Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 29 Dec 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1801154)   #1
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ARDS form

Does anybody have simply the ARDS form for application for a new license please?

I have my own complete 2006 ARDS pack (blue book, preparation information / sheet etc etc) but not the form, and have been in contact with the MSA but don't want to pay £46 in order to get a duplicate of information bar the form which is what they say I have to do. When I'm only after the form and not the other information is a little frustrating! We will have one 07 blue book in the house when Sam renews his license and as I understand it I will receive one when applying for license so will have all the up to date information.

If anybody does have the form happy to give you something for it, would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1801170)   #2
Ali Rushforth
Racer

England
Nr Wantage, Oxfordshire
Ali Rushforth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you speak to an ARDS school, Mallory, Silverstone etc, they may be able to help you.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 13:31 (Ref:1801177)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It's a Licence
Old 30 Dec 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1801704)   #4
Tony Crossley
Rookie

Tony Crossley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can downlaod a 2007 race licence application form from the MSA website.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1801809)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having spoken to the MSA apparently it is slightly different to the one they send in the ARDS pack...
Old 30 Dec 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1801826)   #6
Ali Rushforth
Racer

England
Nr Wantage, Oxfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
It's a Licence
What I was meaning was the ARDs schools should have the required forms!
Old 30 Dec 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1801848)   #7
STEVED
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone
STEVED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Having spoken to the MSA apparently it is slightly different to the one they send in the ARDS pack...

Its a Blue Novice form and not downloadable.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1801868)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Rushforth
What I was meaning was the ARDs schools should have the required forms!
I suppose I should have quoted this
Quote:
Does anybody have simply the ARDS form for application for a new license please?......................when Sam renews his license and as I understand it I will receive one when applying for license so will have all the up to date information.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1801906)   #9
Suze
Veteran

England
Ali - are you sure the school will have them? Will give a couple a call next week when back into working week time and see, just wouldn't have thought they would have them as would need whole pack etc at the same time.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1801922)   #10
Ali Rushforth
Racer

England
Nr Wantage, Oxfordshire
Quote:
Ali - are you sure the school will have them? Will give a couple a call next week when back into working week time and see, just wouldn't have thought they would have them as would need whole pack etc at the same time.
I'm not 100% sure, but I remember when I did the JRRDS World Scholarship, a lot of people filled out there licence forms at the school.

Might be worth a try though, especially if it saves you £46.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1801923)   #11
Ali Rushforth
Racer

England
Nr Wantage, Oxfordshire
Quote:
I see what you were getting at now!!
Old 30 Dec 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1801966)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Def will give a try next week, cheers.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1802154)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
*whoosh!*
Old 31 Dec 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1802201)   #14
Suze
Veteran

England
Tim - know it's a license but need a form to complete before can take the test etc to get the license - the form is what I am after....
Old 31 Dec 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1802210)   #15
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Tim - know it's a license ...
No it's not
Old 31 Dec 2006, 15:27 (Ref:1802255)   #16
STEVED
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone
licenCe
Old 31 Dec 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1802422)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Remember:

I need a licence but I need the MSA to license me

I think.

Now we've got that sorted can we omit apostrophes in plurals please?
Old 31 Dec 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1802424)   #18
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually to answer Suze's original question, IIRC you can't just grab yourself an application form. Even though you have all the info you need, you still need a Go Racing Pack at full retail - welcome to the wonderful world of motorsport taxation.

Oh and BTW if you cadge someone else's, all the forms are numbered and should the MSA so wish they can trace back who your form was issued to, so if they claim they've "lost" theirs and you use it, Big Brother is watching.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 20:40 (Ref:1802476)   #19
Suze
Veteran

England
Asp, Steve, midgetman - apologies for poor grammar and spelling mistakes - feel free to enrol me in the local English class if you wish

midgetman - thank you for your second post.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 01:29 (Ref:1802581)   #20
STEVED
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone
No problem, It has'nt solved the problem with the ARDS form though. Brands never kept spare Novice forms when i done my test.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 07:21 (Ref:1802654)   #21
midgetman
Veteran

Couldn't resist it Steve - "hasn't solved"

(No offence meant to anyone of course)

Last edited by midgetman; 1 Jan 2007 at 07:28.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 10:44 (Ref:1802715)   #22
STEVED
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone
**** i was in a mad rush to get out yesterday.

edited: Please don't dodge the auto censor

Last edited by Tim Falce; 1 Jan 2007 at 11:32.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1802801)   #23
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
Now we've got that sorted can we omit apostrophes in plurals please?
As there is absolutely nothing else happening on here I thought I would join in with a minor correction...'it's' is an abbreviation of 'it is' not a plural of 'it'. I checked your profile in case you were an English professor and knew something I didn't and see that birthday greetings are in order...
Old 1 Jan 2007, 13:00 (Ref:1802803)   #24
Suze
Veteran

England
Well spotted, Happy Birthday midgetman!
Old 1 Jan 2007, 15:53 (Ref:1802885)   #25
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
£51 for a go racing pack is way too much - in this age the video should be online, and the form - you get a blue book with the licence. so why on earth do novices need to shell out an extra £51 when they already are spending around a grand on safety kit, a medical and the ards course itself.

To get the blue book? well you get one with your licence. Is really encouraging people to start racing?