Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Feb 2003, 06:18 (Ref:511307)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British GP ticket prices reduced

from octagons site

Octagon Motorsports UK, the promoter of the Foster’s British Grand Prix, has confirmed that this year’s ticket prices will represent better value than before. In addition, a number of new prices and changes have been introduced to provide more options for race goers.

The new pricing for this year’s event, being held 18-20 July, includes a 12.5% reduction on admission prices and grandstand seating for the Friday practice and qualifying day. In addition, child charges have been abolished and centre transfers will be free. In keeping with the new regulations introduced by FIA Formula One Commission late last year the Friday of the British Grand Prix will now feature more F1 track action than any previous F1 event with the new qualifying session as well as two hours of testing by the teams.

Octagon Motorsports has re-introduced single day tickets for the weekend. Saturday also represents good value and entertainment due to the introduction of the new qualifying session. A three-day fan ticket is still available for those who wish to attend the entire event and the price for this has been reduced to £190.

does this mean us people who bought advanced tickets and centre transfers get a refund ?
Old 19 Feb 2003, 08:34 (Ref:511368)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Adult Admission Sunday £ 115 Thats NZ$333
A three-day fan ticket is £190. Thats NZ$550

I'll never complain again about £8($25) to go to Pukekohe again

does this mean us people who bought advanced tickets and centre transfers get a refund ?
Old 19 Feb 2003, 12:06 (Ref:511490)   #3
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm
"you too can see non racing for the low low price of just an arm and a leg!"
"That's a saving of xx% from the old price of an arm,a leg and a firstborn male son!!"
Old 19 Feb 2003, 20:33 (Ref:511895)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
£115 for Sunday?

I went in 2000 and it was £95 for Sunday, how exactly is that a reduction?
Old 19 Feb 2003, 21:20 (Ref:511932)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
£115 for Sunday?

I went in 2000 and it was £95 for Sunday, how exactly is that a reduction?
Its strange that general admission has gone up so much, where as, grandstand doesn't seemed to have altered (only by 5 quid) the last 4 seasons of buying the tickets.
Old 19 Feb 2003, 22:40 (Ref:511984)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mind you , its still bloody dear.....if it wasnt such a great weekend , it would be easier to decide not to go ....
Old 19 Feb 2003, 22:44 (Ref:511992)   #7
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to go on the Friday if I'm in the country...
Old 20 Feb 2003, 00:48 (Ref:512074)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I must say the price of the British GP tickets are a disgrace.

I saw on Watchdog on BBC1 that you can get a general Sunday ticket at Imola for £43, and one at Spa for £50-odd.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 01:10 (Ref:512091)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still have the ticket for the first GP I went to (and the only one I paid for) in 1988. £16. Curiously, now I can get in for free as a marshal, I don't go.

And Armcobender, just imagine, and average club meeting now would cost you NZ$30. Next year I'm coming to Pukekohe with you!
Old 20 Feb 2003, 08:44 (Ref:512215)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
I'd like to go on the Friday if I'm in the country...
if you buy a Octagon season ticket for £100 it also gets you free admission for the friday of the F1 weekend at Silverstone....
Old 20 Feb 2003, 08:57 (Ref:512224)   #11
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're going to Barcelona this year. £108 for a Grandstand ticket for all three days.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 09:28 (Ref:512248)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
I went to Magny Cours a few years back....and a 3 day admission ticket and 3 day camping pass was cheaper than a race day ticket at Silverstone ....crazy isnt it !
Old 20 Feb 2003, 09:44 (Ref:512260)   #13
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a question, what's a '3 day fan-ticket', those 'reduced' to £190? It's some supergold grandstand, or general admission? :confused:

Furthermore, those prices I got from gptours.com are accurate?

Friday 1-Day Tickets
General Admission $110

Saturday 1-Day Tickets
A Copse $175
B Pit Lane Suite $775

Sunday 1-Day Tickets
B Pit Lane Suite $1,695
C Luffield $315

Old 20 Feb 2003, 10:53 (Ref:512295)   #14
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These sound like tickets with a selction of markups - I'm sure as with every other Grand prix tickets can be ordered direct from each track - for example the direct price for Friday is £ 35 which is about usd 55 !
Old 20 Feb 2003, 11:31 (Ref:512316)   #15
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£275 for a Grandstand ticket, Sat/Sunday. Extra (£35?) for Friday? No reserved seats Friday.

The £190 for 3 days is just circuit admission.

I understand that there are lots of seats left for sale.