Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Nov 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3865256)   #136
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 11,063
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Talking of Peter Auto and Historic F2, it appears that their attempt to run an alternative series to the HSCC official FIA one has run out of steam, and it will not continue into 2019. Victory for the HSCC?

Will be interesting to see what if anything fills the hole in weekend timetables. Perhaps the more modern endurance cars that have demo’d at some events will get to race.....
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 23 Nov 2018, 20:37 (Ref:3865304)   #137
Lancsbreaker
Veteran
 
Lancsbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
England
Padiham, Lancashire
Posts: 2,509
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Pity they didn't spend any on the roads.
It's even worse than Oulton Park to get to.

Last time I went it took over 6 hours to do the 200 or so miles getting there and I vowed never again.

Funny, that, I have somewhat similar feelings about Brands Hatch......I don't get dizzy going round Anglesey, though
Lancsbreaker is offline  
__________________
Richard Murtha: Back Racing with CSCC, and another first, I've finally done a rolling start!
Quote
Old 24 Nov 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3865429)   #138
Willmaz223
Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 106
Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Talking of Peter Auto and Historic F2, it appears that their attempt to run an alternative series to the HSCC official FIA one has run out of steam, and it will not continue into 2019. Victory for the HSCC?
Will be interesting to see what if anything fills the hole in weekend timetables. Perhaps the more modern endurance cars that have demo’d at some events will get to race.....
They will probably go back to the old timetable they had in 2016 or just invite some grids like the HGPCA for example.Shame it didnt work out.
Willmaz223 is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Nov 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3865430)   #139
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 11,063
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
They will probably go back to the old timetable they had in 2016 or just invite some grids like the HGPCA for example.Shame it didnt work out.
Yes, there are some events where invited grids join in. Formula Junior will be at Dijon, for example.

The F2 series was added at the request of some customers that had suitable cars but preferred to race them with PA along with their other cars. Obviously a cost saving... However, the possibility of the series taking cars away from the established FIA championship run by the HSCC caused some friction, but it didn’t happen- only 6 to 8 cars at most meetings!
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 24 Nov 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3865446)   #140
Mike Crow
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 9
Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This, and the news that F2 will be at the Silverstone Classic, is really great news. F2 is, in my opinion, far and away the best historic series. The cars are wonderful. Impressively quick, sound fabulous and bring back fond memories. i love it.
Mike Crow is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Nov 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3865485)   #141
andy97
Veteran
 
andy97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Posts: 3,792
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The CSCC draft calendar was announced a few weeks ago but there have been some changes forced by changes to the DTM date at Brands I think.

The revised calendar is here

https://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/race-calendar

Note: the Magnificent 7s have an outing on the Brands Hatch GP circuit, Thruxton returns and each series has a 2 day, 2 layout meeting at Anglesey (well worth the trip).
andy97 is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Nov 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3865527)   #142
Willmaz223
Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 106
Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, there are some events where invited grids join in. Formula Junior will be at Dijon, for example.

The F2 series was added at the request of some customers that had suitable cars but preferred to race them with PA along with their other cars. Obviously a cost saving... However, the possibility of the series taking cars away from the established FIA championship run by the HSCC caused some friction, but it didn’t happen- only 6 to 8 cars at most meetings!
One race they only had 3 finishers I think nice cars and are basically a lesser version of historic f1.Will be interesting having F1,F2 & F3 at the classic.Wonder if this will push up historic f1 entries a bit asits been falling abit recently.Doesnt help at the Classic with having the support race at the GP in my opinion.👍
Willmaz223 is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Nov 2018, 22:48 (Ref:3865528)   #143
Willmaz223
Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 106
Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
One race they only had 3 finishers I think nice cars and are basically a lesser version of historic f1.Will be interesting having F1,F2 & F3 at the classic.Wonder if this will push up historic f1 entries a bit asits been falling abit recently.Doesnt help at the Classic with having the support race at the GP in my opinion.👍
Oh the terrible spelling typing on my phone half asleep.
Willmaz223 is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Nov 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3865635)   #144
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 11,063
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
You can go back in and edit, if within a few minutes and no other posts have been made.

Jag Challenge calendar next season is not official, but heavily rumoured at their annual prize giving supper (at the Classic Works- very impressive) to be-

May-
Donington HF
Silverstone International Trophy HSCC

June-
Dijon (Maybe l’Age d’Or?)
Brand Hatch ‘Legends of’ HSCC

August-
Croft ‘Nostalgia’ HSCC

September-
Spa 6hrs meetiing

Nice selection if the calendar is rubber stamped! Unfortunately the E Type I’ve raced in the series with its owner is being ‘retired’ by said owner, so will be watching from the sidelines...... Although E Types form a large percentage of most races now, still a very nice series with mostly owner drivers and good driving standards.
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 25 Nov 2018, 07:22 (Ref:3865646)   #145
delta
Subscriber
Veteran
 
delta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
United Kingdom
Reading UK
Posts: 6,855
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any pots for you and James Mike ?
delta is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Nov 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3865719)   #146
Willmaz223
Racer
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 106
Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am aware 😁 although I liked to explain the consistency of the crime 😁.

The jag classic is a good series but tbh is becoming more of the old E Type Challenge.Good racing though.
Willmaz223 is offline  
Quote
Old 28 Nov 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3866565)   #147
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 11,063
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
The 2019 Morgan Challenge calendar is now public, and as usual they are joining other club’s / organiser’s events. No visit to Spa for the Summer Classic mentioned.....

April 14th at Silverstone with VSCC. (‘Spring Start’ or ‘Formula Vintage Round 1’ if you have to )

April 27/28th at Brands Hatch with MGCC.

June 16th at Mallory with the Classic & Modern grids.

July 20/21st at Donington with MGCC.

August ? at Silverstone with Bentley Drivers Club. (Usually first w/end, which would be 3rd or 4th)

September 14th at Castle Combe with CCRC.

October 5th at Snetterton with MGCC.
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 28 Nov 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3866568)   #148
bauble
Veteran
 
bauble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
Posts: 3,977
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The 2019 Morgan Challenge calendar is now public, and as usual they are joining other club’s / organiser’s events. No visit to Spa for the Summer Classic mentioned.....

April 14th at Silverstone with VSCC. (‘Spring Start’ or ‘Formula Vintage Round 1’ if you have to )

April 27/28th at Brands Hatch with MGCC.

June 16th at Mallory with the Classic & Modern grids.

July 20/21st at Donington with MGCC.

August ? at Silverstone with Bentley Drivers Club. (Usually first w/end, which would be 3rd or 4th)

September 14th at Castle Combe with CCRC.

October 5th at Snetterton with MGCC.
And the Champion wins the Peter Collins Tray, but many don't know who Peter Collins was. Shame.
bauble is offline  
__________________
When asking; "Is he joking?" Best assume yes!
Quote
Old 28 Nov 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3866576)   #149
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 11,063
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
And the Champion wins the Peter Collins Tray, but many don't know who Peter Collins was. Shame.
Well let’s help educate them, then......

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...-peter-collins
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 28 Nov 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3866645)   #150
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 11,063
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Masters have announced their North American calendar for 2019. Now not just HF1, but Endurance Legends as well....


http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...-of-expansion/
Mike Bell is offline  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Historic race dates and club calendar thread Mike Bell Historic Racing Today 189 27 Aug 2018 01:37
2017 Historic Race Meetings, dates, club calendars.... Mike Bell Historic Racing Today 198 5 Mar 2017 16:14
2016 Historic Race meeting dates / club calendars Mike Bell Historic Racing Today 156 7 Oct 2016 11:41
2015 Historic Formula Ford Race Series. Race dates, Info, contacts, news dikko Club Level Single Seaters 17 7 Nov 2015 22:27


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.