Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Goodwood 77th Members' Meeting
Calendar: Historic Racing
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett

6 Apr 2019 to 7 Apr 2019 07:30 to 19:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

Programme to be Issued.

Old 6 Dec 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3868322)   #46
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
I think I may have commented at the time but I felt that this year there appeared to be a lot of BTCC Style driving at Goodwood and BTCC Drivers were often not the culprits...
Old 6 Dec 2018, 18:15 (Ref:3868339)   #47
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
It was Martin Donnelly that censured Jackie Oliver and totally ****ed him off. I think he was stronger than people expected.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Dec 2018, 21:42 (Ref:3868385)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That was the revival. I was referring to the MM.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 07:58 (Ref:3868466)   #49
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, I've raced with Mike a few times, clean as a whistle and we were separated by nanoseconds ( albeit in very different cars)

I think the 'business interests' have created more pressure to perform for some though

A lot of this thread is repeating others from the same venue over recent years . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I don’t think anyone is suggesting otherwise......
Old 7 Dec 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3868483)   #50
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
A lot of this thread is repeating others from the same venue over recent years . . . .
Yes! Probably my fault for posting about the clash between both Goody meetings and BTCC rounds.....
Old 7 Dec 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3868565)   #51
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was thinking more along the lines of incisents and the way they're dealt with . . .or not . . .and who picks up the tab!

Quote:
Yes! Probably my fault for posting about the clash between both Goody meetings and BTCC rounds.....
Old 11 Dec 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3869377)   #52
Surf 1275
Rookie

Surf 1275 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
The "and variants" may include the Broadspeed Coupe" if there are any examples available, built, restored or invented by that time.

Variants I'm pretty sure means factory built Minis like the Elf and Hornet, as opposed to derivatives like the Ogle, Broadspeed GT and Mini Marcos.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 11:58 (Ref:3869390)   #53
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf 1275 View Post
Variants I'm pretty sure means factory built Minis like the Elf and Hornet, as opposed to derivatives like the Ogle, Broadspeed GT and Mini Marcos.
Iím sure youíre right, but does anyone race an FIA Elf or Hornet?

Yet.
Old 11 Dec 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3869450)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And as if by magic.....

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/...f-1968/9074908
Old 11 Dec 2018, 18:08 (Ref:3869482)   #55
Malcolm Smith
Racer

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Iím sure youíre right, but does anyone race an FIA Elf or Hornet?

Yet.
Immaculate Elf at Donington 2012:
Attached Thumbnails
1  DSCF7978.JPG   2 DSCF8064.JPG  
Old 11 Dec 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3869487)   #56
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Immaculate Elf at Donington 2012:
That looks more FIA.....
Old 12 Dec 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3869623)   #57
Duddha
Racer

France
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That looks more FIA.....
I would think that apart from a very few proportion of cars which are mainly in northern countries or where Appendix K is truly enforced, the Mini race won't be FIA except for the papers that will be waived in that paddock and weekend.

The dog engagement gearbox, quaife and funny flywheels and so on that either are "standard" fittments for "reliability" or used for the later to extract even more of the cars have simply rendered them silhouettes...

That silhouette term would surely suit the name of the race... And yes, on the papers everything is right but as nobody takes them apart or dares to look and say something.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3869625)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
That looks more FIA.....

I'm surprised it doesn't run a Weber. So, question. Is the DCOE homologated for the Mini Cooper or Cooper S? I ask because I've not really looked at Minis before.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 10:32 (Ref:3869639)   #59
Gerard C
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That looks more FIA.....
In Grp 1 or T, homologation forms give SU's only on ally manifold, HS2 or H4 depending on year and displacement.
Grp2 gives them limited slip differential BMC type, 8 port ally head and peg drive wheels if I'm correct plus other period correct mods. If legally used of course.
Old 12 Dec 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3869642)   #60
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm surprised it doesn't run a Weber. So, question. Is the DCOE homologated for the Mini Cooper or Cooper S? I ask because I've not really looked at Minis before.
When I did the GM Gp1 race I was paddocked next to a 1275GT that pretty sure had twin sidedraft webers..... Not crossflow head, however.

As Duddha says, the grid will likely be one of the ones where the scrutineers are told to concentrate on safety only.... Would be good to see a full grid of fully compliant FiA cars though, it would be more in line with the original period Mini races they are referencing!