Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Nov 2007, 14:25 (Ref:2076517)   #26
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso.

Old 27 Nov 2007, 14:42 (Ref:2076526)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11
..Force India is dead-last (partly because his long awaited 2007 update didnt quite set the world alight)
I thought the update was a big step forward? From the point is was introduced Sutil was able to mix it with some of the other tail enders (Honda Super Aguri and Torro Rosso). Up until the updated car was introduced they were well adrift at the back.

Quote:
We've seen what good for nothing guys (like Albers) and absolute rookies (like Sutil) can do with that car and how they "develop" it, lets see what Fisi or Ralf can do I'd say.
I thought Sutil did a good job throughout the season. I can see the advantages of having an experienced driver there but I'm not sure Fisi or Ralf are the right driver for that situation.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 17:04 (Ref:2076637)   #28
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yea, from another point of view tho, he spent 3 years (of which he was supsensed for 6 months) with the team that have the best resources and the bigest budget and he achieved 5 podiums (other teams with that sort of budget can do that in 3-4 races), no victories and a 4th place in consturctors.
IIRC, he joined in December '03 and thus had very little bearing on the TF104 in 2004, making the TF105 his first car. It was instantly contending at the head of the midfield with Ferrari, Williams and Red Bull. Some anxious strategy calls at Spa also cost a potential victory with Ralf. 2006 when the team switched tyres, he was put on gardening leave by round 4 and took the fall for the teams dive. IMO that aint half bad and is better than Newey's first car at Red Bull.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 17:51 (Ref:2076655)   #29
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fingers crossed Sutil and Klien will be in Force India seats next year.

Double fingers crossed that Ralf Schumacher is finally placed on the F1 scrap-heap, exactly where he belongs.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 23:22 (Ref:2076893)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
lets see what Fisi or Ralf can do I'd say.
I think we have seen quite enough of that for one decade.

Time for some younger guys, be they rookies or already of F1 experience.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 23:23 (Ref:2076895)   #31
PK Kart
Racer

England
Sussex
PK Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always thought Gascoyne overrated. Not sure if he designed the 2003 Renault but even if he did, that's what, 1 gp win?

I have made my opinions on Ralf schumacher clear before but Fisichella clearly does not belong in the same bracket of mediocrity. He was awesome in the Jordan and Sauber, and on natural talent, clearly one of the best. Just doesn't have the complete make up IMO.

Last edited by JeremySmith; 29 Nov 2007 at 01:08.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 23:27 (Ref:2076897)   #32
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Id say they would go for an Indian driver. Chandock or perhaps Karthikeyan. Considering they are named 'Force India' and an Indian GP is on the horizon, the scope for marketing with an Indian driver in the team is huge.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 23:30 (Ref:2076901)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fisichella was awesome in the Jordan in 1997, but this is a long time ago. Please don't tell me he was "awesome" in 2002 and 2003, because he was flat out awful. Uninspiring, heading for the exit.

Sauber was better - after a shaky start he grafted out some fine results. But let's face it, his best days are long gone. Here is a man who spent two years in a championship winning car and did not win a single race on merit.

He has had his chance and blew it. F1 has had a few years where it has been infested with people hanging around for ages doing nothing - it is time they got out and let someone else have a shot. Of course, they have to think for themselves, so that isn't going to happen. But it is time the team managers made this decision for them.

Karthikeyan, Klien, Sutil, di Grassi, Piquet....anyone but Ralf and Giancarlo!
Old 27 Nov 2007, 23:44 (Ref:2076910)   #34
PK Kart
Racer

England
Sussex
PK Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree Knowlesy, was just trying to point out that he is/was far better than Ralf.

I'm not picking nits, but wasn't his 05 sepang win fairly dominant, unless I have forgoten something, must get the reveiw dvd out.

I always thought of Fisi in a similar way to Coulthard, has it all there but doesn't use it correctly, occasionally has his day of days. Unlike Ralf who is average but doesn't know it.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 23:51 (Ref:2076916)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The 06 Sepang win was helped by Alonso being massively over fuelled in qualifying. It was, I concede, a good drive but no more.

Anyways, the point is, he has got to the point where even an occasional good day is beyond him.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 23:55 (Ref:2076919)   #36
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
His Sepang 06 win was a result of Alonso having a fueling mal-function in qualifying. IIRC Alonso was hunting him down quite rapidly but Fisi just had enough of an advantage. Nevertheless he drove well that day. You say Ralf is average but doesn't know it. This is exactly what Fisi lacks. Self confidence and a degree of arrogance. He bottles far to easily.
Old 27 Nov 2007, 23:56 (Ref:2076922)   #37
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
I personally don't think he's come up with the goods recently, but for some reason teams seem to jump at the chance to employ him).
Are you talking about Ralf or Mike? Either way, I agree.

Stay away from these washed up old timers (Fisi included), and take a chance on a young gun that could be sold later on. When your on the back row, you can afford to take some risks.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 00:01 (Ref:2076926)   #38
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
I think we have seen quite enough of that for one decade.
What I've meant to say is that we never really seen a proven quality in Midland/Spyker/Force India/............<--- write the team's latest name on the dotted line.

It's nice to see what Sutil can do, but you know everything is realtive. It would be interesting to see what someone with Fisi's or Ralf's experience and pace (yea) can do with such a car and how bad can they push guys like Sutil.

We might get surprised (anyway, both are confirmed for Jerez so let's see)
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:22 (Ref:2077365)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ralf and Fisi will be thrown into a wrestling arena, the order is "only one must survive"
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:50 (Ref:2077396)   #40
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would like to see how fisi would cope with the FI, i have always been a fan of his as he beat all his teammates until alonso (with the exception of wurz in 98 when he had many retirements), he was excellent in the 1997 jordan, and i think equally good in the dog that was the 2001 benetton where he soundly beat button. Unfortunately he had plenty of bad luck in his first renault year and was undoubtedly not as good as alonso so became demotivated - or maybe he only got a good car too late in his career. then again it is also possible that he is just better than other drivers at driving crap cars, but not so good when the car is good.
on the topic of conversation though i think he would be a very good experienced balance to sutil at FI, far better than ralf and better than another younger driver, even the likes of liuzzi or klien who whilst decent, arent world beaters.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:53 (Ref:2077402)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ralf fan is that you ?
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:56 (Ref:2077408)   #42
amk
Rookie

amk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah they employ Ralph,and then it turns out that the car doesn't suit his driving style
Old 28 Nov 2007, 17:25 (Ref:2077423)   #43
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
If the car doesn't suit his driving style, presumably they'll notice when he tests it, not after they've offered him a contract...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 28 Nov 2007, 18:14 (Ref:2077454)   #44
blackflagrms13
Rookie

blackflagrms13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64134

Wow, Force India are testing 7 drivers at Jerez. If they give each of the drivers a half day, how will the seventh driver (presumably Roldan Rodriguez) test? To split a single session would seem rather useless.

I think both Ralf and Fisi are long past their welcome in F1. If I were Giancarlo, I'd shift my focus to the FMS International GP2 team. FMS has been around for quite a while and aside from the odd win here and there, has struggled to develop any consistent front-running pace.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 18:49 (Ref:2077480)   #45
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't it a four day test? The two big names get a day each and the other five split the remaining days??
Old 28 Nov 2007, 19:52 (Ref:2077513)   #46
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
ralf fan is that you ?
No it was probably Inigo Montoya.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 21:58 (Ref:2077582)   #47
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
Isn't it a four day test?
It is indeed, and since the team can run two cars each day, that -mathematicaly- could get each driver a whole day of testing plus even leave an extra day for one of the seven drivers.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 01:04 (Ref:2077666)   #48
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
No it was probably Inigo Montoya.
Drunk maybe...