Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Feb 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3885291)   #4001
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
Anyway, I strongly believe BMR's 3 pieces of news at 6PM are:

- 1 Driver
- 1 Car
- 1 Sponsor
They’ll do well with the Infinitis I reckon.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3885292)   #4002
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Mat didn't do the season opener at Brands and at Croft retired first race and DNS the other 2 due to food poisoning
Which still leaves a 14-7 count in Plato's favour.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3885293)   #4003
btccboy789
Rookie

btccboy789 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jason got the hatrick at Brands GP tho
Old 19 Feb 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3885294)   #4004
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
They’ll do well with the Infinitis I reckon.
The Moffats have them, and are running them away from BTCC.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3885297)   #4005
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
see Snetterton,, Knockhill, Silverstone and Rockinham

Mat outcoscred JP big in those 4 events in a row
It's not a 4 event season.....
Old 19 Feb 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3885299)   #4006
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccboy789 View Post
Jason got the hatrick at Brands GP tho
Certainly did! That's no mean feat. Not many drivers have won all three races. Dan Eaves at Thruxton is one that springs to mind. Have there been any others?
Old 19 Feb 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3885300)   #4007
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim View Post
Certainly did! That's no mean feat. Not many drivers have won all three races. Dan Eaves at Thruxton is one that springs to mind. Have there been any others?
Nope and I suggest that unless someone comes up with a hugely dominant car, it'll not happen again.

Dan Eaves triple was largely helped by the reduced grid size that year, the quality of the grid, and a hugely excellent car

Jasons triple was mainly down to stealth in the early laps of race 30, coupled with Matt Neal running round the middle of the road 2 seconds a lap slower than normal, whilst trying to engineer a title for his team mate

Still, both great achievements though.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3885304)   #4008
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Nope and I suggest that unless someone comes up with a hugely dominant car, it'll not happen again.

Dan Eaves triple was largely helped by the reduced grid size that year, the quality of the grid, and a hugely excellent car

Jasons triple was mainly down to stealth in the early laps of race 30, coupled with Matt Neal running round the middle of the road 2 seconds a lap slower than normal, whilst trying to engineer a title for his team mate

Still, both great achievements though.
Honsetly, I think had it not been for the ride height issue Ash Sutton would've won all 3 races in the wet round Knockhill last season.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 17:04 (Ref:3885306)   #4009
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An hour to go. Any leaks? 😂
Old 19 Feb 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3885312)   #4010
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Honsetly, I think had it not been for the ride height issue Ash Sutton would've won all 3 races in the wet round Knockhill last season.
I was there and he would have done comfortably.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3885317)   #4011
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Senna Proctor and Adrian Flux at Subaru. No mention of other drivers/further announcements.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3885319)   #4012
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well that was underwhelming...
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3885318)   #4013
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.btcc.net/2019/02/19/bmr-s...-flux-backing/
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3885320)   #4014
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proctor at BMR with Adrian Flux and Subaru.
http://www.teambmr.co.uk/2019-02-sen...n-flux--subaru
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3885321)   #4015
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see JP and AS in the Astras.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3885322)   #4016
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I can see JP and AS in the Astras.
nah. ash will be in the subaru.

autosport.com says;
Proctor is the only driver announced by BMR for the 2019 BTCC so far, although '17 champion Ash Sutton is expected to remain with the squad.

Last edited by touring fan01; 19 Feb 2019 at 18:12.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:08 (Ref:3885323)   #4017
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Plato has just posted this on Twitter: -

"Oops, might have got me date and time wrong"

Is he just playing with us all?
Given his previous tweets about BMR, it wouldn't surprise me to see that he's referring to an announcement of his own that will be timed to upstage the BMR announcement.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:13 (Ref:3885324)   #4018
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post

autosport.com says;
Proctor is the only driver announced by BMR for the 2019 BTCC so far, although '17 champion Ash Sutton is expected to remain with the squad.
He can't be. Senna Proctor is in one and Adrian Flux in the other.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3885326)   #4019
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
He can't be. Senna Proctor is in one and Adrian Flux in the other.
I was always a fan of his dad, Ian.
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3885327)   #4020
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 seats left to be confirmed

MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - ???????
MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - Rob Smith

Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Mike Bushell
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Bobby Thompson
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Carl Boardley
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Michael Crees

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Tom Ingram

Mercedes A - Ciceley - Adam Morgan
Mercedes A - Ciceley - Dan Rowbottom

Mercedes A - Laser Tools - Aidan Moffat

Ford Focus - Motorbase - Tom Chilton
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Nicolas Hamilton

BMW 125 - WSR - Tom Oliphant
BMW 125 - WSR - Colin Turkington
BMW 125 - WSR - Andrew Jordan

BMW 125 - Team Parker - Stephen Jelley

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Cammish

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Chris Smiley
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook

Honda Civic - Simpson Racing - Matt Simpson

Honda Civic - AMD - Sam Tordoff
Honda Civic - AMD - Rory Butcher

Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - Jake Hill
Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - Mark Blundell

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ?????
Vauxhall Astra - PMR - Jason Plato ?????

Subaru Levorg - BMR - Ash Sutton ???

Subaru Levorg - BMR - Senna Proctor
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3885332)   #4021
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Senna in BMR and hopefully he'll gel with the RWD car well, I'm also a bit surprised (although in a positive way) that BMR retains Subaru backing and manufacturer status. I think that it's a bit worrying that Ash hasn't been confirmed alongside with Proctor but hopefully he'll be in a due course. If so, Sutton&Proctor seems a very good squad!
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3885334)   #4022
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
touring fan01 - right now, I'm not placing much faith in your assertions:

Quote:
second BMR seat is not warren scott.
it’s a driver new to btcc
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So is it Plato or Sutton who isn't a 2019 driver?
Quote:
neither. they will be both be on the grid.
Quote:
so where do we put the Plato in a FWD car thing next ?
Quote:
im predicting all the doors have closed on him and he wont be on the grid.
It's beginning to seem like another case of posting enough predictions and claims that eventually some of them will come true......
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3885336)   #4023
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I called Proctor to BMR on Monday. Didn’t know anything, didn’t hear anything, it just seems to make the most sense and I think it’s a good fit. Would expect Sutton to be alongside him.

I’m still intrigued by this “biggest surprise of the winter” to come though.

Most people expect Plato to end up at Power Maxed and have for the last couple of months at least, so if it happens it wouldn’t be a big surprise. If, as some rumours have surfaced, Collard ends up alongside him, that would be a bigger surprise, but nothing like the supposed surprised that it’s hyped up to be.

I can’t see any way in which a new team could end up on the grid, but the only thing that hasn’t been mentioned is the possibility that Power Maxed won’t be running Vauxhalls, but something else. Is that a possibility at all?
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3885339)   #4024
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I called Proctor to BMR on Monday. Didn’t know anything, didn’t hear anything, it just seems to make the most sense and I think it’s a good fit. Would expect Sutton to be alongside him.

I’m still intrigued by this “biggest surprise of the winter” to come though.

Most people expect Plato to end up at Power Maxed and have for the last couple of months at least, so if it happens it wouldn’t be a big surprise. If, as some rumours have surfaced, Collard ends up alongside him, that would be a bigger surprise, but nothing like the supposed surprised that it’s hyped up to be.

I can’t see any way in which a new team could end up on the grid, but the only thing that hasn’t been mentioned is the possibility that Power Maxed won’t be running Vauxhalls, but something else. Is that a possibility at all?
I thought that the Power Maxed / Vauxhall was multi-year, also based on the fact that they have bought a number of Vauxhall vehicles for their company too?
Old 19 Feb 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3885340)   #4025
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Most people expect Plato to end up at Power Maxed
Not most people, just people speculating on the internet. Ask most armchair or local ‘it’s a good day out’ fans and it’s big news.

Didn’t see the Proctor to BMR move coming, that means there’s definitely two new drivers at PMR!