Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Nov 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3477601)   #26
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
According www.autosport.be :

- WRX drivers and ERX drivers will drive together in heats but will have separate (semi) finals. This because the ERX drivers took away points from the WRX regulars.

Isn't that what sport is all about? Competing against others?
Positive is more races, but still I like the mix of WRX and ERX.

- Maybe in future only cars allowed that have equivalent AWD cars in other series (read WRC).

I hope this is misunderstanding from autosport.be. IMO it would be the mistake of the century.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3477643)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its all about franchising

If you have paid tens of thousands to put Carpentier or Villeneuve in a car, you are expecting to see him in a final.

it matters not that against owner drivers they were slow or rubbish

Anyone beginning to think WRX is rapidly turning into a farcical serie already?
Old 22 Nov 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3477650)   #28
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Anyone beginning to think WRX is rapidly turning into a farcical serie already?
I agree, it is a bit of circus sometimes. IMG prefers money over quality when it comes to tracks and I just hope it dose not become like the WRC
Old 23 Nov 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3477762)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The WRC is a decent prodcut ruined by poor promotion and a series sponsor that is quite happy doing nothing becaise its logo is all over the winning cars from Citroen and VW for the past decade.

Rallycross ois easier to sell, but I do fear they are running way too fast. Totally ignoring the past calling the commentator the "voice of rallycross" for instance, going away from great venues, going to false tracks, bringing in name drivers who disappear as they are useless, making the core series everything and ignoring all the support series unless they happen to be created by Eriksson.

All a bit short term for me.

It's great at the moment, but i fear far more for the future of rallycross than WRC.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 08:52 (Ref:3478132)   #30
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
According www.autosport.be :

- Maybe in future only cars allowed that have equivalent AWD cars in other series (read WRC).

I hope this is misunderstanding from autosport.be. IMO it would be the mistake of the century.
Koen Pauwels, who is a member of the technical working group, has claimed this to be nothing but rumours already...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...a9ec3de3cf03be
Old 27 Nov 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3479263)   #31
pele1977
Rookie

pele1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think the whole "wildcard" thing is nonsense because everybody is able to join.

Not a surprise of course but shame to lose Kouvola.

To be honest not sure I still like WRX in 3 years time...
Have to say that i'm not surprised that they lost it. Too little groud maybe 4000, bad pit lane area. They have thought about Ahvenisto, only
big problem is money. But who knows what happens in the future. Hämeenlinna would be super venue for this event.

I'm not so sure that where this series is going on and i dont like it where it is going on.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3479721)   #32
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What i don't understand is why they split the WRX and ERX finals. .. because of the ERX drivers don't take points of the WRX drivers??

But a race like Loheac or Holjes brings a lot of "wildcards".
No ERX event.... so in my opinion you still have the same problem.... or no open entry anymore in the rounds that not count for ERX???
Old 29 Nov 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3479864)   #33
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its all going the same way as just about every FIA championship has done over history, those with the most money ie manufacturers dictating how a championship is run and all purely for their own interests.
Plus having a promoter who believes its all about big names and manufacturers and with no interest in the sports history is it any wonder we are getting what we have now? History also shows that a series that becomes the big new thing rarely sustains that interest and once the big names and manufacturers find a new thing to use as a marketing tool you are left with very little.

I fear Lydden will be more like it was in 2013,a half empty paddock and a very spread out weekend of racing as will a lot of the other rounds. Perhaps Silverstone should build a temporary track with lots of jumps then we might get all classes!
Old 29 Nov 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3479886)   #34
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It is fairly silly on the promoters part.

All they ever think about is the quick buck, never the long term interest.

They are only going to places that are paying them? And paying them for what? A brand new series, with a few decent drivers! Nothing that flash. The named drivers have done OK, but the Villeneuve thing was a joke, as was Ramona Karlsson, though not entirely her fault being asked to drive a 6 year old banger!

Forgetting the other classes is the most dangerous part, they have been largely ignored in the tv coverage, in preference to watching mechanics sometimes!

I do think they have done some good things, but the generic, cut to sponsored pit box, cut to wife, cut to a person who isn't going to say anything remotely interesting is already tired.

We have a round this weekend, highest bidder wins, in a place with no history or interest in rallycross, at a time when marketing wise there is no racing on anywhere, only reason we are there. And we lose other tracks near to the European base, nearer for the existing fans, nearer for teams.

It is worrying. You cannot run before you can walk.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3479896)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1982 View Post
What i don't understand is why they split the WRX and ERX finals. .. because of the ERX drivers don't take points of the WRX drivers??

But a race like Loheac or Holjes brings a lot of "wildcards".
No ERX event.... so in my opinion you still have the same problem.... or no open entry anymore in the rounds that not count for ERX???
Except for some well known VIPs like Block, Foust or Loeb there's no room for "wildcards"? They can race in ERX?

Is this the begin of the fixed 16 car grid size like IMG proposed in their initial plans?
Old 29 Nov 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3479898)   #36
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Its all going the same way as just about every FIA championship has done over history, those with the most money ie manufacturers dictating how a championship is run and all purely for their own interests.
Plus having a promoter who believes its all about big names and manufacturers and with no interest in the sports history is it any wonder we are getting what we have now? History also shows that a series that becomes the big new thing rarely sustains that interest and once the big names and manufacturers find a new thing to use as a marketing tool you are left with very little.

I fear Lydden will be more like it was in 2013,a half empty paddock and a very spread out weekend of racing as will a lot of the other rounds. Perhaps Silverstone should build a temporary track with lots of jumps then we might get all classes!
I fear the same....
Old 10 Dec 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3483680)   #37
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tommy Rustad will be at the wheel of a Marklund Polo is 2015:

http://erc24.com/archives/20071
Old 11 Dec 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3484180)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Tommy Rustad will be at the wheel of a Marklund Polo is 2015:

http://erc24.com/archives/20071
Does this mean Marklund will run the car?
Old 12 Dec 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3484335)   #39
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does this mean Marklund will run the car?
Nope, but Nyborg Motorsportservice.
Old 23 Dec 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3487458)   #40
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
No Jos Jansen in 2015.
Source: rx-inside.be
Old 25 Dec 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3487833)   #41
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You mean not in the WC...
He still drives rallycross (belgium and challenge)
Old 26 Dec 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3487975)   #42
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1982 View Post
You mean not in the WC...
He still drives rallycross (belgium and challenge)
Yep but this is the WRX topic.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 14:45 (Ref:3488437)   #43
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
JRM Racing will run a pair of Mini RX machines in rallycross in 2015.
The experienced endurance-racing squad has yet to finalise who will drive the cars, or which category of rallycross it will compete in.
Butit is expected that JRM will appear in World Rallycross Championship events, with more details of the its plan to be announced next month.
JRM has bought the Mini RX project - including all intellectual property and a complete spares package - from Prodrive, which adapted a Mini WRC for rallycross competition in 2013.
"The Mini RX has had a limited number of outings in rallycross up to this point but we believe we've got ourselves an extremely competitive package," said James Rumsey, JRM executive director.

Prodrive had intended to run at least one Mini RX in the World Rallycross Championship in 2014, but was unable to secure a driver.
In addition to fielding Nissan machinery in GT racing, JRM built and ran the R4-specification Subaru STI rally cars in 2014, the first example of which Mark Higgins drove in European Rally Championship events.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117240
Old 31 Dec 2014, 14:51 (Ref:3488968)   #44
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
From the BTCC topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED55 View Post
some interesting suggestions in Sweden are surrounding the EKS team who may have Andy Jordon signed to do WRX , it kind of makes sense too with the Team Owner having DTM clashes and the team having Red Bull links. Given Andys Rallycross skills and Red bull link it might be realistic.

Wether its in addition to BTCC or just some smoke I dont know but thought it worth a mention.
Jordan doing some WRX rounds in the 2nd EKS car?
Old 31 Dec 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3488989)   #45
polle
Rookie

polle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BREAKING NEWS: 2014 ‪#‎WorldRX‬ Champion Petter Solberg to defend his title in 2015! Read more here: pettersolberg.com/blog/2014/12/31/the-trophies-say-it-all/
Old 31 Dec 2014, 20:56 (Ref:3489017)   #46
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EKS had clear goals for 2014 and 2015. 2014 they build the team and the car. 2015 World champions! Mattias DTM/WRX clashes is only in one race. So I think the No 2 Driver will be a fully committed driver.
Will it be Andrew or Pontus???
Old 31 Dec 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3489019)   #47
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
From the BTCC topic:

That's interesting to read, would definitely like to see Jordan making some more Supercar appearances. I assume there has been no word of him appearing at OMSE again in 2015?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polle View Post
BREAKING NEWS: 2014 ‪#‎WorldRX‬ Champion Petter Solberg to defend his title in 2015! Read more here: pettersolberg.com/blog/2014/12/31/the-trophies-say-it-all/
Excellent news. I think he is a great ambassador for the sport and, truth be told, I think his glory days in the WRC have been and gone.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 13:21 (Ref:3489178)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Good to see Solberg in WRX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
EKS had clear goals for 2014 and 2015. 2014 they build the team and the car. 2015 World champions! Mattias DTM/WRX clashes is only in one race. So I think the No 2 Driver will be a fully committed driver.
Due to sponsor commitments with Pirtek I find it hard to believe Jordan will leave BTCC.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3489310)   #49
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
Pontus is focusing on rally, so he will not be available at all rounds. Besides, he skipped one or more rounds in 2014 because he wanted to do rallying, if I'm not wrong.

With a few driver seats open from some teams last year I expect to return, I wonder which drivers it will be. EKS, Albatec, and Monster (?) have driver seats open I believe although I can not say for sure. JPM also needs at least one driver for testing. I hope Joni Wiman switches to WRX and I can not stop thinking about Mikko Hirvonen, could he try out WRX? Al-Attyiah too, he said he would do some rounds last year but appeared at non
Old 2 Jan 2015, 12:29 (Ref:3489491)   #50
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Due to sponsor commitments with Pirtek I find it hard to believe Jordan will leave BTCC.
I'm sure I recall reading comments last year saying that Jordan was tied into the BTCC for at least 2014 and 2015, so I wouldn't expect to see him abandon the BTCC this year.

I just had a quick look at both calendars and there is clash with a BTCC round on the weekend of Rounds 6 (Canada), 7 (Norway) and 8 (France) of the 2015 World Rallycross Championship: the rest are all clear though!