Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Feb 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1227099)   #51
RedNine Racing
Racer

Australia
Adelaide,Australia
RedNine Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That Fujitsu Britek car looks alot like the Boc BJR liveries to me,i mean its got more colour but very similar design and colour.

Also,does anyone else reckon Britek is a extra test mileage team for FPR...There getting a lot of help and Bright aint even running the team,sounds as dodgy as the HRT/KELLY/PWR teams closeness to me.

ROCK ON COURTNEY,FORD and SBR
ROCK ON FERRARI! n thanks 4 the memories Ruby,Schumi and bugga off Felipe
2007 F1 Champion Kimi Raikkonen
2007 MLB Champions Boston RedSox
Old 16 Feb 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1227113)   #52
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put me in the "i like it after my 3rd look " basket
Old 16 Feb 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1227188)   #53
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has a blue badge, i dont like it.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1227260)   #54
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just saw some different pics of it.....The AA picture is of a Car #25...this pic is of a car #26, the same except has adrad on the front bumper unlike the 25.
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=92108&page=4
Old 16 Feb 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1227638)   #55
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the wheels were silver or white I think it would look quite nice.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 01:19 (Ref:1227800)   #56
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Website is up...

http://www.promoco.com.au/britek/
Old 17 Feb 2005, 02:06 (Ref:1227817)   #57
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did Bright do that site by himself? sure looks like it.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 02:39 (Ref:1227824)   #58
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Will Mr Doricott be joining the team then? They can reminisce about the good old days... about sponsors and the like....
Mr. Dorricot passed away a cople of seasons ago....... Phyllis was trying to keep the team going but it looks like she gave it away.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 04:09 (Ref:1227844)   #59
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging by his website, looks like Jason Bright has put together an impressive portfolio of sponsors.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 06:19 (Ref:1227886)   #60
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
Judging by his website, looks like Jason Bright has put together an impressive portfolio of sponsors.
Or just a lot of little s*&@ ones!!! But, I guess every $$$ helps!!!

The site is very plain... Come to think about it, the livery is plain too!!!

Last edited by Joe5619; 17 Feb 2005 at 06:19.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1227928)   #61
cav
Racer

cav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All you guys are pretty hard on the Team designers, coming up with something new is not real easy and it is pretty hard to plaese everyone. I reckon the ones that should be slammed are the Teams that dont change. It gets a bit boring seeing the same stuff year after year.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1227937)   #62
DarthFalcon
Racer

Australia
Yavin
DarthFalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cav
I reckon the ones that should be slammed are the Teams that dont change. It gets a bit boring seeing the same stuff year after year.
Tell that to Ferrari or Subaru's WRC team, or better yet all the footy teams out there...I think there are good arguments for picking a good livery and sticking with it.

Last edited by DarthFalcon; 17 Feb 2005 at 08:00.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1227958)   #63
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Am I the only person who wishes some teams used very shiny gold and silver chrome looking wheels still?
I see some Indy cars have em..they look great.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1228027)   #64
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bathurst, I agree with you.

I remember gold wheels on peugots in the 2 litre bathursts. They were the thing i liked about those races. The gold wheels on the DJR sierras were good.

But I'd like to see polished silver wheels on a car. Match it with reflective silver on the side of the car. Maybe even put a hologram effect on it. Imagine how that would look in the crowd on a sunny day. You wouldnt miss the car thats for sure!
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1228043)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am wondering why the #26 car in the pics (presumably for Mr Fernandez but it is not stickered with a driver name) on fordforums.com shows a bloody big Adrad sticker on the nose... yet the car in AA does not....

Strange given the rumoured bankrolling of the whole shebang by the Washington family... and noise around Mr Fernandez & Mr Washington being enduro pilots for this team (but Mr White and Mr Owen may run separate cars as the sponsorships are different for each vehicle...)

Very strange.... and asks more questions than are answered...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1228050)   #66
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To the computer experts......... how come www.britek.com.au defers to www.promoco.com.au/britek.

Why would he pay for the Britek address then use another.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1228060)   #67
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
britek.com.au is just a name you can register. it can cost something like $66 for 2 years. Not a big cost.

the promoco.com.au/britek page is where the pages are most likely physically stored and hosted. the britek.com.au name points to that part of promoco's site.

Why would you do this rather than host your own site? a web hosting company usually has juicy connections to the internet and has the technical expertise and hardware/software to do the job effectively. britek itself doesnt need to worry about maintaing all of that. they just update the odd page when they want and let the hosting company take care of things like backing up and constant connection to the internet.

Hope that helps
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1228062)   #68
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos
britek.com.au is just a name you can register. it can cost something like $66 for 2 years. Not a big cost.

the promoco.com.au/britek page is where the pages are most likely physically stored and hosted. the britek.com.au name points to that part of promoco's site.

Why would you do this rather than host your own site? a web hosting company usually has juicy connections to the internet and has the technical expertise and hardware/software to do the job effectively. britek itself doesnt need to worry about maintaing all of that. they just update the odd page when they want and let the hosting company take care of things like backing up and constant connection to the internet.

Hope that helps
Is that why the site looks a bit cheep so some one on the Britek team can update it in HTML. (I am only a learner remember)

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1228065)   #69
Troy
Racer

Troy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In all honesty, it looks like a 5 year-old designed the website. Very poor effort.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1228068)   #70
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
I just looked at that site. I noticed there was a link to jobs @ britek. I think youre spot on retro, one of the jobs should be for a web designer and someone who can make decent looking images....
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1228078)   #71
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....

Ok I found the link which explains a bit more......

click here

Last edited by retro; 17 Feb 2005 at 10:51.

Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1228085)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
To the computer experts......... how come www.britek.com.au defers to www.promoco.com.au/britek.

Why would he pay for the Britek address then use another.
Promoco is the business of the PR vegemite who is looking after Britek this season.....

And for a mob with the (to quote the website) "...most anticipated new motor racing team in Australia..." the website is ordinary to say the least....

... company logos look like they were redone in MSPaint rather than done properly... the backround is unprofessional... but no better/worse than JB's homepage too...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Feb 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1228125)   #73
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well maybe you need to look around a bit more

and that is that the new web site will be www.fujitsuracing.com.au
unfortunatly it does not seem to be working yet

its only on the front page
Old 17 Feb 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1228162)   #74
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos

Hope that helps
This is all essentially correct but there is no need to do it this way, its about a 30 second job to create a new website on one server. Although on the surface, britek.com.au/promoco.com.au appears to be on two completely different servers.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1228701)   #75
laser
Racer

laser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's a .au though - you also need to have an ACN/ABN or product name that closely matches that, and get it passed.
Quote:
the promoco.com.au/britek page is where the pages are most likely physically stored and hosted.
Remove "most likely"

Quote:
Although on the surface, britek.com.au/promoco.com.au appears to be on two completely different servers.
HOw can you tell ?? Looks to me like britek is a subdirectory of the promoco site. The only thing that MIGHT be hosted differently is the homepage, which simply redirects traffic to promoco.