Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:04 (Ref:4005446)   #1
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
BTCC Rounds 16 - 18 Silverstone

Will it or won't it happen?

Will Bartie and / or TOCA allow nut job Neate loose on the track?

Will #HARD have fitted the missing elastic band to Nic Hamilton's car?

Will Matt Neale be the new improved Matt Neale we saw at Thruxton?

Will Turks overtake Ash Sutton to regain the championship lead?

Who is Hong Kong Phooey?
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:10 (Ref:4005451)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A yes, a no, a maybe, a possibly, a certainly.

And a #1 super guy.

**not necessarily in that order**

Last edited by crmalcolm; 21 Sep 2020 at 21:19.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:11 (Ref:4005453)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Matt Neale suddenly add an extra 'e' to his surname?!

To be fair to him he hasn't had much luck this year either, but he's clearly been in Cammish's shadow.
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:13 (Ref:4005455)   #4
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
a certainly..
what makes you so sure ?

17 points is quite a gap but granted this time Sutton has the full ballast
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:15 (Ref:4005458)   #5
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

without his $$$ Bartie may not even have a car on the grid this year
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:20 (Ref:4005462)   #6
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
what makes you so sure ?

17 points is quite a gap but granted this time Sutton has the full ballast
Depends on which order the answers are.....
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:22 (Ref:4005464)   #7
porsche962fan
Veteran

let's hope Sutton has a really rotten weekend

and before anyone brings out the forks !!!

this would give a real chance to Tingram, Butcher, and Cammish at the title otherwise the gap is simply too big

Sutton 209
Turks 193
Tingram 177
Butcher 175
Cammish 167
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:26 (Ref:4005465)   #8
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
without his $$$ Bartie may not even have a car on the grid this year
He could park one of the cars and not have to worry about losing a TBL (potentially)
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:28 (Ref:4005466)   #9
porsche962fan
Veteran

again, look at Motorbase cars, they are sponsorless , Neate's money is very likely financing the other cars too, if Neate goes then Butcher might be gone too
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4005467)   #10
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very true, makes you wonder how much of the team Neates money is paying for
Old 21 Sep 2020, 21:51 (Ref:4005469)   #11
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Will #HARD have fitted the missing elastic band to Nic Hamilton's car?

Will Matt Neale be the new improved Matt Neale we saw at Thruxton?

Will Turks overtake Ash Sutton to regain the championship lead?

Who is Hong Kong Phooey?
Is it Penry*, the mild mannered janitor?

*after years of thinking it was Henry, I found it was actually Penry Pooch. My life has changed immeasurably!
Old 22 Sep 2020, 06:46 (Ref:4005502)   #12
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Befit of those with difficulty spelling.
Phil Neale is the England Cricket manager
Phil Neal is the Ex england footballer and assistant manager.
Matt Neal is the BTCc racer

It really is very simple!
Old 22 Sep 2020, 07:23 (Ref:4005510)   #13
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Very true, makes you wonder how much of the team Neates money is paying for
A fair whack, however I also believe Motorbase had built up a cushion to fall back on: after being left in the lurch a few years back. I'm pretty sure the Beavis Morgan backing is Oli Jacksons, and is prominent on all the cars unless I'm getting confused again.

Maybe Bartie will do a "PMR" and bring in drivers with budget for a round or two to plug the gap.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 07:25 (Ref:4005511)   #14
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post

Try telling my autocorrect, although it can only take some of the blame!
Old 22 Sep 2020, 08:03 (Ref:4005517)   #15
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
A fair whack, however I also believe Motorbase had built up a cushion to fall back on: after being left in the lurch a few years back. I'm pretty sure the Beavis Morgan backing is Oli Jacksons, and is prominent on all the cars unless I'm getting confused again.

Maybe Bartie will do a "PMR" and bring in drivers with budget for a round or two to plug the gap.
Beavis Morgan and Alcon are Jacksons sponsors, Cardowan is Butchers which I think has spread to the others. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Motorbase at the moment...
Old 22 Sep 2020, 08:24 (Ref:4005520)   #16
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

So is Nealing before football matches something else?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 08:24 (Ref:4005521)   #17
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there actually anything that would suggest Neate is to be thrown out by Motorbase or TOCA? I haven't read anything that he'll have his license taken away for now or even that the whole case will be taken further?

Also, it's not exactly the time to just throw out (likely more than) a third of your budget to be honest. Especially if you've just invested heavily in the design and build of three new cars. Unless Neate runs out of interest himself or gets his license taken away for further offences, I would be surprised to see him out before the end of the season.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 08:34 (Ref:4005522)   #18
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Paul O'Neal any relation?

I'd like some weather this weekend, that would put the cat amongst the pigeons.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 08:47 (Ref:4005525)   #19
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
Is there actually anything that would suggest Neate is to be thrown out by Motorbase or TOCA? I haven't read anything that he'll have his license taken away for now or even that the whole case will be taken further?
Nothing at all but it does make you wonder. Barty's no fool, like you say he's not just going to throw away a large chunk of money after the matter has been settled. At the end of the day its not really reflected badly on the team as such, its not like they told Neate to do it. And TOCA aren't going to get involved unless Neate or Bartrum make a move first.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 09:03 (Ref:4005531)   #20
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
At the end of the day its not really reflected badly on the team as such, its not like they told Neate to do it.
I'm not certain that is a view that is commonly shared. A lot of posters on this forum felt that the signing of Neate in itself reflected badly on the team, and this will only entrench that opinion.....

'Bartie: Matt Jackson must be laughing his ******** off at you.'

'They've [Motorbase] lost mine [respect] , that's for sure.'

'Motorbase have been an utter joke'

'they'll have no fans, no publicity, just negativity'

'Motorbase had an utterly underwhelming lineup last year and they've managed to out-do themselves'

'The bad publicity and sheer scale of criticism from fans over social media over the past 12+ hours surely must make them realise that absolutely no one will take them seriously after this.'
Old 22 Sep 2020, 09:12 (Ref:4005532)   #21
Tja
Racer

Quote:
Nothing at all but it does make you wonder. Barty's no fool, like you say he's not just going to throw away a large chunk of money after the matter has been settled. At the end of the day its not really reflected badly on the team as such, its not like they told Neate to do it. And TOCA aren't going to get involved unless Neate or Bartrum make a move first.

Agreed, so far Neate seemed to be in the centre of the attention also during the TV coverage. I don't think they dropped the name Motorbase once. Plus Butcher is showing what team and car are theoretically capable of. Now if Neate were to start pulling the team down with him, I guess we'd see a reaction from Motorbase as well. For the moment, I don't think we'll see any reaction. The fact that they've taken him on despite his history in the series would suggest they can't really afford to do anything else.

Let's hope they've had a chat internally and he gets back to the way he was driving earlier in the season.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 09:16 (Ref:4005533)   #22
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can we just leave the Andy neate chat to the thruxton thread instead of filling the Silverstone one up as well
Old 22 Sep 2020, 09:37 (Ref:4005538)   #23
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there will be plenty of drivers approaching Barty this winter to get a seat for next year. Those cars will be serious contenders with a years worth of data behind them.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 10:16 (Ref:4005550)   #24
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I am a huge Turks fan, but despite that I wouldn't mind if Sutton won it again, he is a great driver and he is obviously driving the wheels off that Q50, and I think he is doing it the right way too. I dare say he is slightly more aggressive than Turkington, but he's not really a driver who nudges and bashes their way to the front like some others have in the past.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 11:40 (Ref:4005560)   #25
Tja
Racer

Interesting post by Team Dynamics today:

https://twitter.com/TeamDynamics/sta...52157989703680

Out of interest, why would they take both cars apart like this with such a short turnaround between the races? New engines going in?