Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 May 2021, 06:47 (Ref:4049969)   #1261
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We have what is called here Carte Vitale, a kind of ID of health with all necessary data, like previous surgery, illness or comorbidities. Works fine for people over 60, we receive automatic warnings for the flu or colonoscopy each year.
Unfortunately it seems that the use during the covid is far from perfect, people being able to have several appointments for a jab. Incredible when you think what can be done with any computer system nowadays.
Old 6 May 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4049972)   #1262
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
We have what is called here Carte Vitale, a kind of ID of health with all necessary data, like previous surgery, illness or comorbidities. Works fine for people over 60, we receive automatic warnings for the flu or colonoscopy each year.
Unfortunately it seems that the use during the covid is far from perfect, people being able to have several appointments for a jab. Incredible when you think what can be done with any computer system nowadays.
It works quite well - once you have actually got one!

It took me well over a year, as they repeatedly 'lost my paperwork'. Goodness knows how many copies of my passport are floating around in then French system! They never ask you for everything at once either, there is always something else they need.

The best bit was when they decided they needed an official translation of my birth certificate (why? name, date & place are the same in any language). Anyway, person who did it for me sensibly printed it as British on one side of the paper & French on the other. They wrote back to me with "we also need a copy of the original...".

Turn the page, love.
Old 6 May 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4049973)   #1263
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now they are studying a "pass sanitaire" for French which could be added to the european one… Bloomy technocrats! Imagine you have to show three passports at the border? Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire compliqué?
Old 6 May 2021, 07:20 (Ref:4049974)   #1264
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It works quite well - once you have actually got one!
Sure it works and sometimes better than should… In the hospital waiting room, I was standing close to foreigners, they were six with only one Carte Vitale, threatening the doctor and nurses!
Old 6 May 2021, 07:25 (Ref:4049978)   #1265
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
For a race meeting I wonder how they will manage now. OK for the video briefing, I like it, easy to understand, easy to watch it several times just in case et signature électronique. But at some point you must show your papers I guess. Imagine a foreigner, passport, pass sanitaire, driving licence, race licence, insurances, entry fee and what else? Not mentioning scrutineering of the car including race gear… What a hassle!
Old 6 May 2021, 07:29 (Ref:4049979)   #1266
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Health protocol for GPH de F: https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...21%20V5ENG.pdf
Old 6 May 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4050020)   #1267
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
For a race meeting I wonder how they will manage now. OK for the video briefing, I like it, easy to understand, easy to watch it several times just in case et signature électronique. But at some point you must show your papers I guess. Imagine a foreigner, passport, pass sanitaire, driving licence, race licence, insurances, entry fee and what else? Not mentioning scrutineering of the car including race gear… What a hassle!

Currently in UK for each event we sign-on electronically, self-declaring that the car and our kit is compliant (including advising details of make and expiry of helmet, Hans etc), have to send the organisers a photo of our competition licence (once per organiser for the year), and have to have a mobile with us at the circuit to enable organisers to contact us for any judicial etc matters. No printed results - everything done via online means. Worked OK at Oulton, but could be fun at some circuits unless they've boosted their mobile signals lately.

There is provision for spot-checks for scrutineers to do physical inspection if required. At the circuit masks must be worn everywhere apart from in the paddock where full social distancing can be guaranteed, or when sat in the race car.