Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Dec 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1490484)   #1
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yaris and Lacetti cups

We have seen in the last couple of months the new Leon and Clio cup cars. Very impressive cars by all acounts, they raise the standard of the junior touring car series.

I was expecting a new Yaris cup car to be launched however I have seen that in 06 Beru top 10 series the old car will be used. Does anybody knows if Toyota will develop the new model? And if yes who will be in charge of the project (Kronos did the previous model and did a brilliant job).

Also there was talk from Chevrolet Europe people abou launching a Lacetti cup, anyone heard something more about it?
Old 27 Dec 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1490491)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
We have seen in the last couple of months the new Leon and Clio cup cars. Very impressive cars by all acounts, they raise the standard of the junior touring car series.

I was expecting a new Yaris cup car to be launched however I have seen that in 06 Beru top 10 series the old car will be used. Does anybody knows if Toyota will develop the new model? And if yes who will be in charge of the project (Kronos did the previous model and did a brilliant job).

Also there was talk from Chevrolet Europe people abou launching a Lacetti cup, anyone heard something more about it?
Did Belgian Kronos team develop the Yaris cup car?

Since last month I didn't read anything about the Chevrolet Lacetti cup.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 14:27 (Ref:1490551)   #3
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, Kronos developed the cup version of the previous Yaris but nowdays they only deal (and very sucessfully) with WRC
Old 27 Dec 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1490684)   #4
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Toyota (Germany) decides to continue in 2007 with the new Yaris, the preparation will be done partially in house by Toyota and will have nothing what so ever to do with Kronos. Kronos was only involved because of Toyota Europe in 2001/2003.
The running of the Cup is done solely by Toyota Germany.
As my team does the whole sparepart service and hospitality unit for Toyota Germany, I hope they carry on.
We weren't able to get the new shape Yaris early enough from Japan to have it race ready and tested for 2006, hence another year with the old car.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1490777)   #5
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Thx Eddy, clear enough

One more question, I saw on the web site of the Top10 series that a new race ready Yaris is 17k Euro. Is this the real price (normal price for road going car + kit) or the cost is partially paid for by Toyota Germany? I ask this because it seems really cheap at least when I calculate the cost with the Greek price of the road going model.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1490914)   #6
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that was the price for a new car plus racing kit.
Toyota Europe did cover a part of the additional cost, otherwise it would have been some more as Kronos overdid the "tweaking" a bit.
But that happens when you have a monopoly.
Old 5 Jan 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1495347)   #7
+ its a Chevy
Rookie

England
London
+ its a Chevy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not heard anything with regards to the Lacetti cup and judging by the fact that Chevrolet are developing the Lacetti in the WTCC i can't envisage them spending a lot more budget on developing a seperate race series. I may be wrong though.