Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 21 Feb 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3959043)   #1
matherto
Rookie

United Kingdom
St. Helens
matherto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 1989-99 chassis registry

I'm sure I posted this a long while back when I first made the spreadsheet but I figured I could post it now and see if anyone can help me.

Does anyone know of where the cars from this era are?

https://docs.google....RFGo/edit#gid=0

The spaces for each chassis correspond to what I roughly know about how many of each were made. Some of them only have two but that's because they raced with two cars and they must've made more but I can't find out for sure, some have the chassis numbers filled out but the information tied to them is innaccurate and based on guesswork.

I wanted to keep track of where each chassis was in it's current form, not to out private collections or details but just because it's the era I grew up with. I was born in 1990 but 1989 was when the atmospheric era started so I included it.

95% of all the information on the sheet is gleaned from the internet with the rest coming from conversations with lots of helpful people along the way including a few on here in other threads about specific cars of which I'm very grateful for. The internet information includes simply where certain cars are on display in museums and so on without any idea of which specific chassis number it is so it could be that I have seen multiple images of the same chassis in different places which I need to sort out.

I know there will be plenty of people on here with vast knowledge of where the cars ended up or maybe even own a few/have access to them so I'll repeat that I don't want any private details being shared but if the knowledge is available and I can add it to my sheet then I'd massively appreciate the help. Obviously if anyone spots anything on there that shouldn't be public knowledge then tell me and I'll remove it.

I've been informed by a few that a lot of the details are out of date so editing them for accuracy would be a big help too.

Also, anybody with the Autocourse books over this period, could you help me fill out which driver drove which chassis for each race? I know they have chassis logs for the different races but as of right now I'm not in a position to buy them myself to find that information out.

Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that could help. The 90's are an overlooked period for historic racing in all forms (touring cars, GT cars, rally cars, etc) cause they're in that awkward period with needing old laptops and getting more complicated to run so they're very expensive. It'd be nice to help in some way to keep the cars in the public sphere.

Cheers all.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 00:28 (Ref:3960501)   #2
matherto
Rookie

United Kingdom
St. Helens
matherto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is the spreadsheet, noticed the link wasn't working above.