Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 13 Sep 2020, 18:15 (Ref:4002249)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I missed the start of the race but there's an FCY and it's only lap 4.
Crap missed it too, thought it was later again today.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 18:40 (Ref:4002255)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Colton Herta and also to Andretti Autosport for a podium sweep. That was a very solid drive from Colton Herta.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 20:35 (Ref:4002289)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race 2 Result:

Not the best race but not the worst and it had its moments. Shame about the start, which saw Rosenqvist punted off the track. He qualified a promising sixth.

That was a good second place for Rossi, in what has been a not very good season. He is currently 12th.

Dixon now has a 72 point lead over Newgarden, with three rounds to go.
Attached Thumbnails
indycar-boxscore-R2.jpg  
Old 14 Sep 2020, 02:23 (Ref:4002350)   #29
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A couple of dominant races on the weekend. Andretti 1,2,3, F oh Marco... Helluva save into T1 for Marco, I must say.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 21:20 (Ref:4002503)   #30
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wish OWard had qualified better for each race. He could have been a contender!

Also, good job by Rahal to have a pair of 4ths.

And where did Andretti come from in race two? they have been nowhere all season and then they lock out the podium???
Old 15 Sep 2020, 04:47 (Ref:4002533)   #31
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mid-Ohio looked beautiful this weekend. I thought both races were very entertaining! Dixon was a little off but recovered well enough on Sunday.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 04:03 (Ref:4002726)   #32
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wish OWard had qualified better for each race. He could have been a contender!

Also, good job by Rahal to have a pair of 4ths.

And where did Andretti come from in race two? they have been nowhere all season and then they lock out the podium???

Andretti cars weren't far off the pace in race 1 (finished 3rd, 5th, 9th) but seemingly made the right adjustments for race 2. RHR qualified 2nd in race 1, 8th in race 2. Rossi qualified 6th in race 1, 10th in race 2. So other than Herta, it wasn't that they had super pace in qualifying for race 2. They just got everything right for the race conditions.
Old 19 Sep 2020, 05:28 (Ref:4003725)   #33
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
The crowd looked large for only 6k. Wither there were more than 6k, or I have to readjust my judgement when i guess the size of crowds there. Looks like 25k would be packed in there.

Man, when dixon has a stinker, he finishes 10th. All other drivers, they have a bad day, they finish 16th, 22nd, etc... its nuts.

I must be in the minority, in that mid ohio is not that impressive to me. I have seen lots of races on tv there, and it just doesn't stand out as super impressive. Good racing these two races, though.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 16:51 (Ref:4005111)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
The crowd looked large for only 6k. Wither there were more than 6k, or I have to readjust my judgement when i guess the size of crowds there. Looks like 25k would be packed in there.

Man, when dixon has a stinker, he finishes 10th. All other drivers, they have a bad day, they finish 16th, 22nd, etc... its nuts.

I must be in the minority, in that mid ohio is not that impressive to me. I have seen lots of races on tv there, and it just doesn't stand out as super impressive. Good racing these two races, though.
What would you say Mid-Ohio lacks, that doesn't make it super impressive? I've never been and only watched races on TV and as a race track, it produces good racing.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 17:25 (Ref:4005115)   #35
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What would you say Mid-Ohio lacks, that doesn't make it super impressive? I've never been and only watched races on TV and as a race track, it produces good racing.
I can't put a finger on it, really. I also think it produces good racing, which makes it harder to pinpoint why I'm not impressed. It just doesn't look as impressive as some other road courses. Maybe it looks sort of like a club track to me? I dont know...
Old 20 Sep 2020, 18:42 (Ref:4005145)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I can't put a finger on it, really. I also think it produces good racing, which makes it harder to pinpoint why I'm not impressed. It just doesn't look as impressive as some other road courses. Maybe it looks sort of like a club track to me? I dont know...
I know what you mean about a club track. It reminds me a bit of Brands Hatch in the mid 70s, it's a little rough and ready, there aren't nice wide colorful rumble strips and run off areas. We saw what happened to Dixon in Race 2 at Turn 1. He went a bit wide, got the right rear off the rumble strip and into the mud and spun it but I like that. The driver has to really stick within the track limits, none of this stuff you see in F1.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 20:10 (Ref:4005175)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's probably the "lack of speed" (i think the average speed is low compared to other road courses? Not sure) or that we're used to seeing a lot of the run offs.

The place is great, generally produces fun racing and just looks like a blast to drive around; I think it's pretty quick, too. Looks pretty, too. I want to get there one day.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 20:33 (Ref:4005183)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It's probably the "lack of speed" (i think the average speed is low compared to other road courses? Not sure) or that we're used to seeing a lot of the run offs.

The place is great, generally produces fun racing and just looks like a blast to drive around; I think it's pretty quick, too. Looks pretty, too. I want to get there one day.
Lap times are dowm. Simon Pagenaud set the lap record in 2016, at 1:03.870, 127.271 mph (204.822) km/h when IndyCar was running the Chevy and Honda aerokits, which produced more downforce. Will Power's pole for Race 1 was, 1:06.3345 122.543 mph (197.214 km/h). The Universal Aerokit produces less downforce, plus there is the extra weight of the Aeroscreen.