Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Oct 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3586241)   #1
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
2015 WEC Round 7--Shanghai

This is a thread starter for the WEC Shanghai round.

I don't have the time or ability to look up everything right now, so anyone who wants and has the ability to add items such as weather forecast, entry list and other links can, though I can also do that later when I'm home.

So this is just a place holder right now to get the thread for this weekend's race started.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3586246)   #2
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Well I'm at home, so I can do that now:

Schedule

Entry List

WEC Members Stream (Paywall)

WEC Live Feed (Free, Text)

Radio Le Mans (Free, Audio)

Local Weather

Championship Standings
Old 28 Oct 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3586254)   #3
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Jay.

I'm stuck in the office and even when I get home, I have a lot of stuff to do before attending a work function tomorrow morning (as in early in the morning, while it's still dark!) and I volunteered to come into work tomorrow, too. After all, the work function is just walking distance from where I actually work at, so I might as well make some extra money if I'm going to travel across town.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3586262)   #4
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm rooting for KCMG now after G-Drives antics at the last round!
Old 29 Oct 2015, 03:06 (Ref:3586315)   #5
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
I'm rooting for KCMG now after G-Drives antics at the last round!
I'm intrigued for the decision or lack thereof, for the final incident (thought it will set quite a dangerous precedent if G-Drive receive nothing for that final contact). I reckon KCMG's championship hopes are over now though.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 06:43 (Ref:3586329)   #6
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
The stewards said that the decision wouldn't come until the Shanghai weekend (to give themselves time to review all the video footage and the data G-Drive/KCMG provided) after the mess they made of it post-race.

I'll leave it to you to decide if this is a genuine attempt to make the correct decision or if someone wants to bury the whole thing in Shanghai's pre-race, or both!
Old 29 Oct 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3586363)   #7
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
DSC are saying that they won't be surprised if no major sanctions happen to anyone over the incidents.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 12:42 (Ref:3586389)   #8
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the suits of G-Drive & Ligier were in Estoril getting very buddy buddy with Pierre Fillon while he was out testing the JSP3, and lets not forget where the ACO technical delegate, Thierry Bouvet was employed previous to his current role. Unfortunately for them, the raw data from the KCMG car is very telling so their hand is pretty forced when it comes to handing out some kind of penalty. Paul Ip is not going to take this one lightly.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 12:44 (Ref:3586390)   #9
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
DSC are saying that they won't be surprised if no major sanctions happen to anyone over the incidents.
Will ACO ever penalize their compatriots? We French do have a certain pride.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3586415)   #10
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
To quote the man I share a birthday with, here is my surprised face:

Unfortunately it will probably be up to KCMG to force the issue, at great personal expense for Ip. The title fight is over so he may decide to take the ACO on, but even then it will be shunted as far back as possible so as not to get in the way of G-Drive's celebrations.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 16:12 (Ref:3586441)   #11
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I wouldn't say the LMP2 title fight is over, but KCMG's job of fighting for it has gotten that much more difficult to the point where they almost need the leading G-Drive Ligier to DNF to become an immediate threat again, let alone get the points lead back.

It's just like in the LMP1 manufacturers' title chase, where Porsche basically only need one car to podium to not worry about things in Bahrain (they can clinch with a win or second on Sunday, or only have to reach 70% distance and finish at Bahrain). Audi almost need a double DNF from Porsche to become a serious threat there, though a 1-2 for Audi, with the #7 winning, would get them some breathing room at the top of the drivers' standings. Same's true for the #17 Porsche. But a bad race for them can bring the #18 back into the fight, too.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 03:16 (Ref:3586554)   #12
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Lotterer is already into the 1:45 range.

I also wouldn't limit the time that the #13 Rebellion's fastest lap is behind that of the #7 Audi to three digits--number of the beast...
Old 30 Oct 2015, 08:10 (Ref:3586583)   #13
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
ACO officially released their decision on the KCMG vs G-Drive. Basically, the Fuji decision stands and, according to the ACO, Bradley is primarily to blame for the incident. Penalty is a suspended stop and go penalty that may be served during a race if the car is blamed for another similar incident before the end of the season.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 08:13 (Ref:3586584)   #14
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
got a link for that? I'd also be curious to see the detailed recap of events that made them judge Bradley at fault in the face of all data available, but I fear I'll have to wait for insistent sports-car journalists to keep asking for that.
edit: (german) link including some reasoning behind it
Quote:
(KCMG's) data should've shown that Bradley didn't brake earlier.

After studying the presented data, the FIA comes to the conclusion that indeed, Bradley braked earlier. Yacaman, whose Oreca-Nissan showed the greater top-speed on the straights, hadn't been able to pass the KCMG car and thus had braked twice to prevent an accident, says the statement of the stewards. Before the crash, Bradley braked 40 meters earlier than in the laps before.

The surprised Yacaman couldn't have avoided the accident, so the FIA officials.
Now gotta find the link to the stewart's decision..

Plus, admittedly, I'll have to eat my words on Yacaman on this one. Cognitive bias and all ...

Last edited by Ephaeton; 30 Oct 2015 at 08:34.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 08:36 (Ref:3586590)   #15
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I read the whole 40 meters/50 yards earlier quote, but unless given no alternative, isn't still primarily the overtaking driver's responsibility to make a clean pass? It's not like what happened when Stefan Johannson blocked Marco Werner at Laguna Seca 8 years ago.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 08:41 (Ref:3586591)   #16
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing that should be noted: Rebellion are already a second faster than their Lola in 2013, and have gained two seconds compared to 2014 qualifying times. The problem is just that Audi and Porsche found 3-4 seconds at the same time.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 11:03 (Ref:3586624)   #17
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the final KCMG accident is ruled as their fault, ok fair enough, what about all the other incidents with G-Drive then!?
Old 30 Oct 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3586626)   #18
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
I read the whole 40 meters/50 yards earlier quote, but unless given no alternative, isn't still primarily the overtaking driver's responsibility to make a clean pass? It's not like what happened when Stefan Johannson blocked Marco Werner at Laguna Seca 8 years ago.
I think it was the short-shift into 6th that did it for Bradley. There was no reason for him to do that in a racing situation, so with the addition of the early braking the only conclusion is that he was holding up Yacaman to an unreasonable degree.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 11:29 (Ref:3586631)   #19
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, having seen the raw kcmg data, all I can say is that this decision is mind blowing and I don't expect kcmg to race of Sunday and I wouldn't blame them. This is an unbelievable showcase of extreme bias against all the facts. I'm honestly astounded.

Last edited by Ospi; 30 Oct 2015 at 11:38.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3586656)   #20
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Wow, having seen the raw kcmg data, all I can say is that this decision is mind blowing and I don't expect kcmg to race of Sunday and I wouldn't blame them. This is an unbelievable showcase of extreme bias against all the facts. I'm honestly astounded.
You are over dramatizing, the team participated in free practice after they were informed about the stewards actions. Besides, it's their home race and I assume there are (sponsor) obligations to be met.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 14:31 (Ref:3586666)   #21
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure I am, I'm just dumbfounded tbh.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 15:07 (Ref:3586675)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't follow the politics as closely as some of you guys but to an avid sportswear fan the decision is a disgrace.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 17:21 (Ref:3586699)   #23
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Timezone (chinese standard time to you) conversions for the broadcast events:
Old 30 Oct 2015, 19:43 (Ref:3586736)   #24
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Bradley being found at fault isn't surprising considering the other things he did. I imagine the not really a penalty is because he didn't do anything blatantly illegal at the end but his overall driving meant he brought it on himself.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3586752)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see Webber, the ex-F1 driver, was quickest. Porsche again? ...