Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Mar 2001, 05:48 (Ref:74680)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know it is the 27th of March and the race isnt on until the 28th of October, but today i received in the mail this years ticketing information...

So to get in early, i wonder who is planning on going to the big race this year??
Old 27 Mar 2001, 11:10 (Ref:74703)   #2
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
28th October?! I'll be there...

I'm planning on ducking home around the end of the season here, be it long-term or just for a 'holiday' (holiday at home?!), taking in the Great Race and Gold Coast Indy. Can you e-mail me some of the pricing details, Mr Test?
Old 27 Mar 2001, 11:34 (Ref:74708)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arrrghhh...the old man has run away with the brochure...

I think it'll probably all be on http://www.indy.com.au

I've sat down and counted...this will be my 9th race on the coast...ahhh, so many memories!
Old 27 Mar 2001, 18:37 (Ref:74800)   #4
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Ten-tenths 2001 Gold Coast Indy Event Guide is now online at http://tentenths.com/eventguides/3.html
Old 27 Mar 2001, 23:40 (Ref:74858)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
You can get great pictures from the front of the grandstands even with quite a short range lens if
you’re in the front row or it’s half empty, recommended are the Beach esses and the Honda
hairpin. Watch out for the fence though it does like to sneak into your pictures!

- I'd like to correct that- you can't get great pictures from the front of the grandstand! You have to go to the back of most of the grandstands to get in a shot without any fencing.

Camping don’t be a fool the race is held in the middle of a city!

- Another thing...if ever you've been to Schoolies (the big end of year party for school leavers) that it is acceptable to camp on the beach (ie pass out)

Also, there should be an option (c) for accomodation- my floor....i think that's where i wound up for indy last year
Old 30 Mar 2001, 10:59 (Ref:75406)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't say that about the stands, cos I don't like em for photos. I'm still annoyed they moved the stand in Melbourne and I got fence everywhere.

I'll be there as usual.

Danny boy, you actually going to meet up with me this time?
Old 30 Mar 2001, 12:10 (Ref:75421)   #7
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of all the things to see at the Gold Coast, the best to me seems to be to get close to the fence on the exit to the chicane after the run up the first part of the Beach leg... where they go left then right and get over close to the wall...

There they come on hard in second gear, all noise and bluster and then drop it into third and just disappear!

Graphic illustration of acceleration and the difference between wheelspin and traction...
Old 30 Mar 2001, 12:29 (Ref:75427)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Indeed Ray, that is a rip snorter of a corner....the only problem is that they have continued to cover up the fencing there with advertisments over recent years, so there is not much room to move.

But the best thing is that it really does show how slow the V8s are
Old 30 Mar 2001, 21:17 (Ref:75553)   #9
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I hope to be there again this year. My name is on the list so I'll just have to see if I can get the same gig as last year. I'm not willing to pay to get in nowadays, as a regular competitor I just can't aford to pay for admission as a a spectator.