Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Spa Six Hours
Calendar: Historic Racing
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett

14 Sep 2018 to 16 Sep 2018 07:00 to 17:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

The legend that is the Spa 6hrs race for FIA pre ‘66 saloons and GTs. Usually attracts well over 100 entries and lots of British spectators.....

Also includes-
Motor Racing Legends: Pre-War Sports Cars; Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy; Stirling Moss Trophy;

Masters grids x 5.

HSCC closed wheel combined grid.

Formula Junior.

Old 16 Aug 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3844071)   #16
356sc
Racer

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fewer and fewer tiddlers entered.... shame
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 16 Aug 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3844074)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We've been saying the same for years.

I remember Cortina, Alfas and minis, even the Maskells in an Anglia. My customer with a G4 won't do it now, It all started with the ban on SR's and the exchange rate meaning a septic tank was cheaper than a Lada riva!

I think we suggested before, perhaps a sub 1600 or 1500cc, 3 hr enduro earlier in the day. Let the sports racers back in, they only have FJ engines in them after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Old 17 Aug 2018, 06:04 (Ref:3844144)   #18
Terenceb
Rookie

Terenceb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post

Possibly lost interest due to the GT40 Owners club taking over last year?
Old 17 Aug 2018, 08:21 (Ref:3844162)   #19
gary396
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's still a great event to watch, the atmosphere during the build up to and during the six-hour race is superb - no matter what the weather. But I know what you mean about the GT40s.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 08:27 (Ref:3844164)   #20
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
It's still a great event to watch, the atmosphere during the build up to and during the six-hour race is superb - no matter what the weather. But I know what you mean about the GT40s.
Even when not been entered in the 6hrs, I've still been drawn to watch it as much as possible. From trackside if dry, and from the brasserie (or someone's hospitality ) if otherwise.... The atmosphere is pretty special.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3844173)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Even when not been entered in the 6hrs, I've still been drawn to watch it as much as possible. From trackside if dry, and from the brasserie (or someone's hospitality ) if otherwise.... The atmosphere is pretty special.
Yes I still think this is the big event for me in the year . In the wet you can mix it with the GT40,s great fun . Probably annoying hey WTF. 😀😀😀
Old 17 Aug 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3844177)   #22
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is the best event annually, for the atmosphere and actual racing, quantity and quality, and of course the natural setting

Although I miss the service sheds for refreshments/snacks.
Old 17 Aug 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3844184)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still miss it when I don't go and this year is one of those years.
Old 6 Sep 2018, 06:29 (Ref:3848440)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We have deciddd to take large truck to Spa next week as our usual transport people are not doing it for first time in twenty years
Have a space if anyone wants it!
The best annual event and stacks of interest on here
Ten years ago more pages filled than there are replies this year
The world changes
VSCC specials let into Pre War race and threetake up the offer
Unusual times!
Old 6 Sep 2018, 07:19 (Ref:3848441)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A lot of discussion, these days happens on Facebook and Twitter. It's the same across the forum.

That said I hope the weekend is successful for everyone, I miss it every time I can't be there.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 18:58 (Ref:3848887)   #26
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone prone to missing drivers briefings, be warned- €150 Euro fine at Spa!

Now how about a fine for any driver not listening to what’s being said in the briefing......

Old 8 Sep 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3848889)   #27
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Anyone prone to missing drivers briefings, be warned- €150 Euro fine at Spa!

Now how about a fine for any driver not listening to what’s being said in the briefing......

How would you know?
Old 8 Sep 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3848902)   #28
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
How would you know?
If you mean ‘how would you know if a driver has missed the briefing?’ Normal practice is that you have to sign against your name on a list. One organiser now hole punches your wrist band.....

If you mean ‘how would you know if a driver has paid attention?’ -Maybe a written test afterwards...

You wouldn’t believe how often, after the CoC has hammered home a particular point, it’s questioned again by someone at the end.....
Old 8 Sep 2018, 20:23 (Ref:3848904)   #29
356sc
Racer

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...or ignored when they get out on the track!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Sep 2018, 20:25 (Ref:3848905)   #30
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
And that.....