Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2003, 11:44 (Ref:732701)   #1
Flossyhead baaa
Rookie

Flossyhead baaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First corner incident ?

With so much at stake this weekend , do you think someone with nothing to loose ( ie Panis ) could have a big stab up the inside at the first corner and cause havoc at turn 1 ?

The 3 main title contenders will surley not want to risk it all .
Old 28 Sep 2003, 11:58 (Ref:732706)   #2
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think that Panis is the sort to do that....although, it could be possible. I was thinking that RB could simply take out Kimi at the first corner, and doing so would make Michael's championship much easier with one less contender, Kimi would be practically out of the championship fight then, unless of course JPM or MS didnt finish.....................and how likely is that?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 12:02 (Ref:732707)   #3
stubert
Rookie

stubert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Panis will be a problem but Rubens might. He needs to lead the race so he can slow the pace in the infield. That might give MS a chance if he is running a heavy fuel load.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 12:08 (Ref:732712)   #4
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lets hope they all get through cleanly - that would be an anti- climax, huge pile-up in turn 1
Old 28 Sep 2003, 12:17 (Ref:732717)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
How tight is turn 1? Has there been pile-ups there in any previous races?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 12:25 (Ref:732721)   #6
stubert
Rookie

stubert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they said turn one is less then 50 mph. I don't remember any big pile-ups but there is a good chance for one.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 12:27 (Ref:732724)   #7
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone will be taking it easy. Who wants to be the guy that brings the Championship to a premature end?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 13:12 (Ref:732749)   #8
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turn 1 doesn't have a history of mass pile ups so to speak, but it is tight and Ralf and Monty managed to trip over themselves there last year. But the title was over last year - this year its a fight.

If Rubens does get to lead on lap one, then it would be relatively easy for him to hold up the race through the twisty midfield, thus benefitting Michael on the heavier fuel - if he is heavier, and especially if he is so much heavier that he requires one less stop - which seems unfeasibly heavy to me. Then the focus of Rubens lap is to get a good exit on to the banking so as to make it all the way down the wide straight back down to turn one and start the whole thing again. I can't see this happening. Williams are quicker in a straight line this weekend and that straight is too long to keep back a Mclaren that is in the draught, or a Williams that is anywhere near him.
So its difficult to see what Ferrari can pull of this weekend as regards teamwork. Also don't forget, Michael will have to deal with Alonso before he can even start to think about anyone else.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 13:29 (Ref:732754)   #9
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Panis doing anything like that on purpose. He's got his own race to run, he's desperate for a good result and he knows better than to snarl up somebody else's race if a championship is at stake.

Toyota are in a close battle for a place in the championship, Toyota have a huge market in the USA which they want to utilise and it won't look good if a Toyota mucks it up.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 13:30 (Ref:732755)   #10
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by stubert
... but Rubens might. He needs to lead the race so he can slow the pace in the infield.
If he do that, Montoya will be leading after lap #5 !!!

He can´t block that Williams on last sector.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 13:46 (Ref:732769)   #11
The Other Chris
Rookie

The Other Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rubens wont take the lead because ferrari's launch control(relative to mac williams and renault) is garbage. He'll probably even lose a spot then get hounded by monty.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 13:56 (Ref:732778)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well , ive just seen a interview with Panis , and he said that he isnt concerned for the championship battle...he just wants to give Toyota their best ever finish .
Old 28 Sep 2003, 14:16 (Ref:732790)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's worrying. JPM had a 17kph advantage over Panis in the speed trap, which means he's going to be right with him in t1.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 14:37 (Ref:732795)   #14
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope there is not a pile up at the first corner and take out any of the main contenders, not only would it spoil the race but it would also spoil the championship and thats the last thing we want at this late stage. The interesting thing to watch out for will be if rubins can get in front of montoya to keep him at bay. This could be a big help to MS if he is carrying more fuel but would that come under to use of team orders?
Old 28 Sep 2003, 14:48 (Ref:732802)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
GO GO GO MONTOYA!!!!!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 14:51 (Ref:732803)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Umm..... Rubens isn't the type to take someone out on purpose and even if he is Ferrari wont want another conspiracy so they'll tell him to play it clean
Old 28 Sep 2003, 14:54 (Ref:732806)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the first lap should be clean towards the front. All the drivers who aren't in the title hunt will know how much of an embarassment it would be if they got involved, and with so many team-mates in there, controversy would be certain if, say, DC clashed with Michael.

Montoya moving up into second seems like a possibility, considering that Ferrari ahve a problem with launch control eprformance and Panis isn't used to being up the fornt. If that's the case, he might be able to harry Kimi, but most important thing for Montoya (and Michael) is to not let Kimi build up enough of a gap to be able to lead with an extra pitstop
Old 28 Sep 2003, 14:57 (Ref:732811)   #18
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rubens being on a lighter load will probably be able to keep JPM behind.

Watch out for Fernando that guy could move to 3rd with that launch control
Old 28 Sep 2003, 14:58 (Ref:732812)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
I think DC's lap shows that KIMI is running light, yeah OK... DC has had a miserable year but this weekend he looked strong
Old 28 Sep 2003, 15:06 (Ref:732819)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
I think DC's lap shows that KIMI is running light, yeah OK... DC has had a miserable year but this weekend he looked strong
I think it is a bit of both. I don't think Kimi is running 0.6s slower than Kimi. I'd have thought McLaren would want him up there more.

I also don't think Rubens is running 0.4s lighter than Michael. However I do think he may be lighter, it sort of makes sense and Ferrai have tried it before.

Both are perhaps a combination of fuel and mess ups.

However this is all pure speculation on my part (, but apparently it is this sort of thing that makes F1 exciting).
Old 28 Sep 2003, 15:09 (Ref:732820)   #21
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Well thats the fun with the new rules, Williams boys could run the longest i think
Old 28 Sep 2003, 15:09 (Ref:732821)   #22
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets hope that frentzen remembers that he has got mirrors. Another performance like what we seen at monza could cost one of these guys the crown
Old 28 Sep 2003, 15:12 (Ref:732823)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fun? I just want to see the racing! he he.

Back on topic and back to the fun: ralf fan I think you could be right about Williams. My guess is that they have purely thought of the race. Additionally I get the impression that Montoya sacrificed Q speed for race set-up (rear set-up to save tyres?).
Old 28 Sep 2003, 16:04 (Ref:732877)   #24
Yunis
Rookie

Yunis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
montoya was topping 350k's down the main straight...so he is 6mph up on ms, and as much as 12mpch on the bars/jags and 18mph on the minows and jordan!!
Old 28 Sep 2003, 16:11 (Ref:732888)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I expect Ralf Schumacher to be a danger today, not just at the first corner.

I've just got this funny feeling about him........