Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3607418)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
'Legends of Brands Hatch' incorporating the Superprix

HSCC including Formula Junior '3 grid Jubilee Celebration', GTSCC, HGPCA, F2, STCC and Pre 80 Endurance grids
Old 10 Jun 2016, 05:39 (Ref:3648626)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
3 weeks today. I'll be back sharing the red car for GTSCC, with practice on Friday and race before lunch on Saturday. All very civilised as usual! Will help me get home and organised for LMC departure straight after the w/end......

Sadly the most important member of the team, the car owner's wife Kate, will be missing as a scheduled lengthy op has been bought forward to the Saturday. Won't be the same without Kate in charge on the pitwall, so will doing our best for her and trying not to mess up the strategy in her absence! No pressure!
Old 10 Jun 2016, 08:08 (Ref:3648660)   #3
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, this is the one circuit I do not want to miss. Driving the maroon Chev Camaro in Historic Road Sports.
Nick
Old 10 Jun 2016, 17:42 (Ref:3648758)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hoping to attend all 3 days, plans will be finalised tomorrow.

As a spectator you can't beat wandering around the GP circuit
Old 12 Jun 2016, 21:28 (Ref:3649196)   #5
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
have entered:

March 752 in Historic F2
and
Ralt RT1 in CF 3

slicks and wings weekend

RE
Old 12 Jun 2016, 22:41 (Ref:3649221)   #6
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If any of you get bored at BH, pop over to Dunsfold and have a gander at TheSupercar Event we'd be delighted to see you and any combinations of multiple £50 notes will be gratefully accepted in aid of The Children's Trust

End of blatant off thread plug.

Old 13 Jun 2016, 11:41 (Ref:3649361)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Apologies for going O/T- I've always associated the place with Land Rovers, with 'The Dunsfold Collection' being based there, but gather it is also where some TV car programme was/is filmed?

So you're not in a SC somewhere that weekend, then, Ian?
Old 13 Jun 2016, 12:09 (Ref:3649368)   #8
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
I'm afraid that a charity event for brain damaged children that raised £125k in a weekend last year comes before any racing event. See TSE website.

Old 13 Jun 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3649369)   #9
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Meanwhile back on topic I hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3654225)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There seems to have been a name change for the event- now 'Legends of Brands Hatch, incorporating the Superprix'.

Answers on a postcard, please.....

No timetable on the HSCC website yet, but have received the following provisional one courtesy of GTSCC-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GTSCC Provisional Timetable Legends of Brands Hatch.pdf (228.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 21 Jun 2016, 22:03 (Ref:3654315)   #11
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suspect rebranding is due to MSV promise to big it up as part of HSCC anniversary. Much sexier than plain old Superprix. Going to be a great weekend woteva!
Old 27 Jun 2016, 06:28 (Ref:3655344)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Entry list now on line. Wow, that's busy......

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis..._Prix_2016.pdf
Old 27 Jun 2016, 11:41 (Ref:3655376)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
If anyone can't find the SuperTouring or GTSCC cars, we will be paddocked away in the boondocks somewhere- basically the tarmac car park outside the circuit, way behind race control and the foot tunnel access to it.....
Old 27 Jun 2016, 12:06 (Ref:3655380)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
If anyone can't find the SuperTouring or GTSCC cars, we will be paddocked away in the boondocks somewhere- basically the tarmac car park outside the circuit, way behind race control and the foot tunnel access to it.....
Where.????
Old 27 Jun 2016, 12:55 (Ref:3655389)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Where.????
If you enter through main entrance, as you drive past shops on right going towards normal paddock, there are car parks way over to left. Before Pentagon..... We're in one of them!
Old 27 Jun 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3655395)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ah.
Old 27 Jun 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3655448)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
This escaped my attention- better get the old helmet polished....... Sadly don't think one hour will be enough to feature all the races.

Just got to work out how to watch the prog. Looks like yootube to the rescue!

http://www.hscc.org.uk/hscc-media/2-...c-brands-hatch
Old 27 Jun 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3655465)   #18
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The rally cars use the tarmac area opposite the back of the main hospitality buildings/retail units as a pits for their rally stage meetings because the main paddock gets utilised as part of the rally stage. There's quite a bit of room there although if Mr Cleland and the like turn up with their full entourage it could get a bit cosy! I'll be camping in my van for the weekend( although my own vehicle is not quite the luxurious abode which Alan now enjoys in the FF2000 supervan), so I hope to catch up with some of you guys over the weekend.

Last edited by justracing; 27 Jun 2016 at 20:47.
Old 1 Jul 2016, 08:25 (Ref:3656084)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As I'm not getting suntanned in Spain this weekend I might just pop up and take a look, I will be bringing some decent weather with me so you can thank me for that
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jul 2016, 08:55 (Ref:3656087)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Do you need a ticket .
Old 1 Jul 2016, 23:30 (Ref:3656194)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Do you need a ticket .
Sorry Iain I have only just seen this as we have been celebrating Sue's retirement ! I was planning on coming up on Sunday and I'll give you a ring if I do. By the way unless I turn up it will rain
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Jul 2016, 05:18 (Ref:3656202)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Gordon, I assumed you were one of the Brands Hatch 'Legends' the meeting title refers to, so would be granted access accordingly!

Our qualifying was OK, except until with couple of minutes to go! 'On it' through Clearways, and catching a Grantura rapidly, suddenly the car in question suffered a rear suspension failure. It snapped round right in front of me and I had absolutely nowhere to go, hitting it's rear quarter with my front quarter. Only the second time I've ever hit a spinning car, and Sod's law, both times in the vulnerable nosed, alloy bodied SLR! Not happy, but after watching video from our car and the car that was behind me, it really was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.....

So last eve, while I hammered out the nose as mush as possible, the lads from Brands Hatch Morgans straightened out the front frame and tie rod, and fitted a new king pin. Lucky we were racing at their local circuit! Touch wood all ready to go again.....
Old 2 Jul 2016, 06:43 (Ref:3656207)   #23
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fingers crossed all goes well Mike & for all others at BH this weekend.
Old 2 Jul 2016, 08:14 (Ref:3656217)   #24
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Mike you are not alone in hitting a spinning car at Clearways ! In a winter race years ago I was vying for the lead when a Fiesta did that about 10ft in front of me and put me out, but as the saying goes "that's motor racing"
Old 2 Jul 2016, 10:20 (Ref:3656226)   #25
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"watching" on live timing, looks lile Mike and Simon went well P6 overall
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60