842231)   #434
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I thought the cockpit size takes up space on the sidepods because it is part of the survival cell, is it not? Unless it's just windscreen width. They don't sit on top of the car... That could compromise cooling and aero if that's the case
There's plenty of space in the sidepods to get around the potential cooling issues - Joest has indicated that was indeed something they had to fix, and based on how things have gone I'd say they got that right(the fire at Daytona was an exhaust problem, not an engine cooling problem). So I wouldn't call that making a larger cockpit a "fundamental" flaw - the real flaw was in how they worked around the tub size. And that's without even taking into account that the areas below what's visible from the outside can still be shaped to allow for even more sidepod space despite the width of the bubble on top.

As for aero, a wider cockpit isn't going to affect the sidepod aero much at all, so it's just the part that sticks up that's the issue. And like I said, at the size difference we're talking, the shape(both front and back) will have a far larger effect.

In short, while the tub itself COULD be fundamentally flawed, the SIZE of it is not itself the flaw.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3842318)   #435
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Splitting the prototypes class is stupid. There's about a dozen cars now. Having 8 cars in one class and 4 cars in another will be boring. Everybody gets a podium!
Old 8 Aug 2018, 15:04 (Ref:3842347)   #436
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Splitting the prototypes class is stupid. There's about a dozen cars now. Having 8 cars in one class and 4 cars in another will be boring. Everybody gets a podium!
I agree that its silly. The DPI makes are pushing it to eliminate the nescience (threat) that the smaller operations like JDC and CORE are providing. Especially Cadillac and Acura. I guess its like the establishment media not liking alternative options such as Infowars. So they are trying to persuade big tech to hold the them down. Same concept. Substitute CNN/NBD for GM and Honda. JCD/CORE for Infowars. IMSA for Google/Facebook.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 15:08 (Ref:3842349)   #437
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I agree that its silly. The DPI makes are pushing it to eliminate the nescience (threat) that the smaller operations like JDC and CORE are providing. Especially Cadillac and Acura. I guess its like the establishment media not liking alternative options such as Infowars. So they are trying to persuade big tech to hold the them down. Same concept. Substitute CNN/NBD for GM and Honda. JCD/CORE for Infowars. IMSA for Google/Facebook.
That is a terrible analogy.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 15:14 (Ref:3842350)   #438
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is a terrible analogy.
Agree
Old 8 Aug 2018, 15:36 (Ref:3842356)   #439
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Likening Core & JDC to Sandy Hook truthers is fantastic stuff. Best fans in the world!
Old 8 Aug 2018, 17:23 (Ref:3842375)   #440
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
When CORE claim that IMSA poison the water to turn the frogs owned by Cadillac homosexual, then this analogy works.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 19:37 (Ref:3842394)   #441
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

Isn't GTLM 8 cars? That doesn't seem to be a problem at all.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 03:55 (Ref:3842435)   #442
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Don't think he meant it so literally, but more like the big guys don't want the little guys to compete. Which means that's a really good analogy. Maybe not popular choices in the names he picked, but Facebook just called Infowars a rival. Are not p2's rivals to dpi? Maybe less inflammatory 'news' sources could be used as an analogy next time

Anyway, not much talk here about the C8R that SC365 have spy pics of. Makes a nice sound, but an unfamiliar one associated with Corvette.

Old 9 Aug 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3842475)   #443
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Don't think he meant it so literally, but more like the big guys don't want the little guys to compete. Which means that's a really good analogy. Maybe not popular choices in the names he picked, but Facebook just called Infowars a rival. Are not p2's rivals to dpi? Maybe less inflammatory 'news' sources could be used as an analogy next time

Anyway, not much talk here about the C8R that SC365 have spy pics of. Makes a nice sound, but an unfamiliar one associated with Corvette.

I did not expect to hear a turbo back there. The Corvette sound is going to be missed.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 13:06 (Ref:3842509)   #444
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Reminds me of how the old R8 LMP sounded.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3842543)   #445
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JDC to caddy with 2 cars in 2019
Old 9 Aug 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3842548)   #446
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
because it's so hard to post a link....

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/j...-dpi-for-2019/

Wonder if we'll SoD back with their Cadillac DPi - or might they switch to a P2 (and almost do a straight swap with JDC) to fill with paying customers?
Old 9 Aug 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3842549)   #447
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Yeah, Cadillac is keeping JDC from competing against them, by selling JDC 2 cars for '19. Hmmm...

L.P.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 15:10 (Ref:3842551)   #448
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
So that's 8 or 9 cars in DPi next year? Not too bad.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3842573)   #449
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Yeah, Cadillac is keeping JDC from competing against them, by selling JDC 2 cars for '19. Hmmm...

L.P.
Kinda missing what he's saying. He's saying Cadillac don't want beaten by privateer teams. If JDC are a Cadillac team, they are no longer a privateer team, are they?

Anyway, now we have the DPi class, and the CORE Autosport Class. Sounds almost as fun as when Rebellion and ByKolles got to run around on there own behind the big guys and everyone absolutely loved it! Wait, I think I miss-remembered that last bit.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3842608)   #450
TF110
Veteran

United States
More of the C8R testing on jalopnik. I like the profile so far